Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
MD saying 80m. Meh. SPORT prob trying not to fall behind MD in the BS race.

Nothing's gonna happen until after elections. Just trying to gain Barto some more votes as it's been ever since he announced for elections.

Egert

Estonian Culé
This mid-July thing is probably bs. New board will be in charge after 18th July I think and after that things only will get going.

Barcelona prepare an 80+10M bid for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba (22). The player would stay at the Italian club for another year. [sport]

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Doing just well in Portugal isn't enough IMO.

He hasn't just done well in Portugal though. He had an excellent short loan at Villarreal, in Spain, and he was bossing it there as well, constantly retaining the ball, and his passing accuracy was through the roof like 90+% as a 19 year old.

Again, the only reason why Atletico keep loaning him out is because have Koke and the way they play now, they don't have a use for Oliver's skill set at the moment.

But I have a feeling that's going to change here soon judging from the players Simeone has signed (continues to win my admiration with every passing season). A 4-3-3 might suit them more since Martinez came from that system and if so, that opens up a spot for Oliver.

The truth of the matter is Iniesta and Rakitic, at least for two seasons, aren't going anywhere and they will be Lucho's go to pairing. Xavi only rotated those two and in truth, that's all his replacement needs to do at the time being as well. Oliver would have at least 2 seasons to grow into his role here and he could take Xavi's role and make it his own here. I feel exactly the same way about Rafinha taking over for Iniesta, he just needs to stay patient, more so than his brother, and bid his time. If he keeps progressing the way he has (he has a big chance before the January replacement can play), he can be exactly what we need as well.

Investing in your youth when you have a true engrained style that won't change from manager to manager will always one way or another pay off.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Barcelona prepare an 80+10M bid for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba (22). The player would stay at the Italian club for another year. [sport]

How much money do we actually have to keep coming up with these blockbuster deals?

90 million evaluation, that's insane.

Another thing too with this deal, wtf happens if he has a serious injury? He'll play all season at Juve and they need him to be the go to. Huge gamble, paying way over the top just to get a player next year? A lot can happen in a year.

All just for a publicity stunt so Barto can get re-elected. Awesome.

Have a feeling he's gonna win this now :facepalm:

BBZ8800

How much money do we actually have to keep coming up with these blockbuster deals?

90 million evaluation, that's insane.

Another thing too with this deal, wtf happens if he has a serious injury? He'll play all season at Juve and they need him to be the go to. Huge gamble, paying way over the top just to get a player next year? A lot can happen in a year.

All just for a publicity stunt so Barto can get re-elected. Awesome.

Have a feeling he's gonna win this now :facepalm:

Paying 90-100M for a player who will come in summer 2016 is the dumbest idea ever.

I just wonder who is the mastermind of that awesome idea.
A bunch of idiots and :clown::clown:

A player can get injured, get a total drop in form, a player can make some major scandal etc.
You are either buying a player NOW or not.

If you can't buy him this summer or or in January 2016, then don't bid for him.
Well done, Barto the :clown:

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona will on Wednesday make a first formal offer for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba (22), as official start of the transfer talks. [md]

BBZ8800

Am I the only one here who doesn't want Pogba?

You are not the only one who doesn't:
1. want him here at all
2. want him for 90-100 Millions
3. want him with 10-12M wages
4. want him currently when we have a treble winning team and we don't need changes in the starting 11
5. want him to sign now and come in summer 2016, lol, this is the dumbest transfer ever

Barto's style :clown:

At least they will sign him for 2016, they could have postponed the transfer to 2017 or 2018, lol.
Knowing their stupid decisions, I wouldn't be surprised if Barto signs him now for 100M, pays 100M right away, pays his wages, loan him to Juve.

They won't do that many stupid things, of course.
But this transfer is not that far from it.

Kuchi

I am kinda 50-50 on him, the only reason I would like him here would be because of his physical abilities (tall, strong, should defend pretty well) as those attributes make him a good fit in Lucho's system. I didn't follow him that much, but the games I saw didn't really impress me in terms of vision & CM work, but rather physical boosts here and there. So that's why I have my doubts, he has potential and a CM with his age and abilities absorbing the Barca CM DNA, would make a huge long term impact. But at that price he's a huge gamble.

As i said, the only thing shifting the balance, is the potential work rate and solidness of Pogba-Sergio-Raki.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Juventus' asking price for Paul Pogba is 80M. Barcelona hope for lower fee if he stays until 2016. Chelsea and City already made bids. [md]

Cule4life

The Culest
1. We have Iniesta and Rakitic. We only need depth. The idea of Pogba on the bench or disrupting a treble winning team( like Cesc) is dumber than the people who follow kim kardashian. We can make do with Rafinha, Dennis etc. or sign cheaper alternatives like kovacic who'll accept the bench.

2. If against all sense we have to get him, anything over 50m transfer fee and 5m net in wages(taking into account current inflated market) is more insane than Hannibal Lecter

khaled_a_d

He hasn't just done well in Portugal though. He had an excellent short loan at Villarreal, in Spain, and he was bossing it there as well, constantly retaining the ball, and his passing accuracy was through the roof like 90+% as a 19 year old.

Again, the only reason why Atletico keep loaning him out is because have Koke and the way they play now, they don't have a use for Oliver's skill set at the moment.

But I have a feeling that's going to change here soon judging from the players Simeone has signed (continues to win my admiration with every passing season). A 4-3-3 might suit them more since Martinez came from that system and if so, that opens up a spot for Oliver.

The truth of the matter is Iniesta and Rakitic, at least for two seasons, aren't going anywhere and they will be Lucho's go to pairing. Xavi only rotated those two and in truth, that's all his replacement needs to do at the time being as well. Oliver would have at least 2 seasons to grow into his role here and he could take Xavi's role and make it his own here. I feel exactly the same way about Rafinha taking over for Iniesta, he just needs to stay patient, more so than his brother, and bid his time. If he keeps progressing the way he has (he has a big chance before the January replacement can play), he can be exactly what we need as well.

Investing in your youth when you have a true engrained style that won't change from manager to manager will always one way or another pay off.

I don't think he was bossing it at all tbh ,he was solid but that's it
We are investing in youth who fit our style ,we have already bought 19 years old D.Suarez in 2013 and 18 years old Halilovic last year .but those players costed 3 & 5 (?) Millions not 36+taxes .that is the investement in youth .we also keep growing our own players like Samper & Rafinha
Torres for now hasn't proven to be worth the gamble ,he is talented but so are many players .he need to prove himself more to be worth that kind of money.
Bottom line ,is he a player to keep an eye on?sure .is he a player to sign now or big deal?no

khaled_a_d

1. We have Iniesta and Rakitic. We only need depth. The idea of Pogba on the bench or disrupting a treble winning team( like Cesc) is dumber than the people who follow kim kardashian. We can make do with Rafinha, Dennis etc. or sign cheaper alternatives like kovacic who'll accept the bench.

Again ,Iniesta has been on clear decline for 2 years now .the good end of the past season doesn't change that .he is 31 now and for a player with his age and being on decline since he was 29 it isn't expected that he will suddenly regain his form and consistency .Iniesta was widely considered the weakest link during the season .many even thought he was undeserving his starter spot and Xavi was doing better whenever he played
In 2016 Iniesta will be 32 and probably it will be time to be the one on bench ,to keep his leg fresh at least .
A very good replacement for him in the starting lineup is needed .whether it is Pogba or someone else
Also I don't get the assumptions about Koavic ?He won't accept a bench role when he can be starter in either Inter or Liverpool .he also won't come cheap .Inter aren't stupid .they have already rejected 30M offer last year and now he is worth even more and looking at the market he won't cost less than 40M at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans