Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohe321

I'm also a big fan of him. His skillset and mentality fits the team and Lucho's system perfectly. If it's also true that he's willing to play at Barca B for half a season, then that shows he has a big desire to play here and the right attitude. Much like Rakitic.

On the other hand you have Pogba, who at 22 years old is fine with demanding a salary of the same level as the one Xavi was on - one of the biggest club legends in our history, who earned that salary through a legendary career and faithful service to the club. There is something extremely arrogant with the way Raiola and Pogba is handling themselves that is rubbing me the wrong way.

Last edited:

Jombi

We already have two world class midfielders in Rakitic and Iniesta (yes, Ini is still world class of course).

So Kovacic and Lucas Lima would be perfect as backups to slowly ease them into the team.

If we really want a midfielder from Atletico, Koke makes far more sense as a replacement for Iniesta. And yes, he is better and younger than Turan.

SeloBarca

Arda Turan is a great hardworking player and one of the main reasons AM has done well lately.
But i dont know if hes the type of player we need, or at that price.
And as people said before, hes getting close to 30. Well have to change alot of players at once in 5-6 years.

The beard is worth quite alot though.

Jombi

I'm also a big fan of him. His skillset and mentality fits the team and Lucho's system perfectly. If it's also true that he's willing to play at Barca B for half a season, then that shows he has a big desire to play here and the right attitude. Much like Rakitic.

On the other hand you have Pogba, who at 22 years old is fine with demanding a salary of the same level as the one Xavi was on - one of the biggest club legends in our history, who earned that salary through a legendary career and faithful service to the club. There is something extremely arrogant with the way Raiola and Pogba is handling themselves that is rubbing me the wrong way.

Xavi was not on 25m euros per year.

Kohe321

So 100m euros would make Turan worth it if he scores the winner?

Lets say he scores an important goal in the clasico? Would 80m euros be worth it for Turan? There are no limits?

No, I didn't say that. My point is that, in hindsight, things like that happening can balance out signings that seemed way too expensive at first. Impossible to say in advance, though, which is why you can't operate with that kind of thinking when making signings.

Which is why I don't think Turan is worth 41m now, but if we sign him for this and he scores the winner in the CL, I'll change my mind then... :)

Kohe321

Xavi was not on 25m euros per year.

What was he on? I remember reading that we could now afford 12m a year to Pogba as that was roughly what Xavi was on. I have no idea what the salaries of all our players are, so please fill me in if that's incorrect.

G

Gasgas

We already have two world class midfielders in Rakitic and Iniesta (yes, Ini is still world class of course).

So Kovacic and Lucas Lima would be perfect as backups to slowly ease them into the team.

If we really want a midfielder from Atletico, Koke makes far more sense as a replacement for Iniesta. And yes, he is better and younger than Turan.

no we dont need players who needs to be eased, we need a world class midfielder who can play now. there are injuries, there are rotations, there are tactical alterations and we all know that iniesta has been inconsistent for a while and he may need the bench every now and then, we had xavi to bench him, we need a player who is closest to the level that xavi showed. kovacic and lima arent any better than rafinha alcantara IMO, more or less the same level, we need a higher level player who can bench iniesta or rakitic

Jombi

No, I didn't say that. My point is that, in hindsight, things like that happening can balance out signings that seemed way too expensive at first. Impossible to say in advance, though, which is why you can't operate with that kind of thinking when making signings.

Which is why I don't think Turan is worth 41m now, but if we sign him for that and he scores the winner, I'll retract that statement after he does... :)

I dont think one goal over the course of his stay can defend such prices. Especially since many, many other players could also have scored that goal when given the opportunity, unless he does some magic Messi tricks that only he can do.

Signing a player is supposed to be an investment for many years.

Neymessi

I really hope the arda deal goes through.The difference in overall quality between our midfield and attack is significant and with a world class player like turan we will have better quality and solid depth in midfield like our midfield of old days.Not to mention this could break the pogba deal from happening.His wages and transfer fees is insane and I would gladly accept a world class player in his prime who would fit us like a glove over pogba.

Jombi

What was he on? I remember reading that we could now afford 12m a year to Pogba as that was roughly what Xavi was on. I have no idea what the salaries of all our players are, so please fill me in if that's incorrect.

You are mixing up net wages with gross wages. Pogba is demanding 12m net which is 25m gross. Xavi was on 6m net.

Kohe321

I dont think one goal over the course of his stay can defend such prices. Especially since many, many other players could also have scored that goal when given the opportunity, unless he does some magic Messi tricks that only he can do.

Signing a player is supposed to be an investment for many years.

Sigh, this discussion is getting ridiculous man. I never said the only contribution he'd have would be that one goal, neither that he wouldn't be good for many years. Just drop it and take my statement for what it was.

Jombi

I really hope the arda deal goes through.The difference in overall quality between our midfield and attack is significant and with a world class player like turan we will have better quality and solid depth in midfield like our midfield of old days.Not to mention this could break the pogba deal from happening.His wages and transfer fees is insane and I would gladly accept a world class player in his prime who would fit us like a glove over pogba.

I hear that everyone believes Turan would fit us like a glove, but Simeone's AM plays the exact opposite of how we play and in addition Turan doesnt even play centrally but on the right.

This season, all other AM midfielders (Koke, Gabi and Tiago) have been better than Turan IMO. Turan is a good player sure, but there are far from any guarantees that he will do great.

Kohe321

You are mixing up net wages with gross wages. Pogba is demanding 12m net which is 25m gross. Xavi was on 6m net.

I'm not mixing up anything as the only thing I'm going from is reading that Pogba is demanding the same wages as the ones Xavi was on. That is, 12m after taxes.

If that's wrong, then fine. It's insane demands coming from someone who has yet to prove their worth over time and is still mostly potential anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans