Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

Those kind of players usually proves they are the worst kind of deals ,they are proven in a weaker competition and no guarantee that they will translate into good players into tougher competition and it need sporting director to differentiate who is future star and who is just getting advantage of weaker competition .for every Modric that tottenham signed how many flops from smaller league/clubs?
This isn't Palermo to try to get good players from smaller leagues ,when we want established players they need to be really established .
And I am not totally against it ,we got Neymar from a smaller league .we got plenty of good players from France b4 and it is obvious we need to make some bargains from time to time ,but it can't be our go to move when trying to sign players

But why is it the go to move of every other top club when they sign players and not us? I dont see Chelsea or Bayern trying to sign players from PSG or City or even Arsenal. Why should this be our go to move?

We need to go after young class players who are on the verge of hitting it big and can turn into world class players. No more Hlebs and Vermaelens and more Iscos and Ter Stegens please.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Jombi - buying players of potential in early twenties has not worked in past look at the South Americans wasted close to 50 odd million or Chygrynskiy for another 25m on.

You are bringing in players that you will need to give game time to find out if they are good enough and they will take up game time from b team players trying to break through.

Barcelona seem to have take the approach they will only buy players ready to play in first team or to start in b team.

Plenty of young players have been scouted and brought in at that level you just will rarely see risks taken on players for first team.

khaled_a_d

But why is it the go to move of every other top club when they sign players and not us? I dont see Chelsea or Bayern trying to sign players from PSG or City or even Arsenal. Why should this be our go to move?

Bayern signed 27 years old Benatia from Roma ,Robben(25) from Madrid ,Ribery(24) after being proved in world cup ,Martinez(24) for enormous 40M after being proven in Liga and UEFA cup ,Gotze was young but he was ultimately proven in Bundesliga and CL
Real is doing the same thing ,PSG too with more Calcio flavour .and same about Man City (and their signings from smaller clubs flopped big time) .those are the clubs who share same expectations/standards as Barca
Edit :I am not against signing younger players but it can't be just them .and the players you mentioned are just too risky .I would be so happy if we get some bargain deals from time to time from smaller clubs with proper scouting

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bayern signed 27 years old Benatia from Roma ,Robben(25) from Madrid ,Ribery(24) after being proved in world cup ,Martinez(24) for enormous 40M after being proven in Liga and UEFA cup
Real is doing the same thing ,PSG too with more Calcio flavour .and same about Man City (and their signings from smaller clubs flopped big time) .those are the clubs who share same expectations/standards as Barca

We also sign proven players.

Proven injury prone :vermaelen:

Jombi

Jombi - buying players of potential in early twenties has not worked in past look at the South Americans wasted close to 50 odd million or Chygrynskiy for another 25m on.

You are bringing in players that you will need to give game time to find out if they are good enough and they will take up game time from b team players trying to break through.

Barcelona seem to have take the approach they will only buy players ready to play in first team or to start in b team.

Plenty of young players have been scouted and brought in at that level you just will rarely see risks taken on players for first team.

But Chygrynskiy, Douglas, Henrique were hardly established as great players in their league. Neymar was. Neymar is the type of player I am talking about. Players who have a great reputation in their league, is still younger than 25 and is ready to hit it big.

We have flopped badly by going after so-called safe options from Arsenal time and time again, so I dont see why we should continue down that path. I dont want to see us go after Cazorla or whatever our "scouts" find in the Arsenal squad. It is time for us to do what other top clubs do.

Jombi

Bayern signed 27 years old Benatia from Roma ,Robben(25) from Madrid ,Ribery(24) after being proved in world cup ,Martinez(24) for enormous 40M after being proven in Liga and UEFA cup

Roma and Bilbao are not big and rich clubs like Barca and Real Madrid. Trying to sign young class players from Bilbao is exactly what I am talking about.

PSG dont try to sign established players from rich clubs like Chelsea or Bayern or even Arsenal. Our go-to strategy must be to go after players from smaller clubs like other big clubs do and these players should have the potential to be world class.

JamDav1982

But Chygrynskiy, Douglas, Henrique were hardly established as great players in their league. Neymar was. Neymar is the type of player I am talking about. Players who have a great reputation in their league, is still younger than 25 and is ready to hit it big.

We have flopped badly by going after so-called safe options from Arsenal time and time again, so I dont see why we should continue down that path. I dont want to see us go after Cazorla or whatever our "scouts" find in the Arsenal squad. It is time for us to do what other top clubs do.

Players in early twenties - Fabregas, Sanchez, Alba, Ter Stegen all fit the bill and have been signed that fit those rules.

What club do you want Barca to be more like?

Any established player in early twenties good enough for Barca will be worth a fortune.

JamDav1982

Roma and Bilbao are not big and rich clubs like Barca and Real Madrid. PSG dont try to sign established players from rich clubs like Chelsea or Bayern or even Arsenal. Our go-to strategy must be to go after players from smaller clubs like other big clubs do and these players should have the potential to be world class.

PSG just signed Luiz from Chelsea and paid big money for Tiago Silva and Ibra from AC Milan.

PSG team is built on established players from other clubs more than Barca.

What have Roma and Bilbao won?

Bertus

PSG just signed Luiz from Chelsea and paid big money for Tiago Silva and Ibra from AC Milan.

50M for TS+Zlatan was a bargain tho when you look at the market now.

50M for DL was overpriced, but he won every hearts at PSG, so hard to say it's a bad decision. He's easily amongs PSG top 5 players this year.

khaled_a_d

Joel Veltman, Giannelli Imbula is like Neymar?
we need a better scouting system and better signings for sure .but we need the Neymar deal as we need the Rakitic and Suarez types .we also need to get our Varane type of signing from time to time for sure .that last one is missing but we can't just try to solely get young players hoping for Neymar/Varane type of deals

Jombi

David Luiz wasnt wanted by Mourinho. AC Milan is not a rich club anymore.

Going after players who are important for rich clubs is futile and a zero-imagination strategy IMO.

JamDav1982

Going after players who are important for rich clubs is futile and a zero-imagination strategy IMO.

So you want Barca to go for more u25 players from non rich clubs?

They have dont that quite a bit.

What club do you want Barca to follow or be more like?

Whether AC Milan is rich or not is irrelevant as those two signings dont meet the rules you set out but were great signings for PSG.

Bertus

DL had greater performances than any Chelsea's CBs during their face off :lol:

I wonder what Mou is thinking now. Their squad seemed to be higher quality than last year, yet they lost against a 10 men PSG squad + against a player Mou didn't value much apparently.

Bertus

So you want Barca to go for more u25 players from non rich clubs?

They have dont that quite a bit.

What club do you want Barca to follow or be more like?

Whether AC Milan is rich or not is irrelevant as those two signings dont meet the rules you set out but were great signings for PSG.

barca or PSG should buy Meyer already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans