Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

coura

Banned
Scolari is shit in clubs. Go away.
Verthongen is the best choice: not cup tied, fast, speed, technique, great header, skillfull but not kamikaze like Luiz.

Trickykid

no way we're selling Agger to you guys. he's our vice captain and he had a chance to move last summer he rejected.
vertoghen is more of a choice.

The situation has changed, though. Back then noone would've thought he'd be relegated to the bench. I have no doubt in my mind that he'd jump at the chance, if we come calling this winter. If Rodgers could get another reserve cb, I doubt he'd be terribly opposed to the transfer either.

Barcilliant

Agger at Barca? Don't we have enough injury prone players? Adding a glass player like Agger is stupid. Forget it.

Also this board is NOT going to buy anyone in January. They don't care about FC Barcelona the football club. They care about FC Barcelona-the business. Messi's outburst has left no one in doubt. Look for an exit in either the round of 16 or QF in the CL. In the league I don't think we'll go the distance either.

Rosell and Co will then use Tata as a scapegoat and say he had the 'best team in the world' but wasn't good enough.

Trickykid

Agger at Barca? Don't we have enough injury prone players? Adding a glass player like Agger is stupid. Forget it.

Also this board is NOT going to buy anyone in January. They don't care about FC Barcelona the football club. They care about FC Barcelona-the business. Messi's outburst has left no one in doubt. Look for an exit in either the round of 16 or QF in the CL. In the league I don't think we'll go the distance either.

Rosell and Co will then use Tata as a scapegoat and say he had the 'best team in the world' but wasn't good enough.

This has nothing to do with Agger being injury prone or not - it's about him being a quality player. He's everything but average. Had it not been for the fact that he's had such horrible luck with injuries during his career, there's no doubt in my mind that he would've been amongst the very best of the current crop of cbs in the world right now.

Also, now that you've just lectured us all on the fact that we're not going to sign anyone this winter, I guess the thread might as well close down till it's summer again. So, yeah, nothing to see here folks, show's over!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bartomeu (vice president): "Successor Valdes? We'll only sign one goalkeeper. We believe in our players - Pinto, Oier, Masip, Ortola." [tv3]

Better be Ter Stegen, not Reina. But we all know Zubi too well. ;)

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Isn't Ter Stegen supposed to have press conference this week where he will talk about his future.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Still, signing just one goalkeeper is crazy. What if Ter Stegen is injured? Pinto is simply not good enough. Is Oier or Masip good enough to play backup?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
All signs point toward ter Stegen. Barca have said he's an option, everyone at Monchengladbach has pretty much accepted that he's leaving, and the timing is perfect. There's no way we can actually "expect" Reina to end up being our transfer, if he was it would be an idiotic blindside. If things go rationally, then we have our goalkeeper spot set for a long time.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Still, signing just one goalkeeper is crazy. What if Ter Stegen is injured? Pinto is simply not good enough. Is Oier or Masip good enough to play backup?

Oier is trash. Masip is the direct next-in-line to take the Pinto role, but Ortola would be the best of all as a backup keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans