Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No. Raiola.

same agent as Zlatan.

Is he the rat DonAK was alluding? I saw rat and automatically thought of Mendes.

Yep. Mendes is the clever SOB. Raiola is the rat.

Can chelsea sign pogba considering the ffp and all? Chelsea will be very much interested in him.

Chelsea have done an excellent job in the transfer windows lately. Particulary the David Luiz sale stands out(More due to PSG's stupidity). I think they are able to splash out 60m-80m euros on Pogba in the future if they don't go for any ega money transfers without selling before and keep doing good business like lately.

Last edited:

zanela

Since he came back this season Gundogan hasn't been the amazing Gundogan we saw prior to his back injury, only showing spurts of excellence.

I am not sure if he would be a good buy at all.

He's been slowly working his way back in to the side. Don't know what people expect from someone who's only returned few months ago.

Well we signed Vermaelen for very low amount. He is not a disaster now? In case of barca or any other big club buying a superstar for huge amount who turned out be not so good is not a disaster, if it is just money he will earn you a lot more. Will madrid care if james turned out be a bad player in the end. I don't think so because they have a huge chance of recovering every penny spent on him. A disaster would be when we sign a good player considering him to be key part of our plans and he never makes a debut. That would be a total disaster imo. We will sign Verratti only if he is affordable anyway, rarely you see clubs breaking their bank for midfielders.

Good luck with signing Verrattis, Pogbas and Kokes for affordable prices. If Barca's looking to fill a void in MF (which is a significant one), they 'll 've to pay up big for assets comprising youth and experience, or they'll 've to settle for the relatively lesser. Which is why Gündoğan's Barca profile, and the finances involved in a likely transfer, makes it a low-risk affair. Furthermore, it doesn't prevent Barca from exploring other MF options. A 29y.o persistently injured, still injured, Vermaelen signing is not comparable.
As for the madridista reasoning, James turning out bad, will prove a poor deal eventually. For commercial aspects alone can't recuperate all the initial finances invested, whilst his resale value also plummets. The Zlatan affair was a disaster, so will in most cases Suarez if he fails.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Good luck with signing Verrattis, Pogbas and Kokes for affordable prices. If Barca's looking to fill a void in MF (which is a significant one), they 'll 've to pay up big for assets comprising youth and experience, or they'll 've to settle for the relatively lesser. Which is why Gündoğan's Barca profile, and the finances involved in a likely transfer, makes it a low-risk affair. Furthermore, it doesn't prevent Barca from exploring other MF options. A 29y.o persistently injured, still injured, Vermaelen signing is not comparable.
As for the madridista reasoning, James turning out bad, will prove a poor deal eventually. For commercial aspects alone can't recuperate all the initial finances invested, whilst his resale value also plummets. The Zlatan affair was a disaster, so will in most cases Suarez if he fails.

OKAY... I am just saying if we have a choice between verrati/Koke to Gundagon then i would probably go with verrati/koke even though it means shelling some millions. If you are saying we should sign gundagon and look for another CM too then sure but that means giving up on rafinha and denis and possibly halilovic. We will not sign 2 midfielders in a season, we will sign only 1 CM and i don't want it be gundagan unless he manages to stay away from big injuries and get back to his best.

Yes james turning out be bad is a bad deal just like kaka. But at least you have a superstar in your team, if it is anything like vermaelen it will just be paying salary for just sitting idle and he won't even bring some income to the club if he is not a superstar. Not saying we should just go for superstars that is bad for football purposes, we should look for good players who fit the team and who are also not made of glass.

Bertus

James turning out bad, will prove a poor deal eventually.
Now see James scoring the winning goal in CL final /zanela's curse

i-sorry-cat-random-22196648-249-202.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
James will come good. He is a top, top talent. The fee was OTT as you'd expect, but he's a good buy by RM IMO. They just need to show some patience with him which I'm sure they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans