Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Okay so I know it's goal but they are reporting some interesting rumors: apparently Laporta has sounded out Pep about returning as the sporting director and prefers to have an ex Barça player as the new head coach with both Xavi and Puyol pursuing their coaching badges.

Puyol as Head Coach, Xavi as assistant/tactical coach. Pep as sporting director, overseeing the entire project from the Cadet B to the 1st team.

If Laporta pulls this off, he is an absolute god. Most surprising thing is Pep is supposedly open to it. Seems he well and truly does not enjoy the spotlight and this sort of role would see him take a back seat role. Interesting, lemme know if anyone disproves this.

Txiki Begiristain offered Pep the 'youth team coordinator role' in 2007 but he turned it down because he wanted to be a coach and instead took over Barca B. Doubt he would leave Bayern (at least not for now) and wouldn't make a good sporting director anyway.

Alik

Okay so I know it's goal but they are reporting some interesting rumors: apparently Laporta has sounded out Pep about returning as the sporting director and prefers to have an ex Barça player as the new head coach with both Xavi and Puyol pursuing their coaching badges.

Puyol as Head Coach, Xavi as assistant/tactical coach. Pep as sporting director, overseeing the entire project from the Cadet B to the 1st team.

If Laporta pulls this off, he is an absolute god. Most surprising thing is Pep is supposedly open to it. Seems he well and truly does not enjoy the spotlight and this sort of role would see him take a back seat role. Interesting, lemme know if anyone disproves this.

Txiki Begiristain offered Pep the 'youth team coordinator role' in 2007 but he turned it down because he wanted to be a coach and instead took over Barca B. Doubt he would leave Bayern (at least not for now) and wouldn't make a good sporting director anyway.

Yeah, I don't think this would work out well at all.

There's nothing to suggest Xavi/Puyol have what it takes to bring us back to our winning ways. And Pep hasn't exactly shown the qualities of a good sporting director.

Bertus

As said many times, why would Pep come back. It's not as if he has any debt towards Barcelona.

Let him pursue his goals. If he wants to come back, then he will, but for now he's gone, so stop fantasizing.

khaled_a_d

Puyol as Manager and Pep as sports director would be disaster..

I don't know if Puyol is gonna be a good manager or not but he said many times he isn't interested in being a coach
Pep being a sport director is also bad ,a coach of high profile like him turning to Sporting director will probably end bad ,Nevermind his own gr8 signing as a coach won't that good .Chygrynskiy & Ibra .those 2 was on him not Txiki

klc123

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
How is rakitic not good enough?
Did you want any of the Croatia games in the World Cup?

And I find it hard to take anyone seriously who says Iniesta isn't good enough to start. In 3 years time we shouldn't be starting messi either right? Ok.

Rakitici is NOT good enough, and in the WC he actually sucked even more than playing for us. Some say it was because he was played on DM instead of CM or AM, I say because he is average at best.
And Iniesta has been way way way below his 2009-2012 form, he offers almost nothing - tactics? Maybe. But still, small flicks and sideways passes, not gelling with the rest of the players, doesn't go forward at all, almost no assists this season (or is he actually on 0 assists). We usually say about Iniesta that stats doesn't matter, I agree with them, but his overall play the last 2 season has ben very very very unsatisfactory.

SeloBarca

Rakitic cracks against better teams. Put some preassure on him and he can do nothing with the ball and dissapears from the game. He needs loads of time to do his stuff.
Hes been very good agaisnt bad teams, but really bad against better ones. Very incosistant. There are better players out there to replace Iniesta and Xavi.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Rakitic cracks against better teams. Put some preassure on him and he can do nothing with the ball and dissapears from the game. He needs loads of time to do his stuff.
Hes been very good agaisnt bad teams, but really bad against better ones. Very incosistant. There are better players out there to replace Iniesta and Xavi.

ok but since we are *stuck* with him why not modify the play style a bit to suit him more and add more directness to our game.

klc123

Rakitic sucked in the World Cup? Wow, you need to learn to understand football more.

Because going forward as a midfielder is the only productive use of the ball. Some of you guys literally have the most immature and fundamentally basic understanding of football.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Former Barcelona player and youth coach Oscar Garcia (41) has been offered to become new sports director. Should answer in next days. [md]

lol MD. Stupid rumour. They know barto and garcia met so they assumed he is being considered for sports director which might be true but who in the bright mind would consider that offer when he can coach a team still. I think Garcia might be our interim coach if we sack lucho.

onzeXI

I think Goal is the operative word. They're just looking at hashtags on twitter.

mssarm

Former Barcelona player and youth coach Oscar Garcia (41) has been offered to become new sports director. Should answer in next days. [md]

lol MD. Stupid rumour. They know barto and garcia met so they assumed he is being considered for sports director which might be true but who in the bright mind would consider that offer when he can coach a team still. I think Garcia might be our interim coach if we sack lucho.

I don't think they are planing to sack Lucho, unless he is insisting on his ultimatum with Messi , which is obviously not the case based on his press conference. Regarding Pep being the sport director- the article says that Laporta is thinking about bringing Pep as sporting director. I'm sure Pep probably is not even aware of that . People just forget that Laporta wasn't an angel and was prominent master of BS. Can't wait until Barto leaves but I have my doubts about Laporta.

Last edited:

Ritchie

Barca need a top class manager in the summer who can sort the squad out with a view to a top signing or two in January and then spend big in the summer on a top midfielder and a defender or two.

Stop appointing these novice coaches who aren't up to the pressure of the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans