Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoever it is, I have faith in Lucho's choice. You really don't need 11 world class players to win trophies (or all!) as proven many times over.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pogiba will come regardless, it seems. They are talking about a player from La Liga if reports are true.
Re. Pogba, I won't like it as I don't like greedy little turds that haven't proven anything. But I'll have faith in Lucho if that's what he wants.

Siberia

I dont think Lucho even wants Pogba. smh Im hating this, we dont need him. Look at his wage demands. He'd be the most paid player after Messi.

StarLord

Pogiba will come regardless, it seems. They are talking about a player from La Liga if reports are true.
Re. Pogba, I won't like it as I don't like greedy little turds that haven't proven anything. But I'll have faith in Lucho if that's what he wants.

Yeah, it seems that Pogba will be with us come next summer. It seems highly likely that this is the case, the club seem to want him badly and since we can match City/Chelsea/PSG financially, then our superior prestige wins the day.

I think Pogba is a very solid talent, but we are going to overpay for him. If he can at least genuinely improve the team, then that will be OK in the end.

As for the La Liga midfielder? I am guessing it will be A. Turan from Atleti.

i_bleed_blaugrana

What about Denis Suarez? I didn't watch him closely at Sevilla but I know he did well there. Open question: is he good enough to be a rotation CM now?

See, what I'm afraid of is that with whoever we get, they can't play till at least January. That means one of our young guns will be getting a lot of minutes until January (like how Munir and Sandro got time until Suarez could play).

I'm going to be really pissed if either D.Suarez, Rafinha, Samper etc. has a great campaign just to get benched for Pogba/Iborra/whomever.

It's simple really, we either need to give our young guns a real look in the starting 11 to see if they can step up or sell/loan them out. We have 5/6 (if you count Samper) players competing for two spots currently, makes no sense adding to this unless we either sell or loan some of these players out.

BBZ8800

What about Denis Suarez? I didn't watch him closely at Sevilla but I know he did well there. Open question: is he good enough to be a rotation CM now?

See, what I'm afraid of is that with whoever we get, they can't play till at least January. That means one of our young guns will be getting a lot of minutes until January (like how Munir and Sandro got time until Suarez could play).

I'm going to be really pissed if either D.Suarez, Rafinha, Samper etc. has a great campaign just to get benched for Pogba/Iborra/whomever.

It's simple really, we either need to give our young guns a real look in the starting 11 to see if they can step up or sell/loan them out. We have 5/6 (if you count Samper) players competing for two spots currently, makes no sense adding to this unless we either sell or loan some of these players out.

Imo, currently we have only 3 players for two Mc's positions:
= Rakitic, Iniesta and Rafinha

They are the only players on whom Lucho actually counts.
Samper played a few A-team matches in the whole career and in spite of how Barcaforum ranks him, it is very questionable what Lucho thinks of him. Plus, even if Lucho will trust in him, it is questionable how will he perform.
The same about Denis Suarez, except that he is "a lesser" talent than Samper.

So, on one hand it can turn out to be that we actually already have 5 good and playable central midfielders.
But, on the other hand, it can easily happen, the same as with forwards a few seasons ago, when we thought that we have a bright future from La masia boys in Deulofeu, Munir, Sandro, Adama and even Dongou, while today it is more likely that 0 or at most 1 of them will be a playable Barca's level player.

So, it is questionable whether Lucho sees Samper and Suarez as actual players for the next Season or just as some guys who will get some Minutes and who will probably get sold/loaned and similar, when we buy some "bigger boys".

I am not saying that Samper and Suarez aren't good prospects, but it is extremely hard and long way from being prospects to turning into even something like Rafinha currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans