Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanela

Thats all nice and dandy. But the club first needs a capable SD, one who can sell such an arrangement to any potential targets.

Zebulun

Means we can have preagreements for players.

My thing is just like Zanela said, we dont have a capable Sporting Director to sell this club at the moment to players, to make them willing to wait till 2016. Also with Lads like florentino, Nasser and Abramavich, they'll just wave a quadruple salary of what they were potentially offered and ability to play now and poof our pre-agreement "could" go up in smoke.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Thats all nice and dandy. But the club first needs a capable SD, one who can sell such an arrangement to any potential targets.

Well obviously we need a good sporting director, maybe the new board will get mochi who knows? But if we are in some emergency case like alves leaves and montoya sucks and douglas continues to be douglas, we should strike a pre deal with some right back to bring in for January preferably from a non CL team. Other than that we won't need those pre deals anyway, it is not like we want some one badly and he is ready to move next summer right?..... unless you want us to buy reus which would be a total waste imo.

Barcelona sources confirm the club can sign players, but these can only play in 2016. They can train, or stay on loan at current club. [ara]

Last edited:

Bertus

Leaving them at their current clubs is the only possibility of loan, so I just pointed it out. Loans to any other club is not possible.
We learn nothing, really.

It was a possibility from the start that Barca could have agreements with other clubs. You don't need to sign any contracts. Even verbal agreements with clubs, agents, players do the trick.

Gonna wait about MD. What's their source?

The sol new thing is that "we could buy them in summer". But as I said, we could have agreements with agents, players clubs, and pay in january. Dunno why people seem surprised.

The ban was not about banning the board from talking to anyone till january 2016.

Example: Lewandowski.

Had a verbal agreement for MONTHS or even a whole year with bayern till Dortmund let him go.

zanela

Well obviously we need a good sporting director, maybe the new board will get mochi who knows? But if we are in some emergency case like alves leaves and montoya sucks and douglas continues to be douglas, we should strike a pre deal with some right back to bring in for January preferably from a non CL team. Other than that we won't need those pre deals anyway, it is not like we want some one badly and he is ready to move next summer right?..... unless you want us to buy reus which would be a total waste imo.

I can actually think of two players who will prove to be smart acquisitions for Jan if the club pursued and successfully effectuated such a deal, however unlikely. Waiting for elections (rumoured in Jan/july) will see Barca lose out to their competitors for deals can be made well in advance. So appointing a sporting director, and laying the groundwork for such deals is imperative given the situation Barca finds itself in.

The 2 players I speak of: Danilo and Gündoğan (both of whose curr. contract expires the summer '16)

Reus won't be a waste. But whatever.

Bertus

I can actually think of two players who will prove to be smart acquisitions for Jan if the club pursued and successfully effectuated such a deal, however unlikely. Waiting for elections (rumoured in Jan/july) will see Barca lose out to their competitors for deals can be made well in advance. So appointing a sporting director, and laying the groundwork for such deals is imperative given the situation Barca finds itself in.

The 2 players I speak of: Danilo and Gündoğan (both of whose curr. contract expires the summer '16)

Verratti and Marquinhos can be awesome deals too. Especially if they want to leave PSG since it's a sinking ship atm.

Icarium

Lifestealer

Yes it is completely probable that we may lose out on Gundagan and Danilo if we don't act soon because of their contract situation. There will still be some good players whose contract does not end in summer 16 right? As Bertus said Verrati and Marquinhos are good players too. Honestly though i don't want barca to go after gundagan it might just be another disaster waiting to happen, he only played 3 matches in the entire 2013/14 season for bvb. I think he is fit now? if he can manage an injury less season then he might be a good option.

And reus will be a waste as in we don't need him...

Bertus

Yes it is completely probable that we may lose out on Gundagan and Danilo if we don't act soon because of their contract situation. There will still be some good players whose contract does not end in summer 16 right? As Bertus said Verrati and Marquinhos are good players too. Honestly though i don't want barca to go after gundagan it might just be another disaster waiting to happen, he only played 3 matches in the entire 2013/14 season for bvb. I think he is fit now? if he can manage an injury less season then he might be a good option.

And reus will be a waste as in we don't need him...
If Barca can either go for Gundogan or Verratti, I would prefer Verratti.

Verratti is almost never injured and is improving every seasons.

He just tends to get lots of yellows, but really it's down to the coach being good or not. Under Carlo, he was much more calm than he is now.

F

Flavia

We learn nothing, really.

It was a possibility from the start that Barca could have agreements with other clubs. You don't need to sign any contracts. Even verbal agreements with clubs, agents, players do the trick.

Gonna wait about MD. What's their source?

The sol new thing is that "we could buy them in summer". But as I said, we could have agreements with agents, players clubs, and pay in january. Dunno why people seem surprised.

The ban was not about banning the board from talking to anyone till january 2016.

Example: Lewandowski.

Had a verbal agreement for MONTHS or even a whole year with bayern till Dortmund let him go.

The news is about actual agreements, not just verbal. Actually buying players. I hadn't paid attention to that being possible. The things is this is difficult to pull off.

Bertus

The news is about actual agreements, not just verbal. Actually buying players. I hadn't paid attention to that being possible. The things is this is difficult to pull off.
It's not as difficult if the player really wants to join Barcelona.

All big clubs wanted Lewa. Yet he had a verbal agreement and kept his words.

Don't tell me only Lewa is a not a liar. If Barca has a verbal agreement with Reus, I don't see him changing his mind.

That said, can you tell us what's MD's sources? Ty.

zanela

A superstar signed for big money and flunks = disaster. For what Gündoğan will potentially cost, hardly disaster. Buying him doesn't preclude the signing of Verratti in the future either, who will cost a bomb no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans