Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

I think a competent scouting network will have a full overview over which good players have contracts that are about to run out (so we can get bargains), and which great, young players dominate in various leagues around the world and go after these players who still can develop further into world class players with us.

Why have we stopped buying guys like Joel Veltman, or Giannelli Imbula? What are the chances of us actually buying some exciting players for once, who are already dominating in their league at the moment and have the potential to become world class? I dont like us to try to go after Thiago Silvas or some 27 year old Arsenal player. That shows a lack of imagination IMO.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
There's always exceptions that prove the rule. Players are usually fully developed in their mid 20s and peak in their late 20s.

Multiple exceptions prove it isn't a rule. I could add Deco as well.

Last edited:

Bertus

22-23 year olds are the right type of age we should be looking at. These guys are established but still have large potential to reach higher levels, like Luka Modric when he joined Tottenham.
Easy to look at, harder to sign.

Those who are usually already fully established are hard to sign for any club once they join a top club.

So a club has to aim for those that are not fully established but could have potential. All in all, it's a gamble.

Jombi

Easy to look at, harder to sign.

Those who are usually already fully established are hard to sign for any club once they join a top club.

So a club has to aim for those that are not fully established but could have potential. All in all, it's a gamble.

When I say "established" I dont mean players that play for the richest clubs, but young players who have established a reputation as a class player in their league. Exciting young players with class and great potential. Guys like Joel Veltman, Giannelli Imbula and countless others. Not zero-imagination policy of going after players like Thiago Silva or some Arsenal player that we love to sign and overpay for every year.

Bertus

When I say "established" I dont mean players that play for the richest clubs, but young players who have established a reputation as a class player in their league. Exciting young players with class and great potential. Guys like Joel Veltman, Giannelli Imbula and countless others. Not zero-imagination policy of going after players like Thiago Silva or some Arsenal player that we love to sign and overpay for every year.

No one is talking about Maximilian Meyer. I don't understand.

Jombi

No one is talking about Maximilian Meyer. I don't understand.

The guy is only 19 and very raw still.

Btw, when was the last time we actually bought a player who developed further with us and turned out to be better for us than he was in his previous clubs?

khaled_a_d

Those kind of players usually proves they are the worst kind of deals ,they are proven in a weaker competition and no guarantee that they will translate into good players into tougher competition and it need sporting director to differentiate who is future star and who is just getting advantage of weaker competition .for every Modric that tottenham signed how many flops from smaller league/clubs?
This isn't Palermo to try to get good players from smaller leagues ,when we want established players they need to be really established .
And I am not totally against it ,we got Neymar from a smaller league .we got plenty of good players from France b4 and it is obvious we need to make some bargains from time to time ,but it can't be our go to move when trying to sign players

Jombi

Ter Stegen is the type of transfers I'd like to see far more of. This is the type of transfers that bring excitement and hope to cules. Not yet another Arsenal player or trying a futile attempt to go after Boateng or Verratti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans