Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPulga

What about Andre Gomes, could be a very good Iniesta replacement in the future. I really liked how he's playing this seaon.

Mido

Azpilicueta is OK, but Chelsea ain't selling to us.

Fabinho I have never seen play. Have you?

Herrera? Not good enough.

Mata? Ditto.

Martinez? Same as above.

Gotze? A fourth-rate version of Messi. Can't see how he could replace Iniesta in the slightest, and he would cost infinitely more than he will ever be worth.

David Silva? Very good player, but ageing. Should have bought him back in the day maybe, not now.

Whether we like it or not, Pogba and Koke are the two best options, but again the problem is that they will cost too much money, but if we want to remain a powerhouse club, then we have no choice but to cough up some real dough. Simple as.

Pogba seems to have most of the attributes needed to be a world-class midfielder. The only thing that worries me about him is that I get the impression that he is sometimes lazy. Maybe I am wrong though.

Koke is also a supremely gifted midfielder. Not as silky smooth as Xavi and Iniesta, but gets the job done, will also cost a lot, but not as much as Pogba.

Verratti, I am really torn over this player, some of the things that I see in him I like, others I do not. There are at least two main problems with his play in my opinion. First, he is painfully slow. Second, he tries to do too much sometimes, he overestimates himself too often for my liking. Plus, he will also cost an absurd amount of money. He is not a good option for us.

When I mentioned Herrera, this was only as an alternative to Rakitic IF and only IF , Samper doesn't do well next season.

I am sorry but I can't agree with you about Koke. I might need to watch Atletico a little bit more if my judgement is not correct.

I watched Fabinho play only twice, he is definitely below Alves but definitely above Montoya and Douglas. Azpilicueta would be the best solution of course.

Pogba is an excellent player but he would fit Real Madrid much better in my opinion.

I don't know what "Ditto" means. Martinez should definitely be put on a B or C list though.

David Silva is 29 years old and by summer 2016 , he would be 30 years old. He doesn't necessarily need incredible speed or explosivity. He could perform at high level at least until he's 33 or 34.

StarLord

When I mentioned Herrera, this was only as an alternative to Rakitic IF and only IF , Samper doesn't do well next season.

I am sorry but I can't agree with you about Koke. I might need to watch Atletico a little bit more if my judgement is not correct.

I watched Fabinho play only twice, he is definitely below Alves but definitely above Montoya and Douglas. Azpilicueta would be the best solution of course.

Pogba is an excellent player but he would fit Real Madrid much better in my opinion.

I don't know what "Ditto" means. Martinez should definitely be put on a B or C list though.

David Silva is 29 years old and by summer 2016 , he would be 30 years old. He doesn't necessarily need incredible speed or explosivity. He could perform at high level at least until he's 33 or 34.

We don't need an infinite number of midfielders. Just bring on one or two world class midfielders so that the issue is resolved.

Xavi will leave pretty soon, he is getting too old for this shit, whether we like or not. Iniesta will be on the bench most of the time, and Rakitic is not world class. I think we need to make the big investment with young and talented players in Koke and Pogba. Cough up those 150m euros or so, so that our midfield is secure and world-class again.

It's something similar with when we had to offload Alexis and Villa so that Neymar and Suarez could be brought in...

All those other midfielders you mention would struggle to make it at Valencia or Sevilla, let alone Barca.

Bertus

Silva is poor man's Iniesta plus he will soon turn 30. My preferences are either Verrati, Pogba or Koke, if not them then Gundogan or Oliver..

Many of you guys want those players but you're against paying what the clubs and those players are asking for.

If the concerned people that will surely know who they are, really want players like Pogba or Verratti, either accept that they won't lower their demands just because it's Barca or look for somebody else. But then don't complain.

StarLord

Many of you guys want those players but you're against paying what the clubs and those players are asking for.

If the concerned people that will surely know who they are, really want players like Pogba or Verratti, either accept that they won't lower their demands just because it's Barca or look for somebody else. But then don't complain.

Lots of players lowered their demands so that they can play for us, there is nothing new in that.

Players have also made it clear to their clubs that they were only interested in joining Barca. We and Real have this capability.

Bertus

Lots of players lowered their demands so that they can play for us, there is nothing new in that.

Players have also made it clear to their clubs that they were only interested in joining Barca. We and Real have this capability.

I know that, but that's apparently not the case with Pogba or Verratti, nor Koke.

It also didn't happen with TS who clearly said he would not lower his wage just because it's Barcelona.

And there's nothing wrong with it, yet he was treated like shit here after saying that as if it was a crime.

By "don't complain" I meant that.

StarLord

I know that, but that's apparently not the case with Pogba or Verratti, nor Koke.

It also didn't happen with TS who clearly said he would not lower his wage just because it's Barcelona.

And there's nothing wrong with it, yet he was treated like shit here after saying that as if it was a crime.

By "don't complain" I meant that.

Wow! TS was treated like shit on barcaforum!!! I don't know if what you are saying is true (I have no reason to doubt you) but let me just say that if the difference in wages was not massive, then TS made a poor career choice.

Sadly, I see one gem player to replace Andres - Hazard, not gonna happen though.

Totally different type of player. And no, Hazard will probably never play for us. In any case, we have better attacking players than him.

Bertus

Wow! TS was treated like shit on barcaforum!!! I don't know if what you are saying is true (I have no reason to doubt you) but let me just say that if the difference in wages was not massive, then TS made a poor career choice.
He was.

And yeah the difference was quite something.

The problem is not to give an opinion. You can have yours, the problem was the trashing because some people acted as if they were a beautiful man who didn't understand why a woman dared to reject him.

A pure case of fans acting as if their pride were offended.

Gaudi

They are not the same kind of players imo. Nor in the same league (compared to the best years of Inesta)

Andres is one of the best ever in his prime, no doubt...but since we can't clone him we need to move on.

Without disrespect but some of you are, in my opinion, doing to much PC football games. Like all players can play 32 cm on the middle left, with exact coordinates. Hazard is born and rised midfielder, of course he can play in Iniesta's position.

StarLord

He was.

And yeah the difference was quite something.

The problem is not to give an opinion. You can have yours, the problem was the trashing because some people acted as if they were a beautiful man who didn't understand why a woman dared to reject him.

A pure case of fans acting as if their pride were offended.

Well, I don't think it was just the wages though. PSG offered shitloads to AC Milan on top of everything else. I think we did the right thing to reject the signing of TS for two reasons:

a) While he is very good in his position, he is definitely overrated. I genuinely believe that Pique has been better than him this season!

b) He is getting old.

and now that I think of it,

c) Isn't he somewhat injury-prone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans