Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ok, not you Alen, but in general, I see that some people here have turned on their revisionism mode now on Pogba.
And now it sounds as if Pogba was awesome for years in Seria A, how he was awesome in NT team etc.

So, the only way to turn-off the revisionism mode is to read some posts from 2014, then we will be able to see what people thought about Pogba in summer 2014.

So, let's check whether he was that awesome and respected back then, as some claim now:
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/11150-Paul-Pogba/page13

People should read 5-10 pages about World cup and his performances, it is fun.

For example:

I respect you because even when you're biased, you try to make sense. So yeah, Pogba's not the second coming of Christ, but he would be a great Iniesta replacement in the long run. He's definitely not worth the money but he would start here and no one would say he lacks quality. Pogba's not a forward so we won't be expecting an insane number goals, we want work rate, passing and offensive contribution. He can do that. My advice, do what i do and imagine we will buy him for 50M. :lol:

Btw, quotes from a year ago don't mean much. Especially after games. Revisionism is allowed, people's opinions change with time.

F

Flavia

As Bartomeu hired Braida for signing Pogba, I think there's a very big change Enrique wants him. And if the coach wants a player, he probably has an idea on how to use him.

xXKonan

Juventus prefer to sell Pogba next year to Barcelona (bid: 80+10M) than this summer to Chelsea (50M + Oscar) or Man City (100M). [sport]

G

Gasgas

It had nothing to do with Ibra being humble or not. Messi was to be false 9 and that was that. Purely on pep and Messi.
Besides, pep and laporta knew what they were getting with Ibra. Did they think he would play on the wing? :lol:

so with ibra they took a big risk but for a wrong player, instead of a winger they brought a striker. but in pogba's case for example we are buying just what we need, a midfielder, good enough to start in el classico for example, and also very young and can last with us for years and fulfill his already world class potential. big risk, big rewards. with kovacic, or torres you get a player who is not quite ready for the biggest of stages, and furthermore we get an extra player who has potential but can not be trusted for the grandest of all schemes (in addition to samper, rafinha and denis)
i think a midfield of busquets rakitic pogba iniesta rafinhaz, suare and samper has more to offer in the big stages than
busquets, raki, ini, kovacic, rafinha, suarez, samper. in the latter midfield 4 out of 7 players are inexperienced and not exactly trusted, but in the former 4 of the 7 can all be trusted to start an el classico, or uefa knockout game or a game vs sevilla and other hard teams

khaled_a_d

Saviola was the best young player on U-19 or U-20 (or whatever tournaments).
The same as Diego in the past, Sinama Pongolle, Le Tallec and 100s of other players.

I don't rate that high U-xx tournaments, because again, you play against kids there.
Wan't Deulo also very good in youth NT teams?

I watched WC last year and wasn't impressed at all with Pogba and his impact (I remember that someone said that there was virtually no difference when Pogba was on the field and when he was subbed off).

So, in the end, we are paying 80-100 Millions for his Seria A plays and for his enormous (perfectly hyped) potential?

Again, that doesn't mean that he won't turn into a next Neymar.
But he can easily turn into another player who hasn't reached his hyped potential from this or that reason.

I know, I know, you need to take risks sometimes.
But 80-100 M risk in moments when we have a perfect treble winning team is still not worthy in my eyes.
Not even close.

Ok, at least someone was impressed by his performances at WC...

Again,what is your point? He is 22 and noway he would have played for France in Euro 2012 and so there was nothing more to achive .NT performance are the most overrated thing in football when it comes to assess a transfer target .again Pogba had achieved the most he could .you can say Saviola win the U_20 WC too (though he didn't play in WC at 21 like Pogba) and we can Say Maradona and Messi won it too .again there is nothing legit in that argument .there was nothing more he could have done at his age and NT achievement is a bit overrated specially that young
Serie A is one of the top leagues in the world ,same league Kovacic playing in and finishing 10th and yet many argue he is perfect fit eventhough he would realistically cost at least 40M while being unproven as it gets
La Liga is currently the toughest league in the world ,top league in every ranking from FIFA to UEFA ,whoever we are gonna sign out of Liga won't be proven as from Liga .and then Liga player we can get are most probably not proven in CL .we have to risk

I can agree with the last 2 paragraphs for sure
Yes ,Pogba is risk,huge one .no one is denying the risk .and most of those who want him aknowledege his defincies and realize he will be overpriced .I think it is fair to ask for those who don't want him to stop talking about his hair cut or forcing issues like having a gr8 agent or saying he is just a highlight youtube kid .kid was proven at every level he could ,even had a good game against us in the final despite being youngest player on Pitch IIRC .he isn't Messi or Cr7 to expect more .no one claimed he is .he is gr8 player and he could work well if the coach actually sees him as a player fit in the system and if he actually fit in that model .he will be bust if he couldn't

Last edited:
G

Gasgas

Ibra just doesnt fit our system. No matter what his attitude is. Same with Cesc.

I dont like this "galactico at all costs" approach, instead of being shrewd in the market. Election candidates love it though.

it's not a galactico if we are buying a player we actually need. buy danilo for 90 M while you have an excellent starting RB in your team that's a galactico. buying bale for 800M while you have excellent players in ozil and di maria and have already bought isco as well that's a galactico. or james while you have a working dimaria

buying a 21 year old pogba who is one of the top 5 midfielders right now, to fill a void left by a legend in xavi wo will work right into our team and also cover once iniesta leaves and who is visibly losing consistency and is sowing all signs of aging or not thriving with the system (whatever you see as the right explanation)
and etc etc that cant be a galactico.
prices have gone up, players cost a lot more, we go after the quality that we need, if that quality costs much we pay for it because we need it. we go for a player we need and pay up, that is not galactico. note again the word need

G

Gasgas

:iniesta: Born May 11th 1984.

He's still in his prime as a footballer.

not all players are the same though
Saviola was the best young player on U-19 or U-20 (or whatever tournaments).
The same as Diego in the past, Sinama Pongolle, Le Tallec and 100s of other players.

I don't rate that high U-xx tournaments, because again, you play against kids there.
Wan't Deulo also very good in youth NT teams?

I watched WC last year and wasn't impressed at all with Pogba and his impact (I remember that someone said that there was virtually no difference when Pogba was on the field and when he was subbed off).

So, in the end, we are paying 80-100 Millions for his Seria A plays and for his enormous (perfectly hyped) potential?

Again, that doesn't mean that he won't turn into a next Neymar.
But he can easily turn into another player who hasn't reached his hyped potential from this or that reason.

I know, I know, you need to take risks sometimes.
But 80-100 M risk in moments when we have a perfect treble winning team is still not worthy in my eyes.
Not even close.

Ok, at least someone was impressed by his performances at WC...
wow, i was impressed, and he was one of the players me and friends talked about a lot during the world cup, my roommate was very impressed by his passes and vision from deep,
i didnt watch him that much but i was impressed whenevr i saw him

khaled_a_d

It had nothing to do with Ibra being humble or not. Messi was to be false 9 and that was that. Purely on pep and Messi.
Besides, pep and laporta knew what they were getting with Ibra. Did they think he would play on the wing? :lol:

Although Henry/Eto/Messi switched places a lot during 2009 ,Messi became false 9 after Ibra joined .Ibra himself said that and said it was one of the reasons he was dissapointed by them IIRC .niether Laporta or Pep or anyone thought they would put Ibra on the wing when he joined because they didn't know the future
That said ,Ibra is a bit to blame too ,he basically threw the towel in the second half of the season than trying at least to adapt a little .didn't he walked less than Valdes against the 2 games against Inter?

xXKonan

Main obstacle for transfer of Paul Pogba are his salary demands of 12M net per season, which would break the current wage structure. [ser]

Egert

Estonian Culé
So as far as I can see this, only thing is his salary right now which keeps us away from reaching a deal. I think if the agreement is reached, then it will be confirmed by the new board or something like that.

Laporta (presidential candidate): "I think that, if I become Barça president, Pogba will play at Barcelona." [cope]

Hamzah

High Definition Member
le-psg-lui-propose-un-pont-d-or-pogba-refuse-pogba-14,110645.jpg

This level of swag doesn't pay for itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans