Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zincubus

Banned
Suárez was the difference between a title challenging Liverpool and a mediocre Liverpool, so I'm not buying that.

Wrong !

To be fair , in Suarez's last season he had the help of GREAT seasons by Gerard plus Sturridge plus Sterling .
Coutinho had NONE of the above last season .

Egert

Estonian Culé
note on juventus-barcelona meeting: all local media say juventus assured they won't sell in 2015, only "sport" claim there's a deal for 2016

Barcelona's next president will have to finalize after the elections the deal on the transfer of Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba. [sport]

[tw]616258965245165568[/tw]

Zincubus

Banned
None of these players would be man of the match in a CL, Euro or World Cup final, let alone FOUR of those... stop these silly comparisons.

With all due respect to Iniesta . That was years ago . He's simply a different player now and we are a different team as well . As I said he's bound to have his moments of brilliance here and there but he's just not starting material in MY view , anyways .

It's all about opinions ...

F

Flavia

With all due respect to Iniesta . That was years ago . He's simply a different player now and we are a different team as well . As I said he's bound to have his moments of brilliance here and there but he's just not starting material in MY view , anyways .

It's all about opinions ...

Iniesta was man of the match in the last CL final vs juventus too. Not years ago, some weeks ago. I would surely had not traded him for any of the players you named.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Did I see someone just compare Balotelli and Markovic to Iniesta or am I hallucinating

Iniesta possesses more class and ability in his little finger than what Markovic and Balotelli will put together in their entire career.

And he is still twice the player Coutinho is and probably will be.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Iniesta was man of the match in the last CL final vs juventus too. Not years ago, some weeks ago. I would surely had not traded him for any of the players you named.

I'd possibly agree but he doesn't do that consistently nowadays .. Look often he gets caught in possession or gets bundled off the ball .... That NEVER used to happen ... we aren't playing the same way as we used to either so that won't exactly help him .

F

Flavia

I'd possibly agree but he doesn't do that consistently nowadays .. Look often he gets caught in possession or gets bundled off the ball .... That NEVER used to happen ... we aren't playing the same way as we used to either so that won't exactly help him .

He's not as consistent as before, but still a better player than coutinho and the likes. And Iniesta is a big game player. He's 31, still has a lot to give.

serghei

Actually, Iniesta could very well be the starter next season as well, but starting with 2016, he needs to go into a more quiet role inside the team. Say what you may about the Pogba deal, but money aside, if we sign him from 2016 we will probably have that LCM position set for some years to come. Imagine Pogba - Neymar on the left for about 6-7 years. It doesn't get better than that for me. I would very much like us to remain with Iniesta-Rafinha for the majority of next season, and add another midfielder in this winter to take care of the right side of our midfield along with Rakitic.

Let's not forget we are now one midfielder short compared to last season. I'm all for signing Arda Turan right now and have him ready to play in the 2nd part of the season. If we catch an injury in the midfield, as things stand right now, we're in big trouble. I hope a top midfielder will come in january and that he can play in Champions League (the real Champions League starts in february anyway). Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitic and Arda Turan (maybe Masche too, if Vermaelen shows he can be trusted as a CB -- as usual I don't really trust Mathieu) is a midfield that can do some damage IMO. Turan is much much better than people give him credit for and I think he'll be great for 3-4 years for us. Splash the money and get him. You can't have such a big difference between starters and squad players right now, and out of all top teams, the difference between the starting 11 and the rest of the players is too big in our case. We were lucky we weren't plagued by injuries (credit to Lucho as well), but things can change next season and we need to ready to tackle whatever problems may come our way.

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Wrong !

To be fair , in Suarez's last season he had the help of GREAT seasons by Gerard plus Sturridge plus Sterling .
Coutinho had NONE of the above last season .

Gerrard was a liability that season, even more last year. Sturridge and Suárez partnership was great, but even when Sturridge was injured, Suárez secured wins for Liverpool. Sterling had a few good games here and there, but in the grand scheme of things, there's no doubt Suárez was the main reason for their title challenge. Luisito was not only top scorer in the league, he made the 2nd most assists in the league and was POTY. Also, you could see how important Suárez was for Liverpool last year. Just take a look at their forums.

Coutinho had Gerrard and Sterling. Didn't accomplish much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans