Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPepper

Really? Varane? Boateng? How are they even better than Pique, let alone the best in the world? Boateng has looked like a fool in the two games against Barca and Varane is barely a starter for RM.

I meant they could be the best in a few years when Silva ends his career, starts to decline or similar. Especially Varane who has incredible talent. Pique could as well of course. As for Bartra for instance, I don't think he'll ever genuinely challenge for the best defender in the world. But I really hope he proves me wrong.

Besides, it is 10 times more difficult to play in a high line like Barca does, than to play for any other team. I am sure if we had bought T.Silva, people would have ripped their own hair out at the mistakes he would be bound to make for us.

Maybe, but considering he's been by far the worlds best defender for the last 5 years now, I'm extremely sure he would've done well. He's twice the player Mascherano is and he is already doing fine.

G

Gasgas

Because Benatia was not at fault for our 2nd goal :lol:

Masche has been great in almost every game. He wasn't good tonight but it's obvious to read some comments like this when a player has a bad performance.

So no CB has ever been responsible for any goal. Even thiago silva has been responsible for goals conceded

DrPepper

Watch our second goal again then. Benatia needlessly steps out of the defensive line and leaves massive space for Suarez. Start @ 0:35 to see how he tries to press (?) Messi who wins the header from Schweinsteiger. If he stays with Suarez nothing happens from that situation.

[youtube]eGQkgFJ7Qtg#t=0m35s[/youtube]

To determine whether a defender alone is responsible for a goal, just ask yourself: "Would Thiago Silva concede this goal?". This one is a clear NO.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Manchester United are very close to confirming a deal for Barcelona right-back Dani Alves, according to Catalan newspaper Sport.

The paper report that the player will snub Barca after United offered him a contract that was ‘far superior’ to the one on the table from the Spanish club.

Leo_Messi

Manchester United are very close to confirming a deal for Barcelona right-back Dani Alves, according to Catalan newspaper Sport.

The paper report that the player will snub Barca after United offered him a contract that was ‘far superior’ to the one on the table from the Spanish club.

No mention of that in Sport whatsoever. Must be the English tabloids bullshitting as usual.

Jombi

Maybe, but considering he's been by far the worlds best defender for the last 5 years now, I'm extremely sure he would've done well. He's twice the player Mascherano is and he is already doing fine.

Its a very different situation. Mascherano was a midfielder when he arrived. Masche even stated once that playing as CB for Barca is more akin to playing midfield for other teams and he prefers to play CB for us. I do not believe Thiago Silva would be considered a world class defender if he played for us.

barcafan161

Pure rubbish iMO

it's already been said he's very close to signing a new 2 year deal with barca

G

Gasgas

Watch our second goal again then. Benatia needlessly steps out of the defensive line and leaves massive space for Suarez. Start @ 0:35 to see how he tries to press (?) Messi who wins the header from Schweinsteiger. If he stays with Suarez nothing happens from that situation.

[youtube]eGQkgFJ7Qtg#t=0m35s[/youtube]

To determine whether a defender alone is responsible for a goal, just ask yourself: "Would Thiago Silva concede this goal?". This one is a clear NO.

Obviously Thiago silva doesnt do these, he is the best CB in the world, and he is not the CB that steps up into midfield anyways. But defenders make these miistakes sometimes, pique mascherano Ramos Boateng, terry eetc. Does this nullify the amoount of talent and ability they have? no!
Even Neur the best GK makes errors at times, even Messi the best dribbler in the world gets dispossesed at times.

A defender in the mould of Benatia because of how good he is, tall and aggressive

DrPepper

Damn, I misread your first post :lol: Thought you said you can't blame defenders for goals.

Of course Benatia is great. I still would've bought him last summer. But well, he chose Bayern.

G

Gasgas

Damn, I misread your first post :lol: Thought you said you can't blame defenders for goals.

Of course Benatia is great. I still would've bought him last summer. But well, he chose Bayern.

Your punishment 200 pushups starting in 3 2 1 .......

I never get the Thiago Silva is the greatest thing cause every time I see him play he gets owned. Same with most of the other overhyped defenders (Kompany, Benetia, Boeteng, Varane. Marquinhos being a notable exception where the hype seems warranted). Its the ones that people never talk about as much that seem to be more solid to me. But to each their own I suppose.

But no, I don't think TS would be good for our defense or any other "normal" defender. The way we play we essentially play with 7.5 midfielders (Messi being the .5). Theres too much of creative/distribution job for most normal defenders to do plus playing that ungodly high line (As Pep tried to replicate and the reality of him not having the right players has been shown two years in a row even after he bought Benetia.). You can't just stick a traditionally skilled cb at half line and tell him to defend half the pitch and expect good results against the best teams.

Last edited:
G

Gasgas

I never get the Thiago Silva is the greatest thing cause every time I see him play he gets owned. Same with most of the other overhyped defenders (Kompany, Benetia, Boeteng, Varane. Marquinhos being a notable exception where the hype seems warranted). Its the ones that people never talk about as much that seem to be more solid to me. But to each their own I suppose.

But no, I don't think TS would be good for our defense or any other "normal" defender. The way we play we essentially play with 7.5 midfielders (Messi being the .5). Theres too much of creative/distribution job for most normal defenders to do plus playing that ungodly high line (As Pep tried to replicate and the reality of him not having the right players has been shown two years in a row even after he bought Benetia.). You can't just stick a traditionally skilled cb at half line and tell him to defend half the pitch and expect good results against the best teams.

Who are those defenders that look solid everytime you see them?
And when you see them is it against the likes of Barca madrid bayern psg or against cordobas burnleys pescara and the likes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans