Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivaldo

Can someone please tell me where the hell Reus would play in our team and who he would bench? Totally unnecessary signing if we got him, he's brilliant but it would be the Cesc saga all over again. No thanks. Not keen on Cuadrado either but meh ill take him lol

anguy

Can someone please tell me where the hell Reus would play in our team and who he would bench? Totally unnecessary signing if we got him, he's brilliant but it would be the Cesc saga all over again. No thanks. Not keen on Cuadrado either but meh ill take him lol

Yeah, Reus would be totally wasted by us. Plus he would block the development of young players. Our No1 priority is RB and we need one midfielder too. Rafinha so far seems to play just on RW so we have Rakitic, Iniesta, Xavi and Roberto. Roberto is really poor and Xavi is already old. We are pretty thin, especially if you realize we won't be able to buy anyone next year and we don't have some great CMs in B team...

Zincubus

Banned
Yeah, Reus would be totally wasted by us. Plus he would block the development of young players. Our No1 priority is RB and we need one midfielder too. Rafinha so far seems to play just on RW so we have Rakitic, Iniesta, Xavi and Roberto. Roberto is really poor and Xavi is already old. We are pretty thin, especially if you realize we won't be able to buy anyone next year and we don't have some great CMs in B team...

I haven't been too impressed with Rafinna , has he been played out if position ??

Very impressed with Munir though !!

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

There's Kaptoum, Babunski (midfield utility man), and Samper (more of a DM though). But yeah, another midfield signing wouldn't hurt.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I haven't been too impressed with Rafinna , has he been played out if position ??

Very impressed with Munir though !!

Yeah he has. Rafa's a midfielder and looks out of sorts when shunted out onto the wing, but with our lack of depth upfront what else could be done?

Trafalgar

Ben Yedder just had 2 incredible seasons since he's a Toulouse player, so in a team with not much money. IIRC he scored 15+ goals in a league where 9 teams out of 10 play with 11 players in defense.

This season he already scored 2 goals in 3 games.

Other things I can tell from what I watched of him:

- His passing is just a bit better than average. He lacks accuracy as far as passes are concerned atm. That said that doesn't stop him from getting some assists.
- The problem is that he doesn't do much passes himself and tends to wait for balls to come to him (he's not cavani if you see what i mean) His team is not helping tho. Toulouse has average workrate on the pitch tbh.
- He's fast. Good pace, good acc. Good in one-on-one.
- He definitely needs to improve his workrate on the pitch tho.
- He needs to improve his passing accuracy if he wants to pretend to one day join a team like Barcelona.

Ohhh ... another Benarfa :zubi:

i_bleed_blaugrana

In all honesty, it would be nice to see a bit more of Montoya before we make a for sure push for Cuadrado. Cuadrado would be nothing but an expensive toy here and while he very well could learn to become something like a Dani 2.0 but that takes a lot of time and tactical reshuffling mentally speaking. He just seems like too much risk with not enough reward and I'd much rather have someone who is no nonsense at the back yet efficient when getting forward. I think with the way we are already playing Montoya could feed off of a fresh opportunity.

I won't be heartbroken if we don't sign anyone else this summer. Cuadrado seems to be the somewhat most believable and likely transfer to happen in relation to us and that's saying something considering how blatantly overpriced he is.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I really think this transfer ban down the road could be a blessing in disguise in many ways. The idea that we will never produce quality from La Masia like Messi, Xavi or Iniesta ever again is non sense to me because our system is so interchanging and consistent throughout the ranks that makes it uniquely special in producing gifted and intelligent footballers who are of the highest caliber. Its why Munir looked like he had played with that team for years with his movement and his positioning against Elche, when the basic template of football remains the same and you know where everyone should be, it makes it much easier to be expressive and creative and to tune your personal attributes to the team.

All honesty I think Dani could feasibly remain as our RB until the ban is lifted based on how strong this team looks defensively. Rakitic continues to amaze me with what he does on both sides of the ball and with the amount of support he offers Dani on the right, it makes it much more difficult to exploit the space he leaves behind. Lucho deserves all the credit in the world for dropping Fabregas for Rakitic while making a profit because he already offers much more tactically then Cesc did.

A solid attacking RB is sure to come out within the next two years and with solid and sturdy players like Montoya and Patric, who while aren't flashy are very reliable, we might not even need one.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I don't think that Lucho would play Cuadrado as RB, he was furious at Deulofeu for not putting defensive effort, so how he can be satisfied with Cuadrado's defensive abilities, doesn't make sense, he would be either a winger, or midfielder in 2-5-3 formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans