Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimadridista1

Can someone please explain this obsession with Gundogan??

PLEASE-I want an explanation. Our midfield (which was our greatest strength) is getting dominated nowadays. NOONE CAN REPLACE Xavi! He is a once in a generation player. Getting someone like Gundogan and expecting him to do a Xavi is foolish and counter productive. Our problem with the midfield is its too small and weak. Busi is a fantastic player BUT even he suffers when we go up against physically superior opposition who have a degree of skill. This will be a massive problem against City cause I expect Yaya to have a massive game and City will probably dominate our midfield and cause us problems.

We need someone like Vidal. Strong, skilfull, huge work rate, defence, offence and a pretty damn good goal scorer to boot. We miss the Keitas, Yayas, Abidals etc. We have NO physical presence whatsoever. Busquets, Pique, Batra are tall but weak as piss. Busquets and Pique are weak in the air and Batra is just about average.

Forget Gundogan-it aint gonna happen.

Agreed...
That's what I'm saying for a long time, that's what I said last season before we played against Bayern Munich. I knew that the likes of Javier Martinez, Schweini would make a lot of problem to XavIniesta and Busquets because they are way more physical and their pressing didn't allow our midfield to "play".

Concerning Gundogan, I really think that he would be a great player for our squad. He's certainly the midfielder who looks the more like Xavi + he defends a lot / unlike Xavi.

However, I really think that a new midfielder with different abilities (Strong physically, a little bit taller than the likes of Xavi and Iniesta -> 1m80/85 would be ideal) can be useful for our squad. We shouldn't forget that Xavi is 34 and that for the moment, we have no one else who can play at his position.

Vidal and Gundogan are the best options imo.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Anyone think we're gonna see a winter transfer and particulary a CB? I think we may be in for a suprise this time, hopefully ;)

Neymessi

The Ter Stegen rumors are getting more frequent. Not a big fan of that.

When rumours increase it means that something is surely going on. I think officially a lot would have been negotiated with and it will be a matter of time when it becomes official.

Egert

Estonian Culé

We should get Balanta anyways. He looks to me the "Next Puyol" because he isnt very tall and still can jump high and head the ball and his defending is really good. If Tata doesnt want to play him then atleast he would be an awesome backup.

Djab

We wont be getting anyone not with this management in charge

Well, yeah.
There are plenty of young prospects and defenders who can come And improve
our defence line. But Zubi will go after Silva again and over and over with ignoring
existence of likes of Musacchio or Balanta.

And if Mata was a CM instead of an attacking midfielder I think we could go for him.
BTW do we have someone to be good in Xavi role, with the exception of Samper !?

Edit:
Management is monitoring Luiz's situation and has made an enquiry. As Lol.com
is suggesting.:coffee:

Last edited:

Barcilliant

So Chelsea are supposedly lining up Zouma for 10 mil and will fleece us for 25-30 according to some reports. I like Luiz but Musacchio or Balanta would be better options. Cheaper and not cup tied. Ter Stegen is probably a done deal.

Howes

Luiz played Chelsea's last game in Midfield :(

Chelsea announced losses of £40mil + last week, and are trying to sign zouma so a player sale would seem sensible.

Luiz would be a great fit, but for £20mil hell no :)

Also has Bartra signed a contract extension yet ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans