Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanela

All those expecting Pogba's and the Veratti's of this world gonna end up disappointed. I'm keeping my expectations low, something like Rosický and Arteta to fill our Arse quota for next year. :wenger:

LordLichtenstein

A bias and overrating of any younger player is extremely strong in you.
Arsene Wenger would be happy with your ideas, though.

But Barca's trophycabinet wouldn't be too happy. (Or filled with any new trophies)
Due tell, which players am I overrating?

Deulofeu is good enough to be our sub. He has played 754 minutes in LA LIGA this season and has been directly involved with 6 goals. 5 Assists and 1 goals. He has a better assist ratio than all of our attackers excl. Suárez.

Grimaldo, sure, you can say he is "overrated", but have you been following Barca B this season? He is doing extremely well. In my opinion, if he doesn't get promoted this summer, I think he should leave and joing another team (going the Carvajal route) I think he is ready to be a sub for Alba.

Bellerín, much like Fábregas, is the "lost son", he was smart to leave, because he knew he would never be given the chance at Barcelona like he has for Arsenal. He will be ready to take up the mantel for Alves in the future. I am sure of it.

Dybala I don't need to defend, do I?

Thiago, In 2016, Guardiola will most likely leave Bayern München, if he doesn't this summer, and what reasons would Thiago have left to stay? He will have 12 months left on his contract, a wish to be a regular at Barca and to star along side his brother.

In the summer of 2016, Iniesta will have turned 32. We all saw it last year and now this year. Iniesta is declining fast. That is why we "need" D. Suárez, or at least I think he should be given the chance. In 2016-17 Iniesta should take on the same role Xavi has this season.

While Tello might not be good enough for Barca, I still think we should give him another chance, because he gives us another option. Also, it is not like we have anything to lose by having him in our 2016-17 squard. We would still have; Messi, Neymar, Suárez, Deulofeu and Dybala.

Again, do I need to defend Samper, Laporte or Marquinhos?

2016-17 squad

image.png

Bertus

I said we were interested and going after him, I didn't deny that
But I don't think we were all summer for him ,and tbh after Suarez signing I highly doubt we were really chasing him ,Bravo/MATS/Rakitic/Suarez were all signed .we didn't have money to make a signing for either Marquinhos or Cuadrado whom both rumored that we were interested (along Benatia ) ,the way that summer transfer ended I think any rumors after the Suarez signing was either a bit old (i.e prior to Suarez signing) or just fed by the club to make it look they are pushing hard for top class player
IMO Vermaelen & Douglas was signed due to lack of competent Sporting director who has no clue of what he is doing .not due to chasing Marquinhos till August

Believe what you want to believe. We can only rely on what was reported, and till they signed Vermi medias from both sides of the pyrénées said Barca was all over Marquinhos.

Hell, Blanc and Nasser even had a meet up with Al Thani to settle what to do about it.

And French medias like Le_Parisien and L'Equipe don't lie. If they reported enormous offers, then it's real, Barca did it.

And as I said for those still having doubts, Marquinhos is an honest dude and never evades questions, and he confirmed it, Barca wanted him last summer.

And people tend to forget that "marquinhos twitter" story. It was not a hack, at some point marquinhos really thought he would be a Barca player before the end of summer 2014.

Le_Parisien
even reported that he thought about boycotting training to force a transfer, but in the end, he didn't do it.

Dig in the Marquinhos thread, I posted all the news.

Courtois was on loan from Chelsea so yeah... I prefer TER STEGEN anyway, looks way cooler :cool:

BS arguments. I don't care if MAtS looks cool. Plenty GKs suck but look cool.

If I had the choice, I would have chosen Courtois. But it was not an option. He was a chelsea player.

What I am disappointed about is that it was Chelsea that scouted him when he was young. Contrary to many people (?) here, I'm not impressed by current Barca scouts.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
All those expecting Pogba's and the Veratti's of this world gonna end up disappointed. I'm keeping my expectations low, something like Rosický and Arteta to fill our Arse quota for next year. :wenger:

If we buy any one from arsenal it has be Ramsey, he looks awesome.

Seriously though our board will try for either of Pogba, Koke or Verratti. Getting them might be hard but we will try. There is no other CM right now who is young and already a star. Isco is there, but ob real will not sell him. Thiago is a lost case anyway.

So now that Real snapped up danilo shall we start fabinho hype train?

L

linetty

Ramsey and awesome don't really go together... One player I'd maybe reconsider from Arsenal is Koscielny

Icarium

Lifestealer
Deulofeu, Denis Suarez, Sandro, Adama, Tello, Munir mostly won't make it barca. Adama still has time to make it. Same goes for munir.

Bertus

If we buy any one from arsenal it has be Ramsey, he looks awesome.

Seriously though our board will try for either of Pogba, Koke or Verratti. Getting them might be hard but we will try. There is no other CM right now who is young and already a star. Isco is there, but ob real will not sell him. Thiago is a lost case anyway.

So now that Real snapped up danilo shall we start fabinho hype train?

zanela is right tho.

People expect too much. We have the transfer ban. And other clubs will not be kind to barca just because it's Barca.

Those stories about buying in summer, registering in winter, etc etc. personally I think it's a huge, huge handicap when you try to sign a young star.

And zanela didn't mean any harm, she just warns you guys to not expect too much because you might end up in anger and disappointment because you didn't look at it from a realistic pov to begin with.

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I'm not sure it's a done deal yet. Danilo is one of their more expensive transfers over the last few years, so I doubt they will settle for just €20m. About his contract running out, Porto will probably make him sign an extension.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Deulofeu, Denis Suarez, Sandro, Adama, Tello, Munir mostly won't make it barca. Adama still has time to make it. Same goes for munir.

Denis Suarez, Munir and Adama has a chance(not saying all three will make it, but all three got a fair chance IMO). Not sure about Sandro. The latter still got time to get a brain and learn something new with big changes due in summer and hopefully better conditions to improve then.

Tello's career at Barca was finished the moment he was loaned out to Porto and Deulofeu unfortunately is giving me nothing but the 'What ifs'.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Now that zanela has worked her jinx magic, we are in a good position for a Pogba transfer :rosell:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Next time we loan players out, Rayo should be the priority. Did wonders for Saul and he got plenty of playing time, unlike Deulofeu and Suárez at Sevilla.

khaled_a_d

Believe what you want to believe. We can only rely on what was reported, and till they signed Vermi medias from both sides of the pyrénées said Barca was all over Marquinhos.

Hell, Blanc and Nasser even had a meet up with Al Thani to settle what to do about it.

And French medias like Le_Parisien and L'Equipe don't lie. If they reported enormous offers, then it's real, Barca did it.

And as I said for those still having doubts, Marquinhos is an honest dude and never evades questions, and he confirmed it, Barca wanted him last summer.

And people tend to forget that "marquinhos twitter" story. It was not a hack, at some point marquinhos really thought he would be a Barca player before the end of summer 2014.

Le_Parisien
even reported that he thought about boycotting training to force a transfer, but in the end, he didn't do it.

Dig in the Marquinhos thread, I posted all the news.

BS arguments. I don't care if MAtS looks cool. Plenty GKs suck but look cool.

If I had the choice, I would have chosen Courtois. But it was not an option. He was a chelsea player.

What I am disappointed about is that it was Chelsea that scouted him when he was young. Contrary to many people (?) here, I'm not impressed by current Barca scouts.

One more time ,I didn't deny that we had interest .again we wanted him and probably made several offers ,but the interest started in May .I don't believe we had that interest in the 2nd half of July ,simple as it is we were already out of money
I followed most of it during the summer and all of the French media ps ,in the end we knew that board and there was no chance that we were paying 45M for CB after the other big transfers .at latest I think we abandoned the idea after the Mathieu deal ,probably even b4 it

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I'm not sure it's a done deal yet. Danilo is one of their more expensive transfers over the last few years, so I doubt they will settle for just €20m. About his contract running out, Porto will probably make him sign an extension.

Ofc not, I would expect him going for more than 40M, just because it's Porto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans