Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I dont really think the reason we refuse to buy great young players, except Neymar and Ter Stegen, is because we rely on La Masia. Our La Masia players have received very little trust over the years, and we have to go back 6 years since Busquets established himself as the last La Masia player. A guy like Samper isnt given any playing time for the first team.

I think the way Imbula has played this season, dominating one of the best teams in the league and doing great in the CL too is establishing yourself as a top player of that league. Marqinhos had established himself in Serie A as a great young player IMO when PSG bought him after his great season there. We cant just wait for years to let other clubs buy great young players and only try to show interest once they join big clubs. If you think guys like Griezmann, and Mangala were established world class talents in Sociedad and Porto, then so are guys like Imbula and Veltman in Marseille and Ajax. I dont think a guy like Danilo is better than Fabinho. Fabinho can probably be had for 12-15m. I dont think we will buy any of these guys though and they will probably go to some rich club in England.

I think the best idea is to gradually ease great young players into the team and not simply buy players because we have failed to plan for the decline of guys like Xavi and Iniesta. I agree that Koke might be a good purchase. Buying both Koke and Imbula is reasonable. At least its a better option than trying to go after Verratti or signing some aging Arsenal player like Cazorla or medicore guy like Pjanic with no potential to reach world class level.

Barca haven't needed to invest heavily in projects from outside because they've had a steady quality supply of them from La Masia. It is only recently that has begun to not pan out for them, or more accurately, failed to reach the levels it had in previous years. After Thiago, none of La Masia projects have managed to ascend from project player to staple player. It might be that now they will need to look outside from some project players to supplement their ranks.

Marquinhos wasn't an established player when PSG bought him, Bertus will tell you the same in all likelyhood. He was a very promising young player, but not established yet. He established himself at PSG, and quite possibly this season.

Once again, I told you I only included Mangala for his price, he was bought as a project and still is. Griezmann is a world class player and was a world class player before Atletico bought him. There's no comparison.

As to your last sentence, to ease young players into the team you need great players to take main minutes and allow for the easing of the young ones. Barca need starting caliber players at midfield right now and cannot really afford to gamble on projects.
I'm not opposed to buying the young player, but only if he comes after an already world class midfielder. There's no escaping the fact Barca will need to go get a midfielder from a top team next available window, and that they will have to spend significantly for him.

G

Gasgas

I posted this on another thread but i think it belongs here:

It is all about what it would have been like had things gone differently

I think a midfield of cesc kroos busquets iniesta xavi rafinha samper mascherano would have been excellent
In it you have world class starters
Kroos busi cesc

World class age and experience xavi iniesta mascherano

And young blood samper and rafinha

And still you dont lose the barca essence as cesc and kroos are very good with passing and midfield control while cesc is also direct sending throughballs to neymar messi and suarez all season (or first half TBF) and a fresher iniesta can come in whenever needed with xavi substituting kroos. Masche deputizing at CB and DM with samper playing sergi roberto minutes and partly with the B team.

In defence they get benatia before bayern get him and sign a prospect like doria with him, a future pair for bartra

In fullback positions fabinho/darmian/danilo

Forward positions,
Either suarez as they did, or reus

Jombi

Barca haven't needed to invest heavily in projects from outside because they've had a steady quality supply of them from La Masia. It is only recently that has begun to not pan out for them, or more accurately, failed to reach the levels it had in previous years. After Thiago, none of La Masia projects have managed to ascend from project player to staple player. It might be that now they will need to look outside from some project players to supplement their ranks.

Marquinhos wasn't an established player when PSG bought him, Bertus will tell you the same in all likelyhood. He was a very promising young player, but not established yet. He established himself at PSG, and quite possibly this season.

Once again, I told you I only included Mangala for his price, he was bought as a project and still is. Griezmann is a world class player and was a world class player before Atletico bought him. There's no comparison.

As to your last sentence, to ease young players into the team you need great players to take main minutes and allow for the easing of the young ones. Barca need starting caliber players at midfield right now and cannot really afford to gamble on projects.
I'm not opposed to buying the young player, but only if he comes after an already world class midfielder. There's no escaping the fact Barca will need to go get a midfielder from a top team next available window, and that they will have to spend significantly for him.

Griezmann was a established world class player in Sociedad? Well, I disagree. But if those are the type of players you think are world class and that we should go after, then I agree that we should go after "world class" players and not only "projects" as you call them. The point is that we should go after great, young players from smaller teams to a much larger degree. Of course, not everyone will succeed, but when we buy several great young players over several years, we will have a stream of players who will hit it big.

Regarding your claim that we have to buy from a top team for a midfielder, that remains to be seen and what you consider top team. If we had bought Isco from Malaga, would you have considered that to buy from a top team? Or is he some type of "project"? We are not going to get important players from PSG, Chelsea etc so we have to buy from smaller teams. Hopefully we dont try to go after Cazorla. I dont like us to do is going after established players from Arsenal who is not world class, but simply plays for a big club which we tend to prefer. Going after Marquinhos as soon as he starts playing for PSG is just dumb IMO.

Last edited:
G

Gasgas

Griezmann was a established world class player in Sociedad? Well, I disagree. But if those are the type of players you think are world class and that we should go after, then I agree that we should go after "world class" players and not only "projects" as you call them. The point is that we should go after great, young players from smaller teams to a much larger degree. Of course, not everyone will succeed, but when we buy several great young players over several years, we will have a stream of players who will hit it big.

Regarding your claim that we have to buy from a top team for a midfielder, that remains to be seen and what you consider top team. If we had bought Isco from Malaga, would you have considered that to buy from a top team? Or is he some type of "project"? We are not going to get important players from PSG, Chelsea etc so we have to buy from smaller teams. Hopefully we dont try to go after Cazorla. I dont like us to do is going after established players from Arsenal who is not world class, but simply plays for a big club which we tend to prefer. Going after Marquinhos as soon as he starts playing for PSG is just dumb IMO.

Exactly.
We should be going after players in the mould of
Doria, christian rodriguez, dybala, tielemans, vietto, last season's laporte, fazio, carvalho from sporting, etc

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Yes Griezmann was world class even last season, the only weird thing was how Sociedad was able to keep him for so long. He showed his promise even as far back as 2010 and only got better and better each season from then. He played 4 full La Liga seasons with Sociedad and got better in each one. There is no comparison between him and Imbula who is only now starting to make a name for himself.

Where is the Isco type of player to be had out there right now? Don't mention Imbula please, there is not comparison there either. Isco played 2 full seasons with a good Malaga side that finished 4th and 5th in La Liga in those years. He was also not a starter his first year at Madrid, which a new midfielder bought for Barca would likely have to be.

Don't know why you keep mentioning Chelsea and PSG, when the most rumored targets for Barca are Koke and Pogba and they don't play for either of those teams. I don't even know which Chelsea player has ever been linked with Barca.

Bayern want Sergio Ramos.
:lol: Cant believe someone is believing this fake rumour..Bayern interested in Ramos is total nonsense.

barca or PSG should buy Meyer already.
It is not as easy to get him, as u make it out. 1st German top talents r not interested in going to France. Paris has tried to get some, but never succeeded. Meyer is on the list of many top clubs and Bayern r for sure under them, but he knows that Schalke r the perfect club for him to grow at the moment and he ll move to another club, when the time is right. Bayern or Barca should be favorites, if they r interested..I personally think he ll end up at Bayern in 1 or 2 years. It is reported, that he has a buyout clause, but the amount is not clear..could be a steal of around 20-25m€ or in the Draxler region (less likely).

Jombi

Yes Griezmann was world class even last season, the only weird thing was how Sociedad was able to keep him for so long. He showed his promise even as far back as 2010 and only got better and better each season from then. He played 4 full La Liga seasons with Sociedad and got better in each one. There is no comparison between him and Imbula who is only now starting to make a name for himself.

Where is the Isco type of player to be had out there right now? Don't mention Imbula please, there is not comparison there either. Isco played 2 full seasons with a good Malaga side that finished 4th and 5th in La Liga in those years. He was also not a starter his first year at Madrid, which a new midfielder bought for Barca would likely have to be.

Don't know why you keep mentioning Chelsea and PSG, when the most rumored targets for Barca are Koke and Pogba and they don't play for either of those teams. I don't even know which Chelsea player has ever been linked with Barca.

David Luiz transfer saga from Chelsea to Barca was painful.

One possible reason Sociedad managed to hold on to Griezmann is because he was not an established world class player back then and didnt have a single cap for France. A A great young player, yes, these are the type of players I'd like us to get, but I dont think he was a world class player back then. But thats just my opinion.

Its true, we have let alot of great young players slip by over the years, players who could have been perfect for us as we transition from an era after Xavi and Iniesta. Hopefully we start to actually buy players who can improve after they join us. Guys like Pjanic, Darmian and Bruno Peres are not players fit for Barca.

JamDav1982

David Luiz transfer saga from Chelsea to Barca was painful.

One possible reason Sociedad managed to hold on to Griezmann is because he was not an established world class player back then and didnt have a single cap for France. A A great young player, yes, these are the type of players I'd like us to get, but I dont think he was a world class player back then. But thats just my opinion.

Its true, we have let alot of great young players slip by over the years, players who could have been perfect for us as we transition from an era after Xavi and Iniesta. Hopefully we start to actually buy players who can improve after they join us. Guys like Pjanic, Darmian and Bruno Peres are not players fit for Barca.

Barcelona tried to sign Griezmann years ago but he didnt want to come and start in b team.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Braid talked about the players he went to see in Italy(Darmian, Bruno Peres, Pjanic):

"Barça likes the 3 profiles very much. Darmian played well, but he can do better and he can grow even more. With Bruno Peres is different, we're less focused on him.
But right now we are not really focused on any particular reinforcements."

I like braidas knowledge of less obvious players but we'll have to wait for some time to see if he can negotiate and ultimately make the right signings.

L

linetty

Adviser Braida keeps in touch with the agent of PSG midfielder Marco Verratti (22). Player is willing to join in the future. [l'esportiu]

L

linetty

Besides Darmian and Pjanic, Braida also attended Torino-Roma yesterday to watch Torino full back Bruno Peres (25). [toro news]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans