Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
No use crying over spilled milk with this Benatia issue. Yes in the end it leaves a sour taste in the mouth of what could have been, specially when you consider the team's 3 weakest/unnecessary signings (Bravo, Vermaelen, Douglas) combined could have bankrolled a Benatia purchase. However it is what it is and no use crying or whining over it.

In the end Barca got a very good CB in Mathieu who already looks phenomenal, and got some depth.

People can choose to fixate on the negatives. I will choose to look instead at the positives.

Jadentheman

Reminds me about a certain Thomas......

Or maybe Douglas also fits the holy Barca profile so thats fine. He will do well then in that case.

Also I almost forgot,

Its only 6m! If he fails then its only peanuts. If we win the CL then no one will care about it.

:)

Maybe, if he does bad at least Barca didn't waste too much money

I

instinct

No use crying over spilled milk with this Benatia issue. Yes in the end it leaves a sour taste in the mouth of what could have been, specially when you consider the team's 3 weakest/unnecessary signings (Bravo, Vermaelen, Douglas) combined could have bankrolled a Benatia purchase. However it is what it is and no use crying or whining over it.

In the end Barca got a very good CB in Mathieu who already looks phenomenal, and got some depth.

People can choose to fixate on the negatives. I will choose to look instead at the positives.

Vermaelen is a pretty good defender as well. His only problem is that he's injury prone. If our medical staff is able to sort this out, he'll be a good addition to the squad IMO.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Team is looking promising. Think we can do very well this season, but as you said, it will leave a sour taste in the mouth, especially if the transfer ban is upheld for the entire duration and Vermaelen doesn't do well at all and of course we have Sir Douglas as well, but hey...

If we win the CL then it won't matter at all!

;)

Jadentheman

Forgot the transfer ban already? If Alves leaves next summer, we'll be left with montoya and douglas! Now should be the time to get a quality rb, the position that really needs an upgrade.

Just watch we won't, then in two seasons we will be back at PSG begging to buy Aurier

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Reminds me about a certain Thomas......

Or maybe Douglas also fits the holy Barca profile so thats fine. He will do well then in that case.

Also I almost forgot,

Its only 6m! If he fails then its only peanuts. If we win the CL then no one will care about it.

:)

haha. i disagree because i think thomas can be good for us. douglas will never be.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Vermaelen is a pretty good defender as well. His only problem is that he's injury prone. If our medical staff is able to sort this out, he'll be a good addition to the squad IMO.

I'll remain optimistic on Vermaelen. A while ago he was a premiere CB in the EPL so we know he's got the talent, but that injury history is a bit terrifying.

All I meant was that Vermaelen, Bravo and Douglas were the team's weakest signings, Douglas is pretty much unnecessary considering his quality, he's not adding much. All three of these players combined could have bought Benatia, that is tough to swallow is all.

But moving forward though. Barca have added quality on all lines and have added depth. Have to look at the positives and not dwell on the negatives.

Thiago6

anyone knows the sum of benatia to bayern? if its 30m i have lost all faith in our board like wtf, pay 15m more and you could have upgraded verminator to benatia :song:

I

instinct

Douglas STAHP!

photo.jpg

Why all Dortmund players go to Bayern? It just feels they all are traitors. It would be the same when every year a Real player joins Barca to win more trophies or a Barca player joins Real. I don't understand it....

Dortmund players also get a lot more money at Bayern. Much bigger wage difference than between RM and Barca. Not to mention they don't even have a rivalry aside from being competitors for the Bundesliga. Meaning they have about as much of a rivalry between each other as Atletico and Barca do.

About Douglas... really? Douglas? Mediocre Brazilian league player whose team's fans are desperate to see him gone? I still can't believe that we're showing any interest in him (let alone that we're about to buy him)...

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
I'll remain optimistic on Vermaelen. A while ago he was a premiere CB in the EPL so we know he's got the talent, but that injury history is a bit terrifying.

All I meant was that Vermaelen, Bravo and Douglas were the team's weakest signings, Douglas is pretty much unnecessary considering his quality, he's not adding much. All three of these players combined could have bought Benatia, that is tough to swallow is all.

But moving forward though. Barca have added quality on all lines and have added depth. Have to look at the positives and not dwell on the negatives.

True about Verm being talented so hopefully the physical La Liga will suit him better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans