Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
We need to thank our hugely incompetent leadership for ruining the club despite Laporta leaving the club in a very favorable position for his successor.

Basically the only thing worth of note in terms of actual triumphs that this current leadership can "boost" about is the La Liga title that the team won during the 2012-2013 season. The success in the 2010-2011 season was the work and legacy of Laporta and his team.

I am shocked about how much they have ruined this club and how pathetic they have been on the transfer market. Our main rival, Real Madrid, has been far, far better on this front for years and it shows now.

Its mind-blowing that the club did not pursue neither Isco nor Kroos while we needed both.

Their best gift is FIFA's upcoming transfer ban that could possibly have fatal consequences for our immediate future.

In short "job" well done. Florentino is probably laughing all the way back to the trophy cabinet.

The ban is not solely upon Rossell itself. Laporta has to be blamed a lot for it. You know this right..??

Leo_Messi

The ban is not solely upon Rossell itself. Laporta has to be blamed a lot for it. You know this right..??

No. If Laporta committed errors in the past on this field those errors should have been corrected by now. It's been 4.5 years since he left the club. How is this Laporta's fault? The answer is that it is not. The miserable board is to blame. Nobody else.

Last edited:

Bertus

Was it not according to "sources" that suarez's ban would be lifted or at least partly lifted? In the end it was upheld.

This time "sources" say there's no hope, so as usual I'll just wait instead of listening to unknow sources.

My personal feeling is that it would be great if it was reduced to only one transfer window (this winter window).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If this board actually tried to recitify the mistakes or tried to cover it up some way when FIFA told them about this before handing out the ban then we would have been all good.

Instead Sandro Rosell wrote a letter to FIFA saying that we are a big club and should get an exemption from the rule.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Was it not according to "sources" that suarez's ban would be lifted or at least partly lifted? In the end it was upheld.

This time "sources" say there's no hope, so as usual I'll just wait instead of listening to unknow sources.

My personal feeling is that it would be great if it was reduced to only one transfer window (this winter window).

There are speculations all the time from dubious sources.

In fact according to RAC-1 and the host of the program "La Ronda" (Albert Lesán) the club is not hopeful of a reduction of FIFA's transfer ban and he even claimed that the club would take this matter to the IOC (lol).

Another Spanish journalist that is a frequent guest of that program (Alfredo Martínez) claims that RM has advanced talks with Reus but that nothing is certain yet. He also claims that in case FCB will be allowed to buy players this upcoming summer then Reus would prefer to go to FCB rather than RM. Also Lesán claims that the club wants Reus as a substitute for Don Andrés rather than a solution at the "wings".

According to them the club is also looking at Gündogan and they claim that Koke (almost written off due to the high buyout clause - Atlético won't sell him otherwise) will be extremely difficult to get.

I am occasionally listening in as well but from my experience those journalists like to tell fairytales more often than not.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

You do realize that most of the players mentioned has joined in Rosell era,right? you do realize they had 4 years chance to correct things and didn't,right?

Regarding Suarez, his ban was indeed softened: he got the right to train with the team, etc, which was originally a no-no
From the way the club is handling things atm, there seems to be no chance of a ban reduction now

Egert

Estonian Culé
So the big week is almost here, the decision is going to happen soon. Fingers crossed, but I ain't hoping for anything good. It would be such a miracle.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So the big week is almost here, the decision is going to happen soon. Fingers crossed, but I ain't hoping for anything good. It would be such a miracle.

Nah, the ban will be upheld, we all know that. No expectation = lower disappointment.

Galning

That's because the Suarez ban was ridiculous. You can't deny him from working = training, let alone ban him from every activity related to football. It was just over the top so it was rightly reduced.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's because the Suarez ban was ridiculous. You can't deny him from working = training, let alone ban him from every activity related to football. It was just over the top so it was rightly reduced.

That was against basic rights so that was always gonna get overturned, The suspension itself however stayed the same. Don't have any hopes of this getting overturned or shortened. Would be a pleasant surprise if it does and IF it happens then that should really kickstart the campaign to throw these people out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans