Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

[youtube]0TlapHagogs[/youtube]

I love the optimism ,but I disagree a bit

It is true that we are having elections because of the ban which is good ,either we get rid of this board with all the fiasco with it or Bartomeu becomes an actually elected president and lose some of the pressure around him
Also it is true that we had a dream merkato ,though it could have been better (Benatia instead of Vermaelen ,a legitimate RB instead of Douglas ) that probably wouldn't have happened without the ban

But :B team relegation isn't perfect timing with the ban ,for starter the B team itself need reinforcement and it won't happen ,also some other players could have been better suited to stay sometime with B team and probably won't

Also nothing guarantee that other Spanish clubs will get the ban .we got warned b4 and we kept ignoring FIFA even after banning some players like Lee which didn't happen with other clubs who corrected things and even if it happens it could affect Liga and consequently us on long term .Calciopoli initially looked to heart Juventus only but the league never been able to get where they was .A mass ban can be danger to Liga

Also ,look at the core players(excluding GK ,we are set at that) and you would would realize that the core of the team is build on players born between 1983&1989 .so by next season the core of the team is built on players between the age of 32 & 26 .the only exception is Neymar(23)
This isn't a young squad and by 2016 I would dare to say it will be an old one .hopefully some of the younger players will step up but if it doesn't happen we will have some work to do to decrease the average age of the team .that work could have been started gradually this summer
Also we aren't buying freely ,not every player would be ok with just training like Vidal and with elections called late this interim board can't negotiate with anyone until late in July .so we are out of the market until last month of it and would still have the ban

Overall ,the ban isn't as bad as it initially looked and actually has done more good than bad for now ,but b4 declaring it as a good thing we would have to wait to see its consequence on the team next couple of seasons

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hindsight is 20/20.

The only reason people are saying the ban is good is because we won the treble and most of our signings turned out to be gems.

The fact is that we're still not able to improve the squad(apart from Vidal, but most players won't come like that). And more importantly, it is a disaster for the B team with many players moving and we not being able to buy players for it, except for promoting Juvenil A players. I guess if we were to get relegated then this was the right time lol. Less pressure and more time for the Juvenil A players promoted to adapt, even though it never should have come down to this, a transfer ban and relegation.

Egert

Estonian Culé
If Denis Suarez (21) returns from loan at Sevilla this summer, he won't be able to play until January because of Fifa ban. [tmw via sport]

Jombi

Mathieu was given a 4 year contract with an option for a 5th year, so he'll be with us at least until 2018, even though he'll be ancient by then.

BBZ8800

Speculating, but could he be a Mathieu replacement for 2016?

Or, the board is looking at the future, and:
1. Mathieu is old
2. Vermaelen is yet to prove that he can stay fit and injury free
3. nobody seems to really take Bartra as a serious starting 11 player
4. Mascherano is a Dmc

So, maybe the board is looking for an actual Cb, who is both:
1. good enough for Barca's team
2. young
3. cheap
4. not injured
5. who is actually a Cb

Maybe he, or some other prospects are Cbs for the next generation of our team...

Antimadridista1

Barca director Braida:"I spoke to Marotta about Pogba. He could be useful to Barcelona. I suggest he join us" via
Barca director Braida:"Next week I'll be in Brazil for Gerson, we have an option to buy him from Fluminese" via

David Amoyal on Twitter, he's working for DiMarzio.

xXKonan

I know a couple of weeks ago their were rumors that we will get Gerson along with Marlon Santos and Kenedy from Fluminese. but No idea if that has changed or not, seems like we will get Gerson at least no idea about the other Two.

xXKonan

I think the question is will he play with the B team or the Main team? Certainly theirs been quite a bit of high profile teams that were after Gerson but I just don't think the dude is ready for any First team action.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think the question is will he play with the B team or the Main team? Certainly theirs been quite a bit of high profile teams that were after Gerson but I just don't think the dude is ready for any First team action.

We're not gonna spend 20m for a B team player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans