Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Probably because he plays for Basel and as such is very under the radar. He seems a great talent though. Would be cheap too.

That must be it. Man, I miss the days when we made bargains for players like Gio Van Bronckhorst, Sylvinho, Yaya, etc. instead of all these marquee signings.

JamDav1982

That must be it. Man, I miss the days when we made bargains for players like Gio Van Bronckhorst, Sylvinho, Yaya, etc. instead of all these marquee signings.

Different times these days though.

So many teams with money and better scouting who are trying to copy the way Barca play. They are after the same type of players.

Also it was a marquee signing that kicked off the Barca revival.

G

Gasgas

That is why we should focus on buying excellent young talents especially in the positions we are lacking in so that we have the future prepared every single time.
Too bad we buy only attacking midfielders :smh:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Different times these days though.

So many teams with money and better scouting who are trying to copy the way Barca play. They are after the same type of players.

Also it was a marquee signing that kicked off the Barca revival.

I know, it's a lot harder these days. It's risky and all, but it just feels that more satisfying when you know your club has found a hidden gem.

It sounds like I'm hating them, but I'm not actually. I just want to see some variation.

Bertus

So like I said: Buy a few marquee signings, but invest smartly in some talented, albeit lesser known, players as well.

Most supposed smart signings end up being average players in the end tho.

How many "verratti" did happen?

PSG bought him 11-12M IIRC, and now only god knows how much he does worth.

People complain that Pogba worths supposedly 100M but no one knows how much PSG would ask since Verratti - as opposed to Pogba - is not for sale.

In the end, Marquee signings are smart signings when you really need to replace some players like Xavi or even Inesta soon enough.

Smart signings of lesser know players are a gamble that you should avoid unless you're really really really sure that it will turn out great.

For example, I still think that Suarez was a good signing in the end despite what I said about my fears that he might bite someone again. I would not swap him with any "lesser know" players even if it would cost only 1/3 of what barca paid for suarez.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I know, it's a lot harder these days. It's risky and all, but it just feels that more satisfying when you know your club has found a hidden gem.

It sounds like I'm hating them, but I'm not actually. I just want to see some variation.

Barca tried that and wasted close to 80m on players that barely played double digit figured games between them.

It seems a deliberate policy not to take a chance on young 'hidden gems' as they want to leave the path clearer for B team players rather than taking a gamble.

I

instinct

“It is important to remember Barça currently cannot sign players. But anyway, I'd be happy to play for a club like Barça.”

Edit: Danilo said this

Egert

Estonian Culé
2016 January

MaTS
Danilo-Pique-Bartra-Alba
Rafa-Busi-Raki
Leo-Suarez-Ney

Still would need a CB and CM in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans