Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

It is though, I agree he would not get away with being a CB at many other clubs but the way Barca play he is covering all the time for the other players.

Just go back 100 pages on here as I just did and everyone is gushing over him and many saying he has been the best signing since Alves, some even calling him best defender in world.

Even you yourself posted stats showing how much more balls he recovers compared to any other player in the team.

The coach this season does have options, so did Pep, so did Tito and Masch was one of the first names down every week and justifiably so.

Having said all that I do agree Barta has been better than him this season - albeit not playing against the better teams but Bartra/Pique doesnt seem to be favoured as neither read the game like Masch .. at his best and they are too similar and neither leaders.
I don't hate masch. He is a great player being played in the wrong position here. If he could grow some inches and develop a cb positioning awareness he would probably be one of the best cbs in the world. I'd still like to see him being played as dm again, alongside busquets. He'd be great playing in front of the cbs. That doesn't change the fact he is not a cb, and that Barca need to address this problem.

JamDav1982

I don't hate masch. He is a great player being played in the wrong position here. If he could grow some inches and develop a cb positioning awareness he would probably be one of the best cbs in the world. I'd still like to see him being played as dm again, alongside busquets. He'd be great playing in front of the cbs. That doesn't change the fact he is not a cb, and that Barca need to address this problem.

I have seen him live 5 times against Atletico, Real, Villareal and Bilbao and the only time he has not been one of the 2/3 best players on the park was when he played DM against Bilbao. He was a good drop below the other midfielders.

F

Flavia

He cannot play lone dm, but I'd like to see if he would work in a double pivot.

F

Flavia

Would probably be the best to leave out a midfielder like Inista or Xavi. Most preferably Xavi as he has a cronic injury,

Yes. It would be a more defensive formation, that could be useful in away games. Even if it was to secure a lead.

serghei

Yes. It would be a more defensive formation, that could be useful in away games. Even if it was to secure a lead.

Song occupies that position for the moment. So, it's either 1) we buy 2 CBs, sell Song and play Masche in Song's position or 2) We keep Song, buy 1 CB and play Mascherano less but still in defense. No. 2 is more likely.

lostchild

or
we can let him play the same way as a CB and give some amazing performances like he always did
and then everyone will go "omg he's our best defender, he intercepts so well and an amazing reader of the game, should be the first name in the 11" like they always do.

ok.. he's small.. Cannavaro was small aswell, and many other great CB's. ok.. Masch started as a DM.. so what? i rarely see awful games of him. and even when he's so "out of form" as you all claim.. he still plays better then both Pique and Puyol atm and usually contributes a lot.. mainly intercepting counter attacks before they even begin to exist.

would be clever to just work our defense line on defending set pieces a lot more.. Busquets could replace Masch in terms of height in these cases.

if anything
i would really start searching for a promising young CB to replace Pique.. because he moves like he's already 35. which is kinda scary.

Maria

Masch plays, whether at his original or his current position. Sack Tata, the next coach will play him, too. And not at DM.

I really don't understand why there are all these complaints about Masch, who has not been bad. Why is almost no one is complaining about Pinto? Lots of keepers would have stopped that second goal yesterday, that was not a very good shot.

You ask a question at which you already answered in one on your previous posts:
All coaches play Masch a lot, they love him. You (everyone on this forum) do not understand football as well as these Liverpool, Argentina and Barca coaches do. There is only one player who has beaten out Masch for a starting position in the last several years, and that is Busquets. Whichever new CB joins Barca had better be ready for a lot of bench time watching Masch play. I think that is the real reason why the likes of Thiago Silva, David Luiz and Marquinos signed/re-signed with lessor teams.

Zuess99

Masch is the type of defender(well technically not) that would be great if he had some great "Kompany". Someone to to handle overhead balls , great work ethic and strong enough to hold ppl off. Pique just doesn't provide that. But I still don't think he belongs there and think cesc and him are really misunderstood.

lostchild

Masch is the type of defender(well technically not) that would be great if he had some great "Kompany". Someone to to handle overhead balls , great work ethic and strong enough to hold ppl off. Pique just doesn't provide that. But I still don't think he belongs there and think cesc and him are really misunderstood.

he's actually strong enough
but besides that - i really believe Bartra can grow to be this player.

again
would be nice to have a new promising strong tall young CB as a sub.. to let him grow with Masch and Batra..

Egert

Estonian Culé
Agger hasnt been in Liverpool´s starting XI for last 2-4 games now. I see us buying him in January.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bartomeu (sports vice president): "We have a balanced team. If no player suffers a long-term injury, we won't sign anyone in January." [tv3]

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans