Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

Atleast for us, when all the good players are already signed up and we desperatly sign Douglas and Vermaelen type of players.

Stric

Or if Enrique has more "courage" against small to medium level teams :

[formation=barca,6]
Bravo
0-0-0-Piqué-0-0-Mathieu
0-Alves-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Mascherano-0-0-0
Rakitic-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

A back three can work if all three are more CB-type defender. A back three with Alves is suicide.

Bartra-Pique-Mathieu could work, but not in big games. Why change a winning formula, anyway? Xavi's departure only means we need a strong sub. He wasn't starting most matches this season, either.

anguy

A back three can work if all three are more CB-type defender. A back three with Alves is suicide. Bartra-Pique-Mathieu could work, but not in big games.

Even in small games 3-4-3 would be problematic. Our 4-3-3 is actually more offensive than 3-4-3, because fullbacks contribute to our attack a lot. So against small teams our 4-3-3 in fact looks like 2-1-4-3 (or 2-1-5-2 with Messi dropping back):

[formation=barca,6]
GK
0-0-Pique-0-Masch-0-0
0-0-0-Busq-0-0-0
0-0-Rakitic-0-0-0-0
Alves-0-0-0-Iniesta-0-0
0-Messi-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation] with Alves and Alba joining mifield. That is far more attacking than with 3 CBs.Mathieu and Bartra would be unable to contribute significantly to the offense on our flanks, so 3-4-3 would be worse against teams that park bus and less flexible too.

Last edited:

GoGGi

Defender Marlon is the third of three Fluminense players that Barça are keeping their eye on and considered by many he is the new Thiago Silva.

Stric

Even in small games 3-4-3 would be problematic. Our 4-3-3 is actually more offensive than 3-4-3, because fullbacks contribute to our attack a lot. So against small teams our 4-3-3 in fact looks like 2-1-4-3 (or 2-1-5-2 with Messi dropping back):

[formation=barca,6]
GK
0-0-Pique-0-Masch-0-0
0-0-0-Busq-0-0-0
0-0-Rakitic-0-0-0-0
Alves-0-0-0-Iniesta-0-0
0-Messi-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation] with Alves and Alba joining mifield. That is far more attacking than with 3 CBs.Mathieu and Bartra would be unable to contribute significantly to the offense on our flanks, so 3-4-3 would be worse against teams that park bus and less flexible too.

I agree and I started thinking about the exact same thing after I posted that. Yes, under the assumption that a back three actually stays back the whole time, a 3-4-3 is less attacking than our current 4-3-3. A back three in which the left and right defenders would still move forward to some degree would be extremely risky, though.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Everton will pay 6M for Gerard Deulofeu (21), who will sign a 3+1 year deal. Buy-back options of 9M in 2016 and 12M in 2017. [sport]

Xavinho

Defender Marlon is the third of three Fluminense players that Barça are keeping their eye on and considered by many he is the new Thiago Silva.

Even Thiago Silva agrees!

untitled-1_1.jpg

Mexcelona

we shouldn't change something that works
4-3-3 should stay till neymar+messi retire

just because our right back is getting older or we have too many centerbacks now doesn't mean we should change the whole structure.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Benedito (presidential candidate): "I talked with Juve president Agnelli and Pogba. They ask 80M transfer fee and 12m net salary." [8tv]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans