Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohe321

Transfer adviser Braida attended Juventus-Monaco on Tuesday. Monaco player Fabinho (21) is among right backs Barcelona are following. [md]

:braida:

Co0ter

Transfer adviser Braida attended Juventus-Monaco on Tuesday. Monaco player Fabinho (21) is among right backs Barcelona are following. [md]

:braida:

I honestly haven't watched him much, what are his main attributes? Wiki says he's 6'2, definitely a plus in my book. How is his pace?

StarLord

I want Arda Turan and Pogba. Is it too much to ask? Btw, are we linked with Arda?

Pogba yes, if we can afford. Arda, as great as he is, is too old for us, unless we can get him on the cheap as a stop-gap.

I am really impressed by Mata and, to a lesser extent, Coutinho. I hope Barca has an eye on them.

Nope.

Oscar as an AM here?

Just no!

I honestly haven't watched him much, what are his main attributes? Wiki says he's 6'2, definitely a plus in my book. How is his pace?

Sounds good, but I have not watched him. Maybe someone who has watched him play extensively can chip in. No videogame experts please!

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Bertus already wrote about Fabinho in other thread:

Since I watched more than half of his games since he signed with Monaco, here what I think:

- As said above, he's better defensively.
- He's tall compared to many fullbacks. He's not that bad in the air. He's nowhere near TS or Marquinhos, but he's good. Better than many FB.
- His weak points are passes, and crosses. It's good enough for the french league, but not if he ever joins a club like Barca.
- Monaco relies more on Kurzawa offensively.
- He played 6 a few times but to be honest, didn't impress much.
- Good mental. He has no problems when he faces clubs like PSG, marseille and now everyone could see it in CL too.

He's not the best fullback around, but a very solid one. And who was already very solid and even more impressive last season under Ranieri system mostly because of Jardim new tactic as I'll explain below.

He's doing better right now than at the beginning of the current season since Jardim switched from a full offensive tactic, to a defensive one. It doesn't work to be very offensive in french league where 90% of the clubs just play very defensively. Now Monaco became a tank with deadly counter attacks.

Mido

Mata for the AM position? Don't you think Barca should aim higher than that.

Well , looking at his last performances, he clearly showed that he can step up to the plate.

My nightmares are Pogba and Koke for some reasons. I really dont wanna see them wear the Barca shirt.

Mido

What about Herrera ? And Coutinho is only 22 ! He's very fluid.

Azpilicueta can also play as a RB, could be a good replacement for Alves in my opinion.

Mido

RB : Azpilicueta / Fabinho

Midfield : Herrera / Mata / Javi Martinez / Götze / David Silva

Silva and Mata could also play in the attack if needed.

Egert

Estonian Culé
What about Herrera ? And Coutinho is only 22 ! He's very fluid.

Azpilicueta can also play as a RB, could be a good replacement for Alves in my opinion.

Don't bring them up, Barcaforum will eat you alive :lol: But I like Coutinho aswell.

Mido

Don't bring them up, Barcaforum will eat you alive :lol: But I like Coutinho aswell.

Everybody's entitled to their own opinion. Coutinho is rather a plan B to me. Mata , however, is on my A list alongside with Herrera, Götze, Javi Martinez and David Silva. ( +Gündogan)

L

linetty

RB : Azpilicueta / Fabinho

Midfield : Herrera / Mata / Javi Martinez / Götze / David Silva

Silva and Mata could also play in the attack if needed.
I'd only like Silva from your list, the rest is rubbish or unreachable.

Mido

I'd only like Silva from your list, the rest is rubbish or unreachable.

If what you say is true, then we will undoubtedly lose in terms of quality in the squad if some B team players don't step up to the plate when they will be needed.

I really can't see what Pogba and Koke can bring to Barca. Koke is in a terrible shape at the moment eventhough he got some decent stamina.

L

linetty

If what you say is true, then we will undoubtedly lose in terms of quality in the squad if some B team players don't step up to the plate when they will be needed.

I really can't see what Pogba and Koke can bring to Barca. Koke is in a terrible shape at the moment eventhough he got some decent stamina.
Koke is not in terrible shape. He's better than anyone you picked for your list.

Herrera, Martinez, Mata... simply not Barca quality. Gotze is an attacking player primarily so that option is out of question.

I'd love Tielemans.

Last edited:

Mido

Koke is not in terrible shape. He's better than anyone you picked for your list.

Herrera, Martinez, Mata... simply not Barca quality. Gotze is an attacking player primarily so that option is out of question.

I beg to differ for Herrera and Mata. The first is an excellent alternative to Rakitic and Mata is not only good but multidimensional and polyvalent.

Götze is Iniesta's best replacement in my opinion. With Rakitic or Samper backing him up in 2016/2017, this would be a great midfield with Iniesta as our luxury sub. This would bring fire to Barca's engine.

Tielemans seems to be a nice prospect but it's way too soon IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans