Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Turan does strike me as a Lucho type of player. I really don't see Pedro getting any significant minutes if Turan comes in, I think he leaves then.

I really hope Pogba is still very much an option regardless if Turan comes in or not.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona, who have first option, have five days to equal Juventus' 16M bid for Fluminense's Gerson. Executives are in Brazil. [espn rac1]

xXKonan

Paul Pogba is willing to postpone the decision on his future until after Barcelona elections. Will only talk with next president. [sport]

Kohe321

Seriously, 41m for Arda? If that's true, it makes me look back at the Pogba for 100m rumors with nostalgia. It's almost half the price for someone with just a few years left at the top level, where Pogba is just getting started, and also someone who has already peaked at a level that is lower than what Pogba will land on when he's 28.

It's 20m too much. Arda is a great player and could function well in Lucho's system, but 41m for a player his age and level is just not right.

Barcilliant

Turans a quality player but 30 million is the max we should pay. However Barto isn't president so who is authorising this? Can Laporta cancel the deal if he becomes president?

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona and Juventus officials will today meet in Como, Italy, to discuss a possible transfer of Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba (22). [md]

BBZ8800

I would still rather get Turan than Pogba, if Turan can play Cm in Lucho's system.

Turan is proven in La liga, he played more than 1 good Season in his career (Pogba).
28 and soon 29 is not THAT old.

He is actually only 5 Months older than Messi, equally as old as Suarez and 1 year older than Rakitic.

On one hand people could say that we have too many older players, and that it could turn out to be a problem.
But on the other hand, we could say that we have a core of the team on their prime (28+ years), in Messi, Suarez, Rakitic, Turan, Busi etc.

If we assume that Messi will have only 3-4 more Seasons in a god-mode (he will be 32 and 33 years old in the 5th Season from now on), we have 2 options:
1) buy someone younger like Pogba who will or will not fit in and help Messi to win more CLs in his final career's years
2) buy someone proven both in La liga and CL in his prime years, who will more or less, SURELY fit from the day 1 and who has higher chances to bring glory to Messi's final 4 years in Barca

Yes, on the other hand, some people may ask:
-- but what we will do in 4 years when both Messi, Suarez, Turan, and other players will be gone?
= true, we will have problems then

But then we will have extraordinary problems because we will lose Messi, and we will NEVER be the same team as we are now.
And none player in the world, no matter if his name is Neymar, Pogba or some other new superstar will lift us to the current heights (as a goat Messi).

So, without Messi, we will be just a regular team, full of humans/mortals, and we will suffer the same as Real, Chelsea and all other "regular" teams who don't have Messi.

So, imo, let's try to win at least 1-2 CLs in Messi's final 4 years with proven players, than risking with young and too expensive players (like Pogba).
Buying someone older and proven is basically going ALL IN on CL trophies for the next 4 years.

When Messi will be gone, we will either way cry for the current days when we were by far the best team in the world.
That will more or less never happen again.
We will be among the best 3-4-5 teams, as always, but never as superior as in the last 8-10 years.

So, if true, if he can play Cm or Amc in Lucho's system, Turan has my vote.

Last edited:

Jombi

What we really have to worry about is being able to qualify for the CL in the future the way we are buying players close to 30 with zero sell-on value.

We have to spend probably close to 6-700m euros+ in 2-3 years to replace some of the aging stars then (and we dont get any money from sales of players) and we are already struggling to keep up with revenue growth of other rich clubs, so we are not likely to get all the players we want anyway if other rich clubs are interested. And we simply wont have the money to replace all our best players at the same time.

While other clubs hesitate to buy players older than 25 and prefer players in the early 20s, we prefer players who want their last big contract before retirement.

For christ's sake, we could buy both Kovacic and Lucas Lima for the same price as 29 year old Arda Turan.

Jombi

Could you please explain for which players would we need 600-700M Euros in 2-3 years?

Pique, Alves, Suarez, Messi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Mascherano, Mathieu, Vermaelen, Bravo, Pedro, Adriano and of course Arda Turan if we buy him as well.

And since we dont get money from sales, thats 6-700m euros we have to fork out from our own funds. And reports say we have about 60m euros per summer for transfers, lets say it increases to 75-80m euros per summer as a result of increased revenue. We are then 400m euros short. Thats still a huge gap to bridge and there is no wiggle room for bad transfers. All transfers would have to be proper successful replacements.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Pique, Alves, Suarez, Messi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Mascherano, Mathieu, Vermaelen, Bravo, Pedro, Adriano and of course Arda Turan if we buy him as well.

And since we dont get money from sales, thats 6-700m euros we have to fork out from our own funds. And reports say we have about 60m euros per summer for transfers, lets say it increases to 75-80m euros per summer as a result of increased revenue. We are then 400m euros short. Thats still a huge gap to bridge.

Pique, 28, will be 31, why selling him?
Alves, ok, we have a replacement already
Suarez, 28, will be 31, we will get some money for him. And yes, we will need a new, expensive Cf
Messi, we will never be able to replace him, no matter what we do
Iniesta, ok, but his replacements like Kovacic can cost 30-ish M Euros. We don't need 11 Pogbas and Neymars in our team
Rakitic, 27, will be 30, he can play, plus, we paid him only 20-ish M. We can buy similar players, right?

Adriano doesn't play at all, Pedro also.
Masch, Mathieu, Vermaelen=we can get similar players for 15-20 Millions each.
Bravo, we already have a replacement in Mats.

So, from players above, you need 70-80M for a new Suarez, 100M for a copy of Messi, 30M for new Iniesta, 20-30M for new Rakitic.
That's it.

220-230 Millions.
Much different than 600-700 Millions you mentioned.

But again, you are probably assuming that we will buy expensive players like Neymar and Pogba for all positions.

Jombi

Pique, 28, will be 31, why selling him?
Alves, ok, we have a replacement already
Suarez, 28, will be 31, we will get some money for him. And yes, we will need a new, expensive Cf
Messi, we will never be able to replace him, no matter what we do
Iniesta, ok, but his replacements like Kovacic can cost 30-ish M Euros. We don't need 11 Pogbas and Neymars in our team
Rakitic, 27, will be 30, he can play, plus, we paid him only 20-ish M. We can buy similar players, right?

Adriano doesn't play at all, Pedro also.
Masch, Mathieu, Vermaelen=we can get similar players for 15-20 Millions each.
Bravo, we already have a replacement in Mats.

So, from players above, you need 70-80M for a new Suarez, 100M for a copy of Messi, 30M for new Iniesta, 20-30M for new Rakitic.
That's it.

220-230 Millions.
Much different than 600-700 Millions you mentioned.

But again, you are probably assuming that we will buy expensive players like Neymar and Pogba for all positions.

Prices are skyrocketing every year. I think we can expect us to pay close to 200m euros for each of Suarez and Messi replacements. And yes, I am pretty sure they will be replaced with some "crack" at a premium. My experience is that we never get money for players past 30, we are even struggling to get any money at all for players below 30. We just get chump change.

All players we have in our current squad are members of the team and need to be replaced IMO to keep the same squad depth. That includes replacements for backup players as well. If Alves retires, we have to get another RB, even if Vidal proves successful.

Replacements for Pique and Mascherano? Easily 60m euros each in 2-3 years if we want world class CBs.

Last edited:

Kohe321

You make some good points about buying proven quality (older players) to get the most out of the team in Messi's prime, [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]. Turan would indeed come in and be effective from day one, and his style fits our current one very good. He could have several good years at Barca, so I'm not against the signing, but I still think 41m is too much. If we could get him for 20-25m, around the same range as we signed Rakitic, then I'd be 100% onboard. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans