Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilS

Barca's acquisition strategy is different than other clubs, which is not reflected in the long wish lists of so many of the posters on this thread. The team is not big on acquiring lots of players who just maybe could improve the team. When it buys a player, more likely than not he is almost a sure thing.

Recent sure things: Neymar, Alba, Cesc, even Alexis. Longer shots were Song and Afellay, who were brought in at the end of a transfer period after other attempts failed or in January when there were many injuries.

The team is willing to bring in Maybe players from La Masia, though they have to prove worthly to stay more than a year or two or three. We'll have to see if any of Bartra, Tello, S. Roberto or Montoya can follow Busquets and Pedro as permanent pro or motions. I'm betting on Bartra, the others are still Maybes.

Barca already has Xavi's replacement, Cesc will go into the first 11 when Xavi's role lessens. No, he will not be Xavi, nor will Iniesta transform into Xavi, but Barca will still have 2 damn fine starting attacking midfielders.

Icarium

Lifestealer
We should definitely get Eto'o this summer. I think his contract is only for 1 year, so money will not be a problem. It will be a problem if he wants to stay at chelsea. He will be perfect for striker backup as he knows barca very well and have good relationship with them.

NeyMesSis

We should definitely get Eto'o this summer. I think his contract is only for 1 year, so money will not be a problem. It will be a problem if he wants to stay at chelsea. He will be perfect for striker backup as he knows barca very well and have good relationship with them.

money no problem? look at hsi wages man

psychotsek

CFC are in desperate need of a decent DM and if the rumours about David Luiz are to be taken seriously then we could use Song plus cash to get him.
Move Masch to the midfield and rotate Pique,Bartra and Luiz as starters.Puyol could get a few games and Bagnack or any other young player could have the room to develop.

PhilS

Using Dongou if any additional forwards are needed over the second half sounds like the Barca way. Dongou can bang in goals now for the first team, he's already convinced me. He'll get just a few games this season, the same next season, and maybe even the year after that. That way, he will ease into the first team while still getting plenty of playing time with Barca B. By the time he gets promoted, maybe Messi's minutes will lessen, so backing him up will be a real job.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Using Dongou if any additional forwards are needed over the second half sounds like the Barca way. Dongou can bang in goals now for the first team, he's already convinced me. He'll get just a few games this season, the same next season, and maybe even the year after that. That way, he will ease into the first team while still getting plenty of playing time with Barca B. By the time he gets promoted, maybe Messi's minutes will lessen, so backing him up will be a real job.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a limit to the number of first team appearances you can make before you are ruled ineligible to play for the B team again?

Barcilliant

I love Eto but this must be the dumbest thing I've heard. He is waaay past it. He is not the big, physical striker we need. His wages are high. We have guys like Dongou who need minutes.

I'd rather get Drogba.

fcbdna

Banned
CFC are in desperate need of a decent DM and if the rumours about David Luiz are to be taken seriously then we could use Song plus cash to get him.
Move Masch to the midfield and rotate Pique,Bartra and Luiz as starters.Puyol could get a few games and Bagnack or any other young player could have the room to develop.

Song is NOT a DM!!!!!!

Howes

If we're talking about strikers, I'd love Dimitar Berbatov as a cheap but effective target man on top, know he's not going to press the opposition but he'd be a great plan B off the bench

Leaving on a free next summer as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans