Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Renato Goncalves reports on Barcablaugranes: FC Barcelona Set to Make Offer to Borussia Dortmund for Marco Reus

453680694.0_standard_709.0.jpg

FC Barcelona has six days left on the transfer window, and their eyes are set on the final target to improve the squad.

According to multiple reports from Spain, it is Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus. All the sources of all websites reporting on this story say that the 25-year-old is the main option. Basically, it is "Reus or bust" when it comes to Barça's last signing of the season.

Since Borussia wants to raise the player's buyout clause to €70 million next season, this is the biggest chance for teams to purchase him for the current ammount, of €35 million. Since Barcelona is the frontrunner to sign him and no other club has expressed as big of an interest as the Blaugrana, it is possible that Dortmund and Barça could agree on a deal by the end of the week.

Barça coach Luis Enrique has made clear that he's satisfied with the current roster, so Barça would buy Reus, loan him back to Borussia for one more season and then have him as part of the squad next summer. Again, this is all speculation at this point, but it's undeniable that the Catalans want the player, and Dortmund will not make it impossible for a deal to happen.

The alternatives remain Atlético Madrid's Koke and Fiorentina's Juan Cuadrado, but signing one of them is really unlikely right now. The fact is that Reus is the guy, and Barça will make every effort possible to turn him into a Blaugrana.

----------------------------------------------------------------

#ReusBlaugrana #FantasticFive

It seems they don't even bother to check their sources anymore.
1) BVB want to REMOVE his buyout clause, not raise it to 70M.
2) His buyout clause is 25M, not 35M.

Fabricated horseshit just as 80% of all football news coming out of Spain.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There is just a handful of journos in Spain who are reliable and gets it right most of the time like with the Suarez transfer, but all of them have been quiet for a while so I guess its fair to say that all these rumors are worth nothing.

And as you say, when they can't even get the facts right then you know its rubbish.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

There is just a handful of journos in Spain who are reliable and gets it right most of the time like with the Suarez transfer

Yeah, that's why I said "80%" ;)

On a side-note, I would love to see Reus at Bayern as Ribery replacement, but then it would do us also good to see him stay at BVB for 2 or 3 years or even more. Strong competition is necessary to push the team the extra miles and make them ready for Europe.

Crixus

Tottenham and Marseille have sounded out Barcelona midfielder Alex Song (26). Player willing to leave, Tottenham main candidate. [l'equipe]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, that's why I said "80%" ;)

On a side-note, I would love to see Reus at Bayern as Ribery replacement, but then it would do us also good to see him stay at BVB for 2 or 3 years or even more. Strong competition is necessary to push the team the extra miles and make them ready for Europe.

I hope he goes to England.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I wonder what our scouting team saw in him.....

Douglas I mean.

Maybe his defensive abilities were better when Cuadrado's? Look for example at Douglas' stats, in 2013 he averaged 3.6 tackles and 1.4 interception in 25 games. In 2014 these numbers have even improved - 3.9 tackles and 3 interceptions in 10 games played. Lucho had to approve this transfer and him being obsessed with defensive contribution he might be looking for someone who not only can go into attack but be a defensive RB.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Maybe his defensive abilities were better when Cuadrado's? Look for example at Douglas' stats, in 2014 he averaged 3.6 tackles and 1.4 interception in 25 games. In 2015 these numbers has even improved - 3.9 tackles and 3 interceptions in 10 games played. Lucho had to approve this transfer and him being obsessed with defensive contribution he might be looking for someone who not only can go into attack but be a defensive RB.
Are you from the future?

F

Flavia

Maybe his defensive abilities were better when Cuadrado's? Look for example at Douglas' stats, in 2013 he averaged 3.6 tackles and 1.4 interception in 25 games. In 2014 these numbers have even improved - 3.9 tackles and 3 interceptions in 10 games played. Lucho had to approve this transfer and him being obsessed with defensive contribution he might be looking for someone who not only can go into attack but be a defensive RB.

Douglas biggest weaknesses are his defending and his passing. Lucho is trusting the board/scouts/zubi. I can't believe he saw douglas playing and agreed to sign him. Like henrique and keirrison, pep had nothing to do with those signings.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Brazilian fullbacks traditionally are not defensively strong FBs. I donno why the board insist on a Brazilian to replace another aged Brazilian FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans