Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

Danilo/Other good RB + Gundogan/Koke + Laporte + Vietto(if Pedro leaves) :worthy:
That's how it should be but we know it won't happen ofc. We would be very lucky to strenghten all positions with the players you mentioned. I hope for Bellerin, Gundogan/Koke and Vietto (with Pedro leaving). But it'll probably only be Pogba for tons of cash.

Icarium

Lifestealer
That's how it should be but we know it won't happen ofc. We would be very lucky to strenghten all positions with the players you mentioned. I hope for Bellerin, Gundogan/Koke and Vietto (with Pedro leaving). But it'll probably only be Pogba for tons of cash.

That is how the board rolls. Pogba for some 70M+ is my guess.

Alen

Danilo/Other good RB + Gundogan/Koke + Laporte + Vietto(if Pedro leaves) :worthy:

Perfect except for Vietto. I like him, he's undeniably a great prospect but he wouldn't be the adequate replacement for Pedro. I would see him as a sub for Suarez, and we have enough of that with Sandro and maybe Mounir. We would need a real winger to replace Pedro, quick player with one on one ability.

BBZ8800

Koke and Laporte will cost more than 100M... We can only get one of them. Laporte is too costly, bilbao will not accept anything less than his release clause. We will buy a defender for 2016-17 season. I can see us buying a midfielder and a forward and maybe a RB for next season.

If Vermaelen will be actually ready to play, we will have 5 defenders for 2 positions.

I mean, even now, with 4 players (Pique, Masch, Mathieu, Bartra), people are whining how Bartresi doesn't play enough.
If Vermaelen will play, then minutes will be divided (even more than today) again between Mathieu, Vermaelen and Bartra.

In this moment, I don't see a need for buying any defender, especially a 50M defender.

Our defense is playing good and we will hopefully have 5 defenders on disposal very soon.
Rb, Mc and a 4th Fc.
This is where we need new players.

If Alves stays, then we need only a Mc and a 4th Fc.
And again, if we will have money for only one player, a Mc is probably more important because we could survive with Msn+Pedro+Deulo, even though I would rather have a 4th Fc.

So, we need 1, 2 or 3 new players.

serghei

And again, if we will have money for only one player, a Mc is probably more important because we could survive with Msn+Pedro+Deulo, even though I would rather have a 4th Fc.

If Alves stays we still need a RB who could seriously compete with him. Montoya and Douglas aren't competition for Alves. A bee would be more dangerous for Alves than those two. We should resign Alves for 2-3 years, and buy a young RB who could be world class by the time Alves is done and could also take away some playing time from Alves even starting with the next season. The only time Alves is not starting these days is when he is injured, rested, or suspended. That speaks a lot about the quality of our right side, which is pretty weak with the exception of Dani.

We need just 2 players. A CM, which should be the absolute priority, and a RB. But we need to buy two potential starters in those spots. We could be talking about 80-100m to really cover those 2 positions.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

If Alves stays we still need a RB who could seriously compete with him. Montoya and Douglas aren't competition for Alves. A bee would be more dangerous for Alves than those two. We should resign Alves for 2-3 years, and buy a young RB who could be world class by the time Alves is done and could also take away some playing time from Alves even starting with the next season. The only time Alves is not starting these days is when he is injured, rested, or suspended. That speaks a lot about the quality of our right side, which is pretty weak with the exception of Dani.

We need just 2 players. A CM, which should be the absolute priority, and a RB. But we need to buy two potential starters in those spots. We could be talking about 80-100m to really cover those 2 positions.

About Rb, Barca NEVER in the last 20 years spent too much on full backs. Alves is by far the most expensive fullback in Barca ever.
Before him we had guys like Van Bronckhorst, Sylvinho, Belleti etc for 3-5-10 Millions at max.

Our philosophy was always something like:
-- buy forward or two for 100 Millions
-- buy 1-2 midfielders for 30-50 Millions
-- buy some defenders for 10-20 Millions
-- buy some fullbacks for 2-10 Millions

Ok, the times are changing, the market is changing.
But we were always all-out-attack team who relied heavily on world class attackers, and technically gifted midfielders who can keep possession and create numerous chances for our forwards.

Defenders and especially fullbacks were never a top priority in Barca.
(I don't mean to argue about this, or again how times have changed)

My point is just: I don't believe that we, Barca, will spend more than 10-15M on a reserve RB.
If you are hoping that we will buy a 25-30-40M RB while we have Alves who can play for at least 2 more years, I just don't see that happening.

Again, we will rather just buy a 4th attacker like Reus for 50-60 Millions (or whatever price), or buy a Mc for 60-70-100 Millions like Koke or Pogba than to pay a lot for our reserve full-back.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

For me: renew Alves for 2 years and bring in Bellerin or Aurier, Koke as CM and Dybala if Pedro leaves (because he'll swim to Barcelona, so we don't need to buy an airplane ticket for him).

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Let's pray for that. We got the other positions pretty much covered, except for the RB.

khaled_a_d

If Vermaelen will be actually ready to play, we will have 5 defenders for 2 positions.

I mean, even now, with 4 players (Pique, Masch, Mathieu, Bartra), people are whining how Bartresi doesn't play enough.
If Vermaelen will play, then minutes will be divided (even more than today) again between Mathieu, Vermaelen and Bartra.

In this moment, I don't see a need for buying any defender, especially a 50M defender.

Our defense is playing good and we will hopefully have 5 defenders on disposal very soon.
Rb, Mc and a 4th Fc.
This is where we need new players.

So, we need 1, 2 or 3 new players.

We will have a serious problem regarding the age of our team if we only sign 1 player during next January
Right now the team have 20 players + 3 GKs in the squad .I will separate the GKs from the pack considering they last longer in addition it is very good situation .but other players we might have an aging squad by 2016 summer

the 20 players have 1 player born b4 1983 : Xavi
13 players born between between 1983& 1989 :Mathieu ,Alves (1983) ,Iniesta,Adriano,Mascherano (1984) Vermaelen (1985) Messi/Suarez/Pique/Pedro (1987) ,Rakitic/Busquets (1988) and Alba (1989)
6 players born in 1990's : Douglas(1990) ,Bartra,Montoya (1991) Neymar,S.Roberto (1992) and Rafinha (1993)

See .the main key players all fall in 2nd category .at the start of this season the main players were between the age of 25-31 .that is in most cases the prime of the players are within that range
But there is a bit lack of youth in the team currently .Neymar is the only starter .Douglas and Roberto don't belong here at all while Bartra & Montoya are bench players with some fans putting Montoya as "don't belong here " with Douglas&Roberto
Rafinha is squad player with potential to be starter but that is still a long shot

Again this year things looks gr8 because the main core is still in his prime but in 2016? the 25-31 turns to 27-33 .with potentially only Neymar under 27 starter .this would be big task to move the age of the team down and it should be done gradually
Obviously some La Masia player might make it .but right now no one look like a starter in 2 years but it could change

We need to be prepared to get a new RB next year for sure even if ALves renews .we also need to reasses some of the older squad players situation .I don't know if Mathieu should stay beyond 2016 for example and Vermaelen might never prove to be reliably healthy .Mascherano will be 32 in 2016 and a short CB like him probably won't last long specially when he start to lose some of his speed&Stamina
Yes on paper we have 5 CBs but the reality is that we need to be prepared for the long term .if there is a good young CB available in the market we shouldn't pass .would agree that we shouldn't be desperate and break the bank for 1 but we are far from being "we need 1,2,3 new players" squad is a bit thin and by 2016 it could be actually older than we expect

Last edited:

BBZ8800

@ Khaled, ok, but I don't think that we will have the money for everything.

The new board is coming, we have debts 450 or 650 Millions.
Plus, potentially we will have to pay additional 22 Millions soon again for Neymar's case, as a penalty.

A huge debt+new money for taxes scandal.

SeloBarca

We should really start unloading some players that just sit on the bench or are loaned to get more cash for better players.
Sandro, Montoya, Douglas, Deulofeu, Song, Pedro, one of the CBs, Roberto, Rafinha.
It wont happen but i would like Pogba, Gundogan and Danilo, but it would be 150m+

Our debt is that high? i thought we had paid off some during Rosell era, not increasing it.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

@ Khaled, ok, but I don't think that we will have the money for everything.

Plus, potentially we will have to pay additional 22 Millions soon again for Neymar's case, as a penalty.

A huge debt+new money for taxes scandal.

Our debt was far less than that IIRC .something below 400M ,Laporta spent when we have debt too and he is the clear favorite to win . And with a good sporting director we could get some bargain deals for squad players

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/detail/article/club-record-income-of-530-million-euros

The 2013/14 season also witnessed a reduction in the net debt by 44 million euros, meaning that since the new Board took over, this figure has decreased by 143 million, and as of June 30 of this year now stands at 287 million euros, while four years ago it was 431 million.

Jombi

Why are we linked to yet another Arsenal player like Bellerin? Didnt Hleb, Cesc, Song and Vermaelen teach us anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans