Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLord

1. We have Iniesta and Rakitic. We only need depth. The idea of Pogba on the bench or disrupting a treble winning team( like Cesc) is dumber than the people who follow kim kardashian. We can make do with Rafinha, Dennis etc. or sign cheaper alternatives like kovacic who'll accept the bench.

2. If against all sense we have to get him, anything over 50m transfer fee and 5m net in wages(taking into account current inflated market) is more insane than Hannibal Lecter

Both Iniesta and Rakitic were under-par in several games the past season. In fact, most of us in here noted that our midfield is the only weakness of our current team. Yes, Iniesta showed up for the big games (as he does on 90% of the occasions) but otherwise he was very poor (and I am his biggest fan) Rakitic also, was not always too convincing. Yeah, he has been of great utility for the team but I am certain that our current midfield can be significantly upgraded.

BBZ8800

Also I don't get the assumptions about Koavic ?He won't accept a bench role when he can be starter in either Inter or Liverpool .he also won't come cheap .Inter aren't stupid .they have already rejected 30M offer last year and now he is worth even more and looking at the market he won't cost less than 40M at least

I think that Kovacic wouldn't have any problems to be a rotation-squad player in the first 1-2 Seasons until Iniesta totally declines, unlike Pogba.

Yes, he is a starter at Inter, but this is Barca. We offer much more, long term...
Imo, he would easily accept being a squad player at first and later to take a first 11 spot.

He is 21, he doesn't have a fancy haircut, there is no too much fuss around him, his agents are not filthy rats, Kovacic is not asking for a 12M wages in the first Season here (lol).

For any sane person (Barto is not included here), there are other reasonable alternatives beside Pogba.
But, our board has already proven in the last 4-5 years that they always want ONLY ONE player (like Neymar, Suarez, Thiago Silva) and that they will go ALL IN only for that guy, and that they won't consider anybody else.

Also, if needed, the board will cheat, and make 100s of frauds of all kinds to get the player whom they want.

So, if we look at the history, it is pretty safe to say that Barto sees only Pogba and no one else.

So, we can like or dislike Pogba.
But this stupid board won't consider any other player.
It will be ALL IN on fucking Pogba and that's it.
He will come here for 100M, for 12M wages and in 2016, lol.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Again ,Iniesta has been on clear decline for 2 years now .the good end of the past season doesn't change that .he is 31 now and for a player with his age and being on decline since he was 29 it isn't expected that he will suddenly regain his form and consistency .Iniesta was widely considered the weakest link during the season .many even thought he was undeserving his starter spot and Xavi was doing better whenever he played
In 2016 Iniesta will be 32 and probably it will be time to be the one on bench ,to keep his leg fresh at least .
A very good replacement for him in the starting lineup is needed .whether it is Pogba or someone else
Also I don't get the assumptions about Koavic ?He won't accept a bench role when he can be starter in either Inter or Liverpool .he also won't come cheap .Inter aren't stupid .they have already rejected 30M offer last year and now he is worth even more and looking at the market he won't cost less than 40M at least

Totally agree on the Iniesta issue . He was my fave Barca player for a few years but I don't even have him as a starter now. . as the previous guy alluded ... he had a few ' moments 'at the end of the season but he's a shadow of the player he was IMHO . I'd keep him as an 'impact' player for the last 30 minutes of a match ..

Zincubus

Banned
Both Iniesta and Rakitic were under-par in several games the past season. In fact, most of us in here noted that our midfield is the only weakness of our current team. Yes, Iniesta showed up for the big games (as he does on 90% of the occasions) but otherwise he was very poor (and I am his biggest fan) Rakitic also, was not always too convincing. Yeah, he has been of great utility for the team but I am certain that our current midfield can be significantly upgraded.

^^^^ This ^^^

khaled_a_d

I think that Kovacic wouldn't have any problems to be a rotation-squad player in the first 1-2 Seasons until Iniesta totally declines, unlike Pogba.

Yes, he is a starter at Inter, but this is Barca. We offer much more, long term...
Imo, he would easily accept being a squad player at first and later to take a first 11 spot.

He is 21, he doesn't have a fancy haircut, there is no too much fuss around him, his agents are not filthy rats, Kovacic is not asking for a 12M wages in the first Season here (lol).

For any sane person (Barto is not included here), there are other reasonable alternatives beside Pogba.
But, our board has already proven in the last 4-5 years that they always want ONLY ONE player (like Neymar, Suarez, Thiago Silva) and that they will go ALL IN only for that guy, and that they won't consider anybody else.

Also, if needed, the board will cheat, and make 100s of frauds of all kinds to get the player whom they want.

So, if we look at the history, it is pretty safe to say that Barto sees only Pogba and no one else.

So, we can like or dislike Pogba.
But this stupid board won't consider any other player.
It will be ALL IN on fucking Pogba and that's it.
He will come here for 100M, for 12M wages and in 2016, lol.

There is nothing wrong in having a fancy haircut or having 2nd best football agent in the world if you are humble guy with gr8 work ethic ,Pogba is both
As for Kovacic ,I don't think we offer much more longterm .Kovacic knows if he kept developing with starter minutes somewhere else clubs like Barca/RM/Bayern/Manu will knock his door eventually .
It is already well known that we are a club that favors our own La Masia and fans like them more and we already have one in Rafinha in addition to other talent .we offer him way too many risks just because we are Barce ?honestly smart decision is to pass on Barca .and even if he decided to accept coming here we will have to negotiate with Inter and they are asking for a big deal .if they sell Kovacic they will be eyeing huge deal to rplace him with 3 or 4 quality players

Zincubus

Banned
I am kinda 50-50 on him, the only reason I would like him here would be because of his physical abilities (tall, strong, should defend pretty well) as those attributes make him a good fit in Lucho's system. I didn't follow him that much, but the games I saw didn't really impress me in terms of vision & CM work, but rather physical boosts here and there. So that's why I have my doubts, he has potential and a CM with his age and abilities absorbing the Barca CM DNA, would make a huge long term impact. But at that price he's a huge gamble.

As i said, the only thing shifting the balance, is the potential work rate and solidness of Pogba-Sergio-Raki.
That last paragraph is spot on , bud.
Get those three running midfield , supplemented by our amazing front three and bob's your father's brother .

Siberia

Lol people blaming the board for wanting Pogba while Laporta has said multiple times that he also wants him.

Smh if we really buy him, Im gonna be so pissed. way too expensive and has written flop all over it. Will be ibrahimovic v2

Stric

Iniesta and Rakitić were sub-par in several games last season? Well fuck me then, we should go out and buy someone who will play all 40+ games at their absolute best. We can't have players ever playing at any level lower than their very best, regardless of the freaking treble we won. :lol: I just don't get these arguments. The declining Iniesta and sub-par Rakitić were the basis of our midfield the entire season, a season in which we won every competition we took part in. Would you bench Iniesta/Rakitić for Pogba? Because that's what will happen. You don't buy a 80M player and put him on the bench. And you don't change a winning formula.

1. We have Iniesta and Rakitic. We only need depth. The idea of Pogba on the bench or disrupting a treble winning team( like Cesc) is dumber than the people who follow kim kardashian. We can make do with Rafinha, Dennis etc. or sign cheaper alternatives like kovacic who'll accept the bench.

2. If against all sense we have to get him, anything over 50m transfer fee and 5m net in wages(taking into account current inflated market) is more insane than Hannibal Lecter

Dead on, every word of it.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Our midfield being weak is a myth btw. It is hard to stand out when you have an attacking trio of Messi, Suarez and Neymar in your team. Busi is a beast anyway, Raki played an outstanding season and Iniesta was not as spectacuar as usual in his new role but peaked at the end of the season where he was awesome too.

BBZ8800

Iniesta and Rakitić were sub-par in several games last season? Well fuck me then, we should go out and buy someone who will play all 40+ games at their absolute best. We can't have players ever playing at any level lower than their very best, regardless of the freaking treble we won. :lol: I just don't get these arguments. The declining Iniesta and sub-par Rakitić were the basis of our midfield the entire season, a season in which we won every competition we took part in. Would you bench Iniesta/Rakitić for Pogba? Because that's what will happen. You don't buy a 80M player and put him on the bench. And you don't change a winning formula.

Plus, we won like 95% of ALL matches since Sociedad's game.

And people would "ruin/improve" that midfield, lol.

Cesc Fabregas, 2nd episode, coming in Pogba.
Enjoy, people

khaled_a_d

Plus, we won like 95% of ALL matches since Sociedad's game.

And people would "ruin/improve" that midfield, lol.

Cesc Fabregas, 2nd episode, coming in Pogba.
Enjoy, people

So by winning the treble we don't need to sign players and there is no room for iprovement? yup that seem legit
the same argument was made about Xavi 3 years ago and he should have actually been replaced in the starting lineup back during Tito's season but we have done it 2 years late .
Father time is unbeatable ,period .even the greatest players in the history of the game had to be replaced when getting older.Iniesta is no exception .Messi won't be exception .nobody will
Whether it is Pogba or not ,we should be eyeing Iniesta replacement in the starting lineup in 2016 .players decline with age .and when a players have been already showing signs of decline for sometime at his age it means you need to start working on his replacement rather than living in denial

Stric

So by winning the treble we don't need to sign players and there is no room for iprovement? yup that seem legit
the same argument was made about Xavi 3 years ago and he should have actually been replaced in the starting lineup back during Tito's season but we have done it 2 years late .
Father time is unbeatable ,period .even the greatest players in the history of the game had to be replaced when getting older.Iniesta is no exception .Messi won't be exception .nobody will
Whether it is Pogba or not ,we should be eyeing Iniesta replacement in the starting lineup in 2016 .players decline with age .and when a players have been already showing signs of decline for sometime at his age it means you need to start working on his replacement rather than living in denial

With a squad as good as ours, we either need to sign players to make significant improvements or to cover the gaps that are created when other players leave the club. Xavi left after being on the bench for most of the season. Kovačić would be a perfect signing, in that context. Relatively low wages, and a player who's not expected to play every game for the time being. Other than that gap, our midfield doesn't need a significant improvement, i.e. a starter, for the next few seasons. By that time, Rafinha will have probably improved a lot, and if we got Kovačić, he would be a contender, as well. The time for Pogba is absolutely wrong, and the financial circumstances of signing him are just fucking insane and cannot possibly be justified.

khaled_a_d

With a squad as good as ours, we either need to sign players to make significant improvements or to cover the gaps that are created when other players leave the club. Xavi left after being on the bench for most of the season. Kovačić would be a perfect signing, in that context. Relatively low wages, and a player who's not expected to play every game for the time being. Other than that gap, our midfield doesn't need a significant improvement, i.e. a starter, for the next few seasons. By that time, Rafinha will have probably improved a lot, and if we got Kovačić, he would be a contender, as well. The time for Pogba is absolutely wrong, and the financial circumstances of signing him are just fucking insane and cannot possibly be justified.

Again,Kovacic won't be cheap and he very good chance he won't be ok with coming to compete with Rafinha and other young players in the "who might turn to be starter in Barca in a couple of years" game
and Again ,Iniesta is getting older .he isn't 26 anymore ,and his decline has been clear for most people .he will need to be replaced soon .and by soon I mean one year from now-most likely- or 2years at the very max .if people think Iniesta can be starter after that they are delusional to say at least
Being gr8 this season doesn't mean we will be gr8 the next ,in 2011 we were 1 game away from winning the treble .next year we just won CDR and in the 3 years between 2011-2012 and 2013-2014 we won only Liga and CDR total because the sporting directo genius beieved we had good squad that doesn't need many signings .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans