Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Barcelona start to look at the option to sign Villarreal centre back Mateo Musacchio (23). Scouts have been following him for a while. [md]

Contract of Musacchio expires in June, but according to Villarreal sources there's a verbal renewal deal until 2017 with 50M buyout fee [md]

Maria

Barcelona start to look at the option to sign Villarreal centre back Mateo Musacchio (23). Scouts have been following him for a while. [md]

Contract of Musacchio expires in June, but according to Villarreal sources there's a verbal renewal deal until 2017 with 50M buyout fee [md]

Then why has Musacchio said on spanish TV after Barca-Villareal that he has a contract until 2017? Also why is it that although the scouts have been following for a while, we only hear about this after he played against us?
Porque?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Then why has Musacchio said on spanish TV after Barca-Villareal that he has a contract until 2017? Also why is it that although the scouts have been following for a while, we only hear about this after he played against us?
Porque?
may be Zubi wants to do a Pep... scout players only from the opposion team

F

Flavia

Porque?
He could be talking about the verbal deal, who knows. His agent said they'd listen to offers. But the rumor started because Tata talked with him for a bit, after the game.

Alarcón

Tello doesn't bring to team what Neymar does. On other hand Sergi can bring to the team what Gundogan can. Maybe not now but in 1-2 years definitely.

That's a very brave statement considering Gündogan is one of the best in his position at age 23. I doubt Thiago will ever be as good as Gündogan and he has lots more talent than Sergi.

lostchild

That's a very brave statement considering Gündogan is one of the best in his position at age 23. I doubt Thiago will ever be as good as Gündogan and he has lots more talent than Sergi.

maybe one of the stats worshipers can supply us with accurate stats of Gundogan from last year and current one? like goals,assists,passes (+successful) etc...
because he always seemed way overrated imo.

Ghosting

I don't watch at lot of Dortmund but don't they usually play a fast paced direct style of play, so Gundogan however great a passer would at least time take to fit in if he ever could manage to play our style of football.
maybe one of the stats worshipers can supply us with accurate stats of Gundogan from last year and current one? like goals,assists,passes (+successful) etc...
because he always seemed way overrated imo.

Whoscored.com has his last seasons stats as 26 apps, 3 goals, 3 assists 86.2% pass completion. And he has only had 1 appearance this season.

lostchild

Whoscored.com has his last seasons stats as 26 apps, 3 goals, 3 assists 86.2% pass completion. And he has only had 1 appearance this season.

so just to stay in proportions :)

last season stats

Iniesta - 24 apps, 3 goals, 16 assists, 90.5 % pass completion
Xavi - 24 apps, 5 goals, 8 assists, 94.8 % pass completion
Fabregas - 30 apps, 11 goals, 11 assists, 88.6 % pass completion

Thiago (barca) - 15 apps, 2 goals, 5 assists, 91.8 % pass completion
Gotze (dortmund) - 23 apps, 10 goals, 9 assists, 83.7 % pass completion

Ghosting

so just to stay in proportions :)

last season stats

Iniesta - 24 apps, 3 goals, 16 assists, 90.5 % pass completion
Xavi - 24 apps, 5 goals, 8 assists, 94.8 % pass completion
Fabregas - 30 apps, 11 goals, 11 assists, 88.6 % pass completion

Thiago (barca) - 15 apps, 2 goals, 5 assists, 91.8 % pass completion
Gotze (dortmund) - 23 apps, 10 goals, 9 assists, 83.7 % pass completion

I'd point out, I was going back looking at all the recent Barca transferees and all the players had at least a 5% boost on their pass completion ratio when they moved to Barca. So if Gundogan followed trend he would go above 90%. But I certainly think we shouldn't waste money on someone who more than likely won't be better than what Sergi will hopefully become.

Alarcón

But I certainly think we shouldn't waste money on someone who more than likely won't be better than what Sergi will hopefully become.

There's a lot of hoping and speculating in your comment. I only see the present and the present tells me that a) Gündogan is one of the best central midfielders in the world, at age 23 and b) Roberto doesn't seem to have enough potential to become one of them. Of course I could be wrong but in all honesty, Roberto is hardly more than a year younger than Gündogan and we still see him as a talent, while Gündogan has been playing at a world class level for almost 2 years now. As I said, Thiago is more talented than Sergi and was always regarded as Xavi's heir and a future special player similar to the likes of Iniesta, yet he doesn't come close to Gündogan at the moment.

All things considered, the risk of letting Gündogan go to another club and trust Sergi, who may or may not succeed, with the most important position in our squad is much higher than the risk of signing a potential replacement for Xavi for years to come whose contract runs out in 2015.

lostchild

I'd point out, I was going back looking at all the recent Barca transferees and all the players had at least a 5% boost on their pass completion ratio when they moved to Barca. So if Gundogan followed trend he would go above 90%. But I certainly think we shouldn't waste money on someone who more than likely won't be better than what Sergi will hopefully become.

Fabregas' stats from his last season in Arsenal -

22 apps, 3 goals, 11 assists 80.5 % pass completion

i agree with you about the pass precent "boost", because we play (or at least used to :tata1:) a game based on many passes
however
i was actually interested more about the value of assists and goals.
with a forward like Lewandowski i would expect a bit more than just 3 in 26 games.

but who knows

anyways i also agree with you about buying him. i would like to see Sergi Roberto given more chances for a longer time period first. and then.. we'll see.

lostchild

There's a lot of hoping and speculating in your comment. I only see the present and the present tells me that a) Gündogan is one of the best central midfielders in the world, at age 23 and b) Roberto doesn't seem to have enough potential to become one of them. Of course I could be wrong but in all honesty, Roberto is hardly more than a year younger than Gündogan and we still see him as a talent, while Gündogan has been playing at a world class level for almost 2 years now. As I said, Thiago is more talented than Sergi and was always regarded as Xavi's heir and a future special player similar to the likes of Iniesta, yet he doesn't come close to Gündogan at the moment.

All things considered, the risk of letting Gündogan go to another club and trust Sergi, who may or may not succeed, with the most important position in our squad is much higher than the risk of signing a potential replacement for Xavi for years to come whose contract runs out in 2015.

if only tata realised that FABREGAS IS NOT A FORWARD, maybe we could try him (or even Iniesta) as the next player to play our "xavi" role.
for some reason he rarely does, and even when he does he wanders around the strikers too much imo.

i would love to see him stick to the center like Xavi. for a whole game.. and for a couple of them aswell.

honestly when we got him back, i was so happy to see that we are thinking about our future "xavi" role replacement
but then
this whole crazy fantazy of him as a forward began and just showed his lack of pace/quickness. which is really crucial for our "9"/messi role but really not that bad if he plays a CM.

DinhoR10

We aren't going to get Gundogan until the summer if at anytime at all, so at this point theres no harm in letting Sergi do his thing for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans