Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get Coutinho, Reus, Koke or Calhanoglu for the same or aproximatelu close money - then why should we buy older player?

I love Arda, he is a fighter, agile runner, great passer, dribbler... but so are those youngsters I mentioned - and they are much younger.

Andrew M

If we can get Coutinho, Reus, Koke or Calhanoglu for the same or aproximatelu close money - then why should we buy older player?

I love Arda, he is a fighter, agile runner, great passer, dribbler... but so are those youngsters I mentioned - and they are much younger.

Why are you obsessed with youth? Pogba will bring the youth next year. Arda is a ready made winner with profound technical ability.

Neymessi

I hear that everyone believes Turan would fit us like a glove, but Simeone's AM plays the exact opposite of how we play and in addition Turan doesnt even play centrally but on the right.

This season, all other AM midfielders (Koke, Gabi and Tiago) have been better than Turan IMO. Turan is a good player sure, but there are far from any guarantees that he will do great.

Koke,definitely.Gabi and tiago not really.And he played less this season too.He is definitely world class and his playing style is exactly what we need.He is a very good dribbler and we do not have many such midfielders with good dribbling quality(iniesta has declined).41m is definitely more but its not that much more than pogba's fee and insane wages.

Jombi

It is rumoured that Arda doesnt like Simeone's demanding physical training regimen and wants to do less defensive work. Thats the reason he wants out reportedly.

Last edited:
I'm not mixing up anything as the only thing I'm going from is reading that Pogba is demanding the same wages as the ones Xavi was on. That is, 12m after taxes.

If that's wrong, then fine. It's insane demands coming from someone who has yet to prove their worth over time and is still mostly potential anyway.

Xavi was on roughly 130 000 pounds/week. A bit over 6 net mil.

Some numbers are surprising. Both goalkeepers combined don't earn as much as mathieu. Adriano paid 60,000 a week while busquets is on 66,000.

Zincubus

Banned
re: IniestaDon't forget people were saying the same thing about Dani Alves only last season, and he's a year older than Iniesta.

Trust in the Don!​

Alves is a stronger athlete and his hunger is still clear to see . I just don't think the way we are slowly evolving and moving away from the TikiTaka stuff suits Iniesta ..... Sure he will still have his moments and decent periods of play but that isn't enough for the current Barcelona .

JamDav1982

Xavi was on roughly 130 000 pounds/week. A bit over 6 net mil.

Some numbers are surprising. Both goalkeepers combined don't earn as much as mathieu. Adriano paid 60,000 a week while busquets is on 66,000.

Not sure where you are getting Mathieu wages from but he took a cut of around 3m to join Barca so would be surprised if makes more than both keepers combined.

Busi is not on 66k a week either. He signed a new contract earlier this year to bring him in line with Xavi/Iniesta in the second tier of wages.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
We are not getting Arda. It's ludicrous by even this board to pay €41m for him. You heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans