Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

Joel Veltman, Giannelli Imbula is like Neymar?
we need a better scouting system and better signings for sure .but we need the Neymar deal as we need the Rakitic and Suarez types .we also need to get our Varane type of signing from time to time for sure .that last one is missing but we can't just try to solely get young players hoping for Neymar/Varane type of deals

Joel Veltman and Imbula are established as dominant players in their respective leagues, great young players in their early 20s. Not too young, raw and inexperienced like a 19 year old talent, but instead ready to hit it big. These are the type of transfers that other big clubs do. They dont obsess about going after players from other rich clubs because they know it is basically impossible.

I dont consider Varane signings possible for us, so I dont refer to those types of signings (18 year olds from some obscure club somewhere).

zanela

On the subject of Pjanić, I see him feature amongst the wishlist of many posters here, but I don't know if they watch him regularly. He's having a poor season at both club and country level. Much of the reasonable bosnian opinion seem to be that he's nothing more than a decent player. He has poor temperament, add to that even at his best, he won't assert his dominance in MF a la Xavi/Verratti/Modrić. He could improve, no doubt. But I'm starting to doubt if he will ever transform in to an elite player. Barca can definitely do better.
And Barca could also do with a better SD. Braida's scouting network seem to start and end with SerieA.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
In this day and age, it doesn't matter whether you're buying from a rich or poor club, bottom line is young established player will cost a fortune, period. What really matters is the willingness of the team to sell the player, Eg: Chelsea willing to sell DL; RM willing to sell di Maria; PSG not willing to sell Thiago Silva nor Marquinhos, etc etc.

All young established player will be costing fortunes regardless of which team they come from.

JamDav1982

Joel Veltman and Imbula are established as dominant players in their respective leagues, great young players in their early 20s. Not too young, raw and inexperienced like a 19 year old talent, but instead ready to hit it big. These are the type of transfers that other big clubs do. They dont obsess about going after players from other rich clubs because they know it is basically impossible.

I dont consider Varane signings possible for us, so I dont refer to those types of signings (18 year olds from some obscure club somewhere).

Barcelona signed plenty of players from teams that are not rich and have signed plenty of players u25 established in their teams.

The difference with Barca is that rather than taking in young players to take a chance on from other teams they prefer to leave more of a path open for the B team players.

Loads of the top teams try to buy players off one another anyway. Not just Barca.

Jombi

So you want Barca to go for more u25 players from non rich clubs?

They have dont that quite a bit.

What club do you want Barca to follow or be more like?

Whether AC Milan is rich or not is irrelevant as those two signings dont meet the rules you set out but were great signings for PSG.

I dont mind us trying to sign players from clubs that have great players and are desperate to sell because they are in financial difficulties. Thats what PSG did when they signed from AC Milan.

Monitoring clubs who are in financial difficulties is of course shrewd business.

Which top clubs have as their main strategy to go after players who are important for Bayern, Chelsea, PSG, Barcelona etc?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I dont mind us trying to sign players from clubs that have great players and are desperate to sell because they are in financial difficulties. Thats what PSG did when they signed from AC Milan.

Monitoring clubs who are in financial difficulties is of course shrewd business.

Which top clubs have as their main strategy to go after players who are important for Bayern, Chelsea, PSG, Barcelona etc?

It doesn't matter if they're important. It only matters if they're willing to sell.

Luis Suarez was as important to Liverpool as a player could be for a club, and they still sold him.

Jombi

Yip, hence why these rules about u25 from established teams is not always way to go.

I think you misunderstood what I meant with established players. I meant players who have established themselves as class players in their league, so not 18 year talents, but also not players who already play for rich clubs and is considered world class. Its futile to go after Thiago Silvas and Verratis or Boatengs or whatever unless the player wants out for some reason.

JamDav1982

How is it Barcas 'main strategy'?

All top teams enquire about players from one another.

Real Madrid for a start have taken players from Man Utd, Bayern, Chelsea.

Man Utd have taken players from Real Madrid, Chelsea etc.

Nothing unique to Barca in looking at other top teams.

Bertus

I think many people just got burnt by what happened with PSG.

People should just remember that french laws help PSG to keep their players.

It's not the case elsewhere.

Jombi

In this day and age, it doesn't matter whether you're buying from a rich or poor club, bottom line is young established player will cost a fortune, period. What really matters is the willingness of the team to sell the player, Eg: Chelsea willing to sell DL; RM willing to sell di Maria; PSG not willing to sell Thiago Silva nor Marquinhos, etc etc.

All young established player will be costing fortunes regardless of which team they come from.

Not really. Giannelli Imbula will probably cost about 20-25m euros. Joel Veltman can go for 10-15m perhaps. These are the types of transfers I am talking about. These are established as dominant players in their respective leagues, in their early 20s and with potential to become world class. We need to go after these types of players much more, like other top clubs do. Going after Arsenal players or Jerome Boateng is not a recipe for success. Our history shows that we will rather go for 30 year old Cazorla from Arsenal when we want to improve our midfield than 22 year old Imbula from Marseille. I just dont see this as a good strategy for us.

JamDav1982

Jombi you seem to think that other top clubs dont try to sign players that they are unlikely to get.

Thats not the case. Almost all the top teams in europe will have been trying anything to get Messi. Chelsea want Varane, Bayern want Sergio Ramos, Bayern signed Kroos.

There is nothing unique or wrong in chasing top players from other clubs it happens across all top teams not just Barca.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Not really. Giannelli Imbula will probably cost about 20-25m euros. Joel Veltman can go for 10-15m perhaps. These are the types of transfers I am talking about. These are established as dominant players in their respective leagues, in their early 20s and with potential to become world class. We need to go after these types of players much more, like other top clubs do. Going after Arsenal players or Jerome Boateng is not a recipe for success. Our history shows that we will rather go for 30 year old Cazorla from Arsenal when we want to improve our midfield than 22 year old Imbula from Marseille. I just dont see this as a good strategy for us.

Those 2 players are not established, sorry, and look at the cost even you are predicting for them. Established players are household names, players who are renown for being good and being talented. Those two players have shown to be good young players, but have not established themselves as world class players.

Those are the type of players you buy to round out your summer where you already bought your main players. Those are not the players you go out to buy to play and count on from day one. Not in Barcelona where they're competing for every trophy every year.

Jombi

I'd say it is unique that we obsess about players from Arsenal and PSG. We dont see this type of strategy in other top clubs IMO. They go for younger players from leagues like Ligue 1, Dutch top division, Portugese league etc. Perhaps because they have a more extensive scout network, I dont know.

JamDav1982

I'd say it is unique that we obsess about players from Arsenal and PSG. We dont see this type of strategy in other top clubs IMO. They go for younger players from leagues like Ligue 1, Dutch top division, Portugese league etc. Perhaps because they have a more extensive scout network, I dont know.

Obsess? Hardly. Two players signed from Arsenal and two players chased from PSG in 5 years hardly obsessive.

By the way Man City have signed many more players from Arsenal than Barca have in recent years.

Jombi

Those 2 players are not established, sorry, and look at the cost even you are predicting for them. Established players are household names, players who are renown for being good and being talented. Those two players have shown to be good young players, but have not established themselves as world class players.

Those are the type of players you buy to round out your summer where you already bought your main players. Those are not the players you go out to buy to play and count on from day one. Not in Barcelona where they're competing for every trophy every year.

They are established as great players in their league and no, we are deluding ourselves when we think we can just go after household names from Chelsea, PSG and Bayern.

Buying young players who have established themselves as dominant in their leagues are the types of transfers that are the recipe for success. Going after Thiago Silvas from PSG or Jerome Boateng from Bayern is not a strategy that any sensible top club follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans