Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Paid more money for young South American players that were no where near good enough and barely played a game between them.

You remember them?

That's not worse than having a transfer ban incoming, and you sign douglas and vermaelen. Alves and the rb spot for next season are a problem because of that. And it's 2015, and Masch is still playing cb.

JamDav1982

He was traveling too often with the 1st team, to be doing his job properly. MAtS was his only good addition, but he was a gk, so that wasn't hard.

Not saying Ter Stegen as an example of a good signing but an example of a player who actually praised the work Zubi put in to sign him.

How often was he with the first team when should have been elsewhere?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Masch is a decent cb. The only problem is his height but if we defend in a certain way to avoid crossed that can be avoided.

JamDav1982

That's not worse than having a transfer ban incoming, and you sign douglas and vermaelen. Alves and the rb spot for next season are a problem because of that. And it's 2015, and Masch is still playing cb.

They are worse signings individually in terms of quality of players brought in and money wasted.

Remains to be seen how much of an issue the RB/CB problem is this season.

Lets see what happens this season to see if they got the balance right with summer transfers.

JamDav1982

When it takes you 4 years to bring in these kind of players , I really dont care how hard you worked.

Barca needed more depth in CB for years and wasted close to 60m on players that played maybe 5/6 games between them.

Up until last couple of seasons Barca have had Pique/Masch/Puyol/Abidal as CB options so not been years of poor CBs at all.

Even now Barca have a good defensive record. So lets see what happens.

F

Flavia

They are worse signings individually in terms of quality of players brought in and money wasted.

Remains to be seen how much of an issue the RB/CB problem is this season.

Lets see what happens this season to see if they got the balance right with summer transfers.

Summer transfers? We won't be getting any players. douglas was a big joke, so was vermaelen and song. They are on zubi. He did good with MAtS, but he screwed up more than got things right.
He wasn't involved in scouting or anything to the best transfers of rosell-barto era.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Barca needed more depth in CB for years and wasted close to 60m on players that played maybe 5/6 games between them.

Up until last couple of seasons Barca have had Pique/Masch/Puyol/Abidal as CB options so not been years of poor CBs at all.

Even now Barca have a good defensive record. So lets see what happens.

Out of those players you mentioned only 2 are real Cb's , and Abidal didnt play for us since 2012 , but as you said lets see what happens.

JamDav1982

Summer transfers? We won't be getting any players. douglas was a big joke, so was vermaelen and song. They are on zubi. He did good with MAtS, but he screwed up more than got things right.
He wasn't involved in scouting or anything to the best transfers of rosell-barto era.

Meant last summers transfers.

I am not trying to praise every move they made last summer anyway as a lot of it I didnt agree with.

It seemed they looked for a RB and couldnt find one they wanted when Cuadrado priced too high and decided to stay with Alves rather than over pay on a gamble.

Not a desperate situation that a RB absolutely had to be signed.

Song was misguided transfer and if you want to revisit that thread you will see may saying all those things that came true about him at the time.

But there have been worse signings in the past than Song, Verm and Douglas in my opinion.

F

Flavia

Meant last summers transfers.

I am not trying to praise every move they made last summer anyway as a lot of it I didnt agree with.

It seemed they looked for a RB and couldnt find one they wanted when Cuadrado priced too high and decided to stay with Alves rather than over pay on a gamble.

Not a desperate situation that a RB absolutely had to be signed.

Song was misguided transfer and if you want to revisit that thread you will see may saying all those things that came true about him at the time.

But there have been worse signings in the past than Song, Verm and Douglas in my opinion.

I'm not talking about rosell or bartomeu. Only zubi. His scouting work gave us douglas, and his stupidity insisted on signing vermaelen, even after the medical team said "don't do it, he's injured". Song also came from his brilliant scouting.

This excuse you wrote ("It seemed they looked for a RB and couldnt find one they wanted when Cuadrado priced too high and decided to stay with Alves rather than over pay on a gamble") is pretty much why zubi sucked. They all knew they weren't going to renew alves. So he tried to be smart on a gamble, that will cost a lot more now. Either in the renewal of alves, or in the 1st half of next season, with montoya, adriano and douglas as rb's. Or the whole season, if a suitable rb isn't found for january. That's why he got fired...

He was a crap sporting director, and most of his work was to travel with the team in all the away games. He was always in the pictures, bar one time or another.

JamDav1982

I'm not talking about rosell or bartomeu. Only zubi. His scouting work gave us douglas, and his stupidity insisted on signing vermaelen, even after the medical team said "don't do it, he's injured". Song also came from his brilliant scouting.

This excuse you wrote ("It seemed they looked for a RB and couldnt find one they wanted when Cuadrado priced too high and decided to stay with Alves rather than over pay on a gamble") is pretty much why zubi sucked. They all knew they weren't going to renew alves. So he tried to be smart on a gamble, that will cost more a lot now. Either in the renewal of alves, or in the 1st half of next season, with montoya, adriano and douglas as rb's. That's why he got fired...

He was a crap sporting director, and most of his work was to travel with the team in all the away games. He was always in the pictures, bar one time or another.

Fair enough his scouting network produced some poor sigings but more money has been wasted on poor signings in past and probably will be again in future. It happens.

For the RB situation what do you want the club to do if they dont see a good option?

They never signed Douglas as anything other than a punt on an untried Brazilian player after they couldn sign any other first team level options.

Far too much focus put on the Douglas signing. Its not even that big a deal in scheme of things while if fit Verm could still play a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans