Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarcón

if only tata realised that FABREGAS IS NOT A FORWARD, maybe we could try him (or even Iniesta) as the next player to play our "xavi" role.

I agree with that, I personally don't think Fàbregas would be a brilliant replacement for Xavi but he should at least be tested there for several games in a row, get accustomed to the position, so that people can make an assessment.

Ghosting

There's a lot of hoping and speculating in your comment. I only see the present and the present tells me that a) Gündogan is one of the best central midfielders in the world, at age 23 and b) Roberto doesn't seem to have enough potential to become one of them. Of course I could be wrong but in all honesty, Roberto is hardly more than a year younger than Gündogan and we still see him as a talent, while Gündogan has been playing at a world class level for almost 2 years now. As I said, Thiago is more talented than Sergi and was always regarded as Xavi's heir and a future special player similar to the likes of Iniesta, yet he doesn't come close to Gündogan at the moment.
I don't doubt there is a lot of hope with Sergi but isn't all football hope and speculation, didn't we all hope Neymar succeeded. Don't Chelsea fans hope Torres can get back to his best, are you not hoping if Gundogan came to Barca he would fit in and become one of the great midfielders. No one truly knows with football.

Also I very much agree with the Cesc debate, he could fill in Xavis role and i would certainly take a few percent pass completion percent lower if that meant more assists and goals. If someone could fully replace Xavi then he would not be considered one of the greatest centre midfielders of all time would he.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I don't doubt there is a lot of hope with Sergi but isn't all football hope and speculation, didn't we all hope Neymar succeeded. Don't Chelsea fans hope Torres can get back to his best, are you not hoping if Gundogan came to Barca he would fit in and become one of the great midfielders. No one truly knows with football.

Also I very much agree with the Cesc debate, he could fill in Xavis role and i would certainly take a few percent pass completion percent lower if that meant more assists and goals. If someone could fully replace Xavi then he would not be considered one of the greatest centre midfielders of all time would he.

Hay, I'm drunk - but yes :)

All things considered, the risk of letting Gündogan go to another club and trust Sergi, who may or may not succeed, with the most important position in our squad is much higher than the risk of signing a potential replacement for Xavi for years to come whose contract runs out in 2015.
but even if Sergi develops well and stays, u still need 6 midfielders and a replacement for Xavi (after '15).
In the end I think u definitely should buy someone (long-term).
so why wait?
with cesc, busi, iniesta, xavi, gundogan, and sergi u should be fine in the long run. in '15 just throw youth guy in the team to replace Xavi and you'll still be fine.
u could always also experiment a little with messi as an AM.

lostchild

but even if Sergi develops well and stays, u still need 6 midfielders and a replacement for Xavi (after '15).
In the end I think u definitely should buy someone (long-term).
so why wait?
with cesc, busi, iniesta, xavi, gundogan, and sergi u should be fine in the long run. in '15 just throw youth guy in the team to replace Xavi and you'll still be fine.
u could always also experiment a little with messi as an AM.

well
i would rather put my belief on Espinoza, Samper, Calvet... or any other youngster we have at Barca B..
maybe im naive

khaled_a_d

Tello doesn't bring to team what Neymar does. On other hand Sergi can bring to the team what Gundogan can. Maybe not now but in 1-2 years definitely.

Gundogan is one of the best player in his position ,way better than Sergi while just less than 16 months older

well
i would rather put my belief on Espinoza, Samper, Calvet... or any other youngster we have at Barca B..
maybe im naive

You are ,This isn't Bilbao to think we should just rely on the academy

Robin

Just read that Akinfeev (27) and Vidic (32) will be available on free transfers this summer..

Seem like perfect replacements for Valdes and Puyol to me.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Akinfeev has been struggling for quite a while and Vidic will prolly only just add to the injury list if he is signed anyway.

well
maybe im naive
i don't know how good they are or how good they will become
take somebody like montoya, i don't see him being an word class fullback belonging to the best 3 in the world at that postion. Not now, nor in 3-4 years. When Alves is 33-34 u need a replacement and use Montoya as a decent sub.
Bartra imo should be able to become as good as pique or puyol.

Montoya is good enough for 80% of la liga games, still that is not good enough when you want the CL.
sergi could become world class or 'just' a very decent barca squad member. we don't know yet but Gundogan definitely will become one of the best at his position.
now you can buy him, wait another 2 years and he'll be somewhere in England.

khaled_a_d

i don't know how good they are or how good they will become
take somebody like montoya, i don't see him being an word class fullback belonging to the best 3 in the world at that postion. Not now, nor in 3-4 years. When Alves is 33-34 u need a replacement and use Montoya as a decent sub.
Bartra imo should be able to become as good as pique or puyol.

Montoya is good enough for 80% of la liga games, still that is not good enough when you want the CL.
sergi could become world class or 'just' a very decent barca squad member. we don't know yet but Gundogan definitely will become one of the best at his position.
now you can buy him, wait another 2 years and he'll be somewhere in England.

Honestly I doubt it ,Puyol is probably the club greatest defender ever ,he played in every position in defense like it was his natural position
People seems to forgot how good he once was in attacking when he was young too ,Pique was also one of the best if not the best CBs in the world once he arrived here ,Bartra gonna be a very good CB for years to come but we need to ease our expectations a little bit

Gohan

Super Saiyan
So many expectations. I often think about what would happen the our 'loyal fans' when Barcelona has a period where things don't go to the way they should.

Trickykid

So many expectations. I often think about what would happen the our 'loyal fans' when Barcelona has a period where things don't go to the way they should.

Hell, even now we have members who complain we play boring football they barely can stomach watching. Now imagine if the results would suddenly stop going our way, and that the trophies would dry up. They would drop like flies, those fans, no doubt. Not that it would be a loss to the forum, though.

M

Messi+Eto

Barcelona start to look at the option to sign Villarreal centre back Mateo Musacchio (23). Scouts have been following him for a while. [md]

Contract of Musacchio expires in June, but according to Villarreal sources there's a verbal renewal deal until 2017 with 50M buyout fee [md]

If I remember I made a suggestion of him when they got relegated. . . Many of you guys in here laughed at me back then, even though stats showed he had the best interception rate in the league prior to his teams relegation.

M

Messi+Eto

Just read that Akinfeev (27) and Vidic (32) will be available on free transfers this summer..

Seem like perfect replacements for Valdes and Puyol to me.

Akinfeev on a free and Ter Stegen and We have the best "collection" of goalies in the world, emphasis on collection. BTW, do you really want us to replace Puyol with someone that's excessively injury prone and only 2 years younger than him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans