Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

Yes it is ,if they think it is the right choice despite preferring us as a fan . and vice versa too for sure
MSN has been here for only one year together,they are the greatest frontline that ever existed .there is no similar situation to it .to say there is a proof for it or against it . players joining other clubs in May despite saying they like Barca .our long loyal winger wanting to leave .those are all indication that many would be hesitant to compete with those 3
Edit: all of that without taking into account they will have to deal with the ban situation .

OK, so this is just a theory you concocted yourself? That players join other clubs even if they like Barca isnt proof of anything. Barca decides who they want to buy and what they are willing to offer for a player. Just because the club shows interest doesnt mean the club is willing to always pay more than any other club for the player.

I have never heard a player say that he doesnt want to join Barca because Messi and Neymar are too good.

Last edited:

Co0ter

OK, so this is just a theory you concocted yourself? That players join other clubs even if they like Barca isnt proof of anything. Barca decides who they want to buy and what they are willing to offer for a player. Just because the club shows interest doesnt mean the club is willing to always pay more than any other club for the player.

I have never heard a player say that he doesnt want to join Barca because Messi and Neymar are too good.

Of course they would never admit that's why they don't want to join. The same way Pedro will never admit he's leaving because he knows he won't start over MSN because they are much better than him. He'll say he's leaving because he's won everything with barca or that he needs a new adventure. Some of that may be true too, but we'll never know for sure will we?

Jombi

Of course they would never admit that's why they don't want to join. The same way Pedro will never admit he's leaving because he knows he won't start over MSN because they are much better than him. He'll say he's leaving because he's won everything with barca or that he needs a new adventure. Some of that may be true too, but we'll never know for sure will we?

No, Pedro has stated that he wants more playing time. So I totally agree that Pedro leaves because he believes MSN is favored/too good.

But I have never heard a great player with ambition turn down Barca because they think Neymar and Messi are too good or that they wont get playing time.

The reason we dont buy young players up front is the same reason we dont buy young players for midfield or defense. It has nothing to do with Messi or Neymar being too good IMO.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

No, Pedro has stated that he wants more playing time. So I totally agree that Pedro leaves because he believes MSN is favored/too good.

But I have never heard a great player with ambition turn down Barca because they think Neymar and Messi are too good or that they wont get playing time.

The reason we dont buy young players up front is the same reason we dont buy young players for midfield or defense. It has nothing to do with Messi or Neymar being too good IMO.

While we have an aging squad right now but Cesc,Alba,Alexis,Neymar was signed young .we do actually sign young players
Pedro didn't want to leave when we had Alexis .but MSN has proved too good for him.there is a reason to believe many would think that way too
Is it a theory?lol for sure it is a theory .there isn't physics man and there won't be a concrete proof for anything anyone here says in most cases
It is easy to blame Barca for not signing 2 expensive players like Dybala or Vietto and going for Nolito .but we have 2 young strikers coming through the youth ranks .we have huge wage bell and a debt and other team needs.And those players accepted the 1st good offer they had .or actually forced a move like in Dybala case b4 the last season even ended

Jombi

While we have an aging squad right now but Cesc,Alba,Alexis,Neymar was signed young .we do actually sign young players
Pedro didn't want to leave when we had Alexis .but MSN has proved too good for him.there is a reason to believe many would think that way too
Is it a theory?lol for sure it is a theory .there isn't physics man and there won't be a concrete proof for anything anyone here says in most cases
It is easy to blame Barca for not signing 2 expensive players like Dybala or Vietto and going for Nolito .but we have 2 young strikers coming through the youth ranks .we have huge wage bell and a debt and other team needs.And those players accepted the 1st good offer they had .or actually forced a move like in Dybala case b4 the last season even ended

We havent signed a young midfielder or young defender in many years. So it's not surprising that we dont sign forwards like Dybala or Vietto, either really.

Last edited:

anguy

We havent signed a young midfielder or young defender in many years. So it's not surprising that we dont sign forwards like Dybala or Vietto, either really.

Dybala would have been ridiculously expensive for backup especially a backup with just one good season behind him. Young defenders that are good enough and fit our system are difficult to find. We wanted to sign Danilo, but Real snatched him from us. Alba is still young and we have Pique and Bartra under 30. With midfielders it is similar. We have not signed any mid for a long time, because we had Xaviniesta, Fabregas and Thiago, so we thought we are "set" for future. Besides attack and defense were much more pressing concerns. After Fabregas left we signed 24 year old Rakitic. We were also after Pogba (young but too expensive), Kroos (Lucho decided to give chance Rafinha instead), Gundogan (still not old) and Gerson in last year. Who else young and good is available? Verratti would be ideal, but PSG won't let him go, Koke the same problem, Real will never sell Isco to us, the only one remaining is Pjanic perhaps.

Darko

Juve and Atletico are 2 of the best teams in the world and both were finalists in the last 2 CL campaigns .those players will grow more and learn more by playing as starters in a teams that compete for every trophy too while being a starters .they aren't a prospect who will be just happy to play beside a certain player to learn .he would want to achieve things and he know he could join Barca later if he proves himself
few years are very long time in football btw . I think being a starter in Juve is worth being used rarely behind MSN
And it isn't just Isco ,we tried to sign Asensio and were after him ,same with Zaragoza kid that they signed lately .players will always use their minds over their hearts when it comes to their career

It's a really valid point that they think it's best for their careers that they move to Juve/Atletico. But we will never know if they would have moved to Barca since we are chasing a 29 year old for the same price(as Vietto, 50% of Dybala), and arguably an inferior player.

Minds over their hearts?
What exactly does RM offer Asensio that Barca can't?

F

Flavia

Dybala said he'd go swimming to bcn, if Barça wanted him. We never showed interest, Juve did.

xXKonan

Barcelona will continue to have a first option on Brazilian midfielder Gerson (18) if he moves from Fluminense to Roma. [rac1] :bartomeu:

Sounds like one of those "You Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" kind of deals. Roma gets to Develop Gerson and in a few years or so Barca comes knocking to buy him.

Barcilliant

We can't sign every good young player in the world for obvious reasons. If Dybala and Vietto develop into world class players then we will probably sign one of them.

xXKonan

After Kenedy joined Chelsea and Gerson will join Roma, Barcelona still have a first option on Fluminense centre back Marlon (19). [via ge]

xXKonan

Barcelona don't rule out signing another player this summer in case Pedro leaves. Nolito (Celta) and Abdennour (Mónaco) are options. [sport]

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Nolito with some heavy flirting. 18M would be too much for him, IMO.

Nolito (Celta): "I've received many offers, I could have gained a lot, but I'm happy here. I would only leave Celta to join Barcelona."

Nolito (Celta): "I got offers from other clubs and I decided to stay, but I didn't get one from Barça, those rumours are false."

Nolito (Celta): "You can't say no to Barça if they pay 18M buyout fee. They are one of the best clubs in the world, I'm not a fool either."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans