Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo_Messi

Braid talked about the players he went to see in Italy(Darmian, Bruno Peres, Pjanic):

"Barça likes the 3 profiles very much. Darmian played well, but he can do better and he can grow even more. With Bruno Peres is different, we're less focused on him.
But right now we are not really focused on any particular reinforcements."

Bruno Peres is not FCB material. Neither Pjanic arguably. Only Darmian should be relevant out of those 3.

If people want young, promising and cheap players then the best market is the South American market. All it takes is a good network. Douglas was nothing more than an average player in Brazil. Similarly with Henrique. Keirrison was the exception but was always limited from what I recall. Since 2008 a lot of promising South American talents have been bought by European clubs for relatively little money. Top clubs and smaller clubs alike.

What this moronic board has totally omitted is also the French market (Ligue 1) which is still a market where you can do some really good deals if you know what you want and have the network which the club does not have. Similarly the Benelux countries but to a lesser degree. The Benelux countries would be more relevant for our B team.

Not to forget the Bundesliga.

A player like Hazard should have been controlled by the club for instance.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Personally I have a list of young promising players that I would consider if I was the sports director.

Players such as Awami (21 year old left back, Nice), Emanuel Mammana (19 year old central defender, River Plate), Matías Kranevitter (21 year old defensive midfielder, Rivers Plate), Auro (19 year old right back, São Paulo), Malcom (18 year old striker, Corinthians), Tielemans (17 year old central midfielder, Anderlecht), Depay (21 year old striker, PSV Eindhoven) etc. just to name a few.

Those are the type of players that the new board should be looking after much more.

Instead of the likes of Hleb, Song, Vermaelen, Henrique, Douglas, Keirrison etc.

Leo_Messi

Honestly I'd be pleased if we got Ayew should Pedro leave. We'll never sign him though.

The older one (André) or the younger one, Jordan? I watched the Lorient-PSG game a few weeks ago and Jordan was very impressive. Definitely a player to look out for. Not sure what he is doing at Lorient.

We have close to no network in Ligue 1. It's arguably the league in Europe with the most promising talents that are relatively easy to buy for clubs such as FCB. Likewise we don't look enough towards the Bundesliga. Another league with plenty of youngsters coming through. Bayern München cannot buy all the promising talents.

Players like Leroy Sané and Meyer are extremely interesting. The problem with many Bundesliga clubs is that they are much more financially stable than your average Ligue 1 club. Thus it makes it more expensive and difficult to buy players from Bundesliga clubs than Ligue 1 clubs.

Whatever the names then the future board should definitely change their transfer approach and expand their scouting networks in South America, France, Germany and the Benelux countries. Luxembourg excluded here obviously unless there is a feature Messi running around somewhere in the Grand Duchy.:lucho:

Bertus

Adviser Braida keeps in touch with the agent of PSG midfielder Marco Verratti (22). Player is willing to join in the future. [l'esportiu]

Called it a few weeks ago. A summer mercato would not happen without a Barca/PSG story :party1:

Good luck tho. Be it Braida or Elizabeth II, Al Thani will not sell Verratti (current contract ends in 2019, Nasser plans to renew him till 2022 according to french rumors (Le_parisien and such))

Kohe321

Called it a few weeks ago. A summer mercato would not happen without a Barca/PSG story :party1:

Good luck tho. Be it Braida or Elizabeth II, Al Thani will not sell Verratti (current contract ends in 2019, Nasser plans to renew him till 2022 according to french rumors (Le_parisien and such))

Barca is starting to become like the bitter ex-girl/boyfriend who just can't let go of PSG. Even the current situation of Verratti + our transferban isn't enough to stop us. Won't be long now before Nasser issues a restraining order on our sporting directors :lol:

Bertus

Barca is starting to become like the bitter ex-girl/boyfriend who just can't let go of PSG. Even the current situation of Verratti + our transferban isn't enough to stop us. Won't be long now before Nasser issues a restraining order on our sporting directors :lol:
There's no problem with it as long as Braida has a plan B.

Marquinhos last year was certainly willing to join Barca, we all know how it started, and ended.

If Verratti's contract was ending in 2016 or even 2017, there would be a little chance, very little but it could happen.

But his current contract ends in 2019 and PSG's board will offer him a fortune to make him sign till 2022.

Usually Verratti renew his contract with PSG every years between july and september. Last year it happened in september.

And last year, there were also rumors. RMC journalist, Fred Hermel even said he was pretty sure Verratti would sign for RM. As if it was almost done.

But, as always, that dude there in Qatar said No.

Kohe321

Hehe yeah. Braida is doing a good job it seems, nothing wrong with keeping in touch with Verrattis agent as long as he's working on other targets like he is (with scouting the match yesterday for instance). It was worse with Zubi, who seeminly did his scouting work on youtube and tunnelvisioned in on one same target for the entire summer.

Bertus

Hehe yeah. Braida is doing a good job it seems, nothing wrong with keeping in touch with Verrattis agent as long as he's working on other targets like he is (with scouting the match yesterday for instance). It was worse with Zubi, who seeminly did his scouting work on youtube and tunnelvisioned in on one same target for the entire summer.
As somebody said: Players are always in touch with other clubs via their agents.

Don't forget there were rumors from Spain and France that Messi would not be against a move to PSG if it happens someday.

That doesn't mean Messi wants to leave barca, or that Barca will sell him. It's just that like that. Agents talk to other clubs.

And to be honest, news like that are no-news, Players are always willing to join big clubs as long as they have nothing against said clubs. But that doesn't work like that.

G

Gasgas

Personally I have a list of young promising players that I would consider if I was the sports director.

Players such as Awami (21 year old left back, Nice), Emanuel Mammana (19 year old central defender, River Plate), Matías Kranevitter (21 year old defensive midfielder, Rivers Plate), Auro (19 year old right back, São Paulo), Malcom (18 year old striker, Corinthians), Tielemans (17 year old central midfielder, Anderlecht), Depay (21 year old striker, PSV Eindhoven) etc. just to name a few.

Those are the type of players that the new board should be looking after much more.

Instead of the likes of Hleb, Song, Vermaelen, Henrique, Douglas, Keirrison etc.

You should be chief scout
Damn you Zubi :banghead: :banghead:
Douglas? :facepalm:

Jombi

I'll refrain from passing judgement on Braida for the time being. But his idea of "Barca profiles" he is scouting is worrying. Continuing to focus on average 25 year olds from average clubs is not the way to go IMO for an ambitious club like Barca. Now that our big stars who all came through the youth system are aging, it is more important than ever to have a sensible transfer policy as we can no longer rely on La Masia to cover up our failings in the market.

Bertus

I'll refrain from passing judgement on Braida for the time being. But his idea of "Barca profiles" he is scouting is worrying. Continuing to focus on average 25 year olds from average clubs is not the way to go IMO for an ambitious club like Barca. Now that our big stars who all came through the youth system are aging, it is more important than ever to have a sensible transfer policy as we can no longer rely on La Masia to cover up our failings in the market.
How could you pass judgement on Braida anyways? The dude didn't lead any mercato so far.

And even if he doens't sign any big star this summer, (and while I'm sure some idiots will blame him if it happens that no star is signed), he isn't superman. People can't expect him to do business as if there was no transfer ban, and can't expect him to slam PSG door saying "I'm Braida, from FC Barcelona. I'm taking verratti with me." as if he was some kind of jedi.

Bertus

François Gallardo said during the El Chiringuito show that Barcelona is very interested in Varane.

Fred Hermel also added:

"He wants to play more, but he didn't capitalize on Pepe and Ramos injuries. Also, the people around him give him very bad advices. Because of them, he's big headed.

Hermel added that the Catalan club knows that varane's situation in madrid is unclear."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans