Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zincubus

Banned
This is a strange move. Would he replace Pedro who is leaving? Would he come instead of Pogba next year? Because Arda sure as hell is not a CM so he won't be signed to 'replace Xavi'

Pedro needs to go and try and get his career back on track somewhere else . If he stays it just shows his weakness as he'd be accepting a bench place for the rest if his career .... Just hope we don't give him away or loan him out

Zincubus

Banned
Barcelona, who have first option, have five days to equal Juventus' 16M bid for Fluminense's Gerson. Executives are in Brazil. [espn rac1]

We're worrying about buying a 28 year old Arda yet Gerson must be in his 60's. :)

( Gerson played with Pele ! )

Egert

Estonian Culé
How old is Messi incidentally ??

Messi doesn't count, I'm talking about signing players, we need to sign younger players. Our current average age is very high and we all know that players usually start declining in the age of 30-33.

Zincubus

Banned
Not happy about this transfer if this happens... He is a Messi fan yeah, but he is getting old and we already have enough older players in the team.

Now how can Arda be too old at 28 ( same as Messi ? ) yet Iniesta at 31 is regarded by all as being "in his prime " ??

Zincubus

Banned
he is better than koke

he is very good, very technical player. we will have an exciting team :veryhappy:

welcome world class midfielder :wub: :cry: :wub:

we'll rotate him with iniesta and rafinha. rakitic hardly played full 90 mins last season too. a good rotation policy will keep the players fresh as long as you have a good roster of able players:
busquets, iniesta, rakitic, arda, rafinha, samper, suarez
id say that's a good enough midfield and you can rotate players in so many ways to keep them fresh

Great post IMHO

Zincubus

Banned
I really hope the arda deal goes through.The difference in overall quality between our midfield and attack is significant and with a world class player like turan we will have better quality and solid depth in midfield like our midfield of old days.Not to mention this could break the pogba deal from happening.His wages and transfer fees is insane and I would gladly accept a world class player in his prime who would fit us like a glove over pogba.

Exactly . I've always been impressed with the guy .

Jombi

Now how can Arda be too old at 28 ( same as Messi ? ) yet Iniesta at 31 is regarded by all as being "in his prime " ??

Arda will be 29 in January when he joins us and Iniesta is not as good as he was but still world class because his level was so good to begin with.

And of course, if Arda flops, we are stuck with him for the duration of his contract with us (we will probably try to loan him out while still paying a big chunk of his wages).

Egert

Estonian Culé

Read my previous post :)
And Iniesta is not in his prime anymore, he is still a good player but you can't compare him to Arda really.

Zincubus

Banned
If we can get Coutinho, Reus, Koke or Calhanoglu for the same or aproximatelu close money - then why should we buy older player?

I love Arda, he is a fighter, agile runner, great passer, dribbler... but so are those youngsters I mentioned - and they are much younger.

Now you're really talking . Coutinho would be a marvellous buy for us I think .

He'd walk straight into our midfield and give fantastic passes to the front three ... My fave player for the last season in the EPL .

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Now you're really talking . Coutinho would be a marvellous buy for us I think .

He'd walk straight into our midfield and give fantastic passes to the front three ... My fave player for the last season in the EPL .

in no way will coutinho walk in our starting XI. Our midfield might not be the juggernaut holy trinity but it's still one of the best midfields in the world. To say that coutinho will walk into our not is disrespectful to both Rakitic and the Don. I like coutinho and I think he's a good player but he is very inconsistent to demand a starting position in barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans