Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

anguy

If the ban really will be until 2016, we have huuuuuge problems. Alves and the RB situation is a catastrophe. Iniesta + who in the midfield? And if Iniesta gets injured? We're fu****d! Playing Busi on CM and Masch on DM might work, starting giving Samper some minutes. Hoping Denis might surprise us and we bring him back. Because I have to say honestly, I don't have much faith in Rafinha and Sergio. Raki just might work out, but he still have a lot to show for.

RB situation can be a problem, but midfield situation can be easily fixed by switching to 4-2-3-1.

Adriano/Mont -------- Bartra --------- Mathieu -------- Alba

---------------Masch/Samper------Busq/Rakitic---------

---------------------Messi/Iniesta/Rakitic--------------------
-----Pedro/Rafinha-------------------------Neymar/Iniesta
-------------------------Suarez/Munir------------------------

Our DM situation is in fact AMAZING, we should take an advantage of that.

Last edited:

sabby

I think I'd have preferred the ban to be in effect from this summer. At least the new board could make some much needed changes in 2016. Now we are basically screwed till 2017.

abual3bed1

I think I'd have preferred the ban to be in effect from this summer. At least the new board could make some much needed changes in 2016. Now we are basically screwed till 2017.

The ban will be lifted in January 2016. So the new board at June 2016 will be able to get new signings.

sabby

Thank goodness ! We just gotta wait for this moron board to go away. In the mean time we are loosing the prime years of some of our best players !!

SeloBarca

RB situation can be a problem, but midfield situation can be easily fixed by switching to 4-2-3-1.

Adriano/Mont -------- Bartra --------- Mathieu -------- Alba

---------------Masch/Samper------Busq/Rakitic---------

---------------------Messi/Iniesta/Rakitic--------------------
-----Pedro/Rafinha-------------------------Neymar/Iniesta
-------------------------Suarez/Munir------------------------

Our DM situation is in fact AMAZING, we should take an advantage of that.

We are crating very little as it is forward. Double pivot would mean even less.

Should give Samper more time, hes the only youngster decent enough. Our CM and AM positions are very troubling though.

Iniesta/raki/halilovich. For CM we have..Xavi. We shoulda taken a change on Gündogan. Noone knows if hell be 100% again but wouldnt have costed us more then Vermaelen, and its a playertype we need.

i_bleed_blaugrana

We are crating very little as it is forward. Double pivot would mean even less.

Should give Samper more time, hes the only youngster decent enough. Our CM and AM positions are very troubling though.

Iniesta/raki/halilovich. For CM we have..Xavi. We shoulda taken a change on Gündogan. Noone knows if hell be 100% again but wouldnt have costed us more then Vermaelen, and its a playertype we need.

We have perplexing problems at CM position right now, the young CMs we have show a lot of promise but they need roughly 2-3 seasons right now to sharpen up and transition to the world class level. I personally think people are a bit too harsh on Rafinha here, I think he shows glimpses here and there of being what we need, he just needs a bit of confidence. If we are patient with him, I think he could make it here. He is very inventive, has good vision and awareness and overall he usually tries to make the right decision on the ball.

I don't get the Roberto obsession with the club right now though. Samper can offer everything Roberto does now and is more inventive than Roberto so I think he is pretty expendable.

Halilovic and Denis Suarez are intriguing though, both are very young still but both are very dynamic on the ball. I think Halilovic will initially develop more into an attacker since he plays so much like Messi but Denis Suarez has a lot of potential in the more forward midfield role in our system (in the Iniesta position, essentially). He is quick, an excellent dribbler and he is more physical and stronger on the ball than Iniesta, so its important to keep him in the picture as well.

I am unsure about Rakitic's long term future at the club. He doesn't have the dribbling ability to weave through tight spaces in the Iniesta role and he can't control games enough to warrant him in the Xavi role yet his unique qualities can still be very useful. Long term, I think moving him into the DM role is where he could really lock down a long term role in this club. Obviously this means either a) Busquets gets dropped or b) we change the midfield shape and since a isn't a likely scenario, it would have to be B but we need a coach with more tactical nous than Lucho to make a change of shape work for us, which is why I wonder if he will stay any longer than Lucho does.

What would be idyllic for me and what I would do with this squad is pair the young CMs together to see which players complement each other. For example, I think a midfield of either Rafinha-Busi-Samper or Suarez-Busi-Samper would be the closest evolution we could get from Xaviniesta. Samper started as a DM but I think with a player of his quickness, passing range and vision he would be better in the Xavi role. For me, he is too frail to be a holding midfielder but has everything required to excel in the Xavi role.

Lastly, if we had to go into the market for a CM, the player we should go after is Oliver Torres. He is on loan at Porto from Atletico and he is exceptionally gifted on the ball. He is younger than Gundogan, wouldn't cost nearly as much as him either and wouldn't be as injury prone either. Gundogan is exceptional and I wouldn't mind him here but I think Oliver Torres has more potential. I think he could be better than Samper and Denis Suarez and don't be surprised if you start hearing bigger clubs linked to him soon or if Atletico tries to bring him up in their ranks.

DinhoR10

We have perplexing problems at CM position right now, the young CMs we have show a lot of promise but they need roughly 2-3 seasons right now to sharpen up and transition to the world class level. I personally think people are a bit too harsh on Rafinha here, I think he shows glimpses here and there of being what we need, he just needs a bit of confidence. If we are patient with him, I think he could make it here. He is very inventive, has good vision and awareness and overall he usually tries to make the right decision on the ball.

I don't get the Roberto obsession with the club right now though. Samper can offer everything Roberto does now and is more inventive than Roberto so I think he is pretty expendable.

Halilovic and Denis Suarez are intriguing though, both are very young still but both are very dynamic on the ball. I think Halilovic will initially develop more into an attacker since he plays so much like Messi but Denis Suarez has a lot of potential in the more forward midfield role in our system (in the Iniesta position, essentially). He is quick, an excellent dribbler and he is more physical and stronger on the ball than Iniesta, so its important to keep him in the picture as well.

I am unsure about Rakitic's long term future at the club. He doesn't have the dribbling ability to weave through tight spaces in the Iniesta role and he can't control games enough to warrant him in the Xavi role yet his unique qualities can still be very useful. Long term, I think moving him into the DM role is where he could really lock down a long term role in this club. Obviously this means either a) Busquets gets dropped or b) we change the midfield shape and since a isn't a likely scenario, it would have to be B but we need a coach with more tactical nous than Lucho to make a change of shape work for us, which is why I wonder if he will stay any longer than Lucho does.

What would be idyllic for me and what I would do with this squad is pair the young CMs together to see which players complement each other. For example, I think a midfield of either Rafinha-Busi-Samper or Suarez-Busi-Samper would be the closest evolution we could get from Xaviniesta. Samper started as a DM but I think with a player of his quickness, passing range and vision he would be better in the Xavi role. For me, he is too frail to be a holding midfielder but has everything required to excel in the Xavi role.

Lastly, if we had to go into the market for a CM, the player we should go after is Oliver Torres. He is on loan at Porto from Atletico and he is exceptionally gifted on the ball. He is younger than Gundogan, wouldn't cost nearly as much as him either and wouldn't be as injury prone either. Gundogan is exceptional and I wouldn't mind him here but I think Oliver Torres has more potential. I think he could be better than Samper and Denis Suarez and don't be surprised if you start hearing bigger clubs linked to him soon or if Atletico tries to bring him up in their ranks.

I dont agree that OT has more potential than Samper, Samper can do everything OT can do plus is taller and better defensively.

SeloBarca

Yes, Torres and Gündogan are our best bets. Wouldnt mind both since i personaly dont see a future for Rafinha and Suarez in Barca.
I dont agree that OT has more potential than Samper, Samper can do everything OT can do plus is taller and better defensively.

Samper is a DM while OT is a CM/AM so wouldnt really compete

Last edited:

DinhoR10

Yes, Torres and Gündogan are our best bets. Wouldnt mind both since i personaly dont see a future for Rafinha and Suarez in Barca.

Samper is a DM while OT is a CM/AM so wouldnt really compete

In an ideal situation they wouldn't, but if OT were to be bought for instance. In a team with Busquets and Mascherano already in it, he and Samper will probably both be vying for the CM spot, samper would be a pirlo type player in that case while OT would be more xavi-esque.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'd also add that Gundogan isn't quite injury prone; it's just the one back injury and the subsequent injury that kept him out of most of last season.

L

linetty

Arsenal are preparing January bids of 7,5M for Barcelona right back Dani Alves (31) and 30,5M for Barcelona winger Pedro (27). [express]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans