Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPepper

Next Thiago Silva? Sign him up immediately.

Though, 18 years old and already that much pressure on him...

untitled-1_1.jpg

khaled_a_d

For CB options their aren't many but I would love us to take a Punt on Abdennour at least. We have First Option on a CB that plays for Fluminese but the problem is he's 18, and I'm pretty sure he plays in the Reserves? for Fluminese his name is Marlon Santos.

Knowing the Board they will probably blow money on Getting Santos over a Experienced CB. :lol: Santos is touted as the next "Thiago Silva" While he's a interesting Prospect we need a CB that is solid, has experience in the CL and isn't Shaky and is decent with the ball.

Marlon will be 20 in 4 weeks or so and he played around 30 games with 1st team
He is sort of guy to keep eye on ..would love to get him next summer and loan him to Liga team if the price is right

xXKonan

Yep, If he is as good as Silva says I would Definitely Keep an eye on him. And I hope the Club realizes this as well, and not let Marlon get away. (Well I'm assuming if this is all true and Marlon is as good as Silva and some others say he is). I read awhile ago his Buyout clause is rather cheap compared to Gerson as well.

utility73

Wondering why we're not considering Aleksandar Dragovic more seriously.

Dominated Ukrainian league last season with only 12 goals allowed in 26 matches. And they started the new season with 5 wins straight (only 2 goals allowed).
He might not have the crazy technical skills as some of the big names but he has the discipline, concentration and tactical intelligence which we seem to lack somewhat since Puyol retired.

xXKonan

Man We really need a New CB,LB and CM. question is does the Board think so?

We were linked to.
Aleksandar Dragovic
Aymen Abdennour
Marlon Santos for CB options

LB is trickier but I'm pretty sure theirs some Decent LB back up options out there and we really need a another CM. We can't keep relying on Mathieu,Adriano,Verm,Roberto for Bench Players.

xavi_the_Boss

Man We really need a New CB,LB and CM. question is does the Board think so?

We were linked to.
Aleksandar Dragovic
Aymen Abdennour
Marlon Santos for CB options

LB is trickier but I'm pretty sure theirs some Decent LB back up options out there and we really need a another CM. We can't keep relying on Mathieu,Adriano,Verm,Roberto for Bench Players.

We can´t do anything with the ban.We have to wait till next summer to get right of all the players who aren´t good enough and replace them.
But we should Keep an eye on Marlon and some other young talents.

Last edited:

Guaporta

Just wanted to mention three names; Aymeric Laporte (buy-out clause €50m), José Gayá and Thiago Alcantara. They would cost Barcelona around €120m in total and could replace Adriano, Mathieu, Douglas and Song. José Gayá isn't a priority signing because Alejandro Grimaldo should/could be promoted to the first team to get used to the higher tempo. However, Laporte is an amazing young defender (one of the best U23-defenders in the world) and everyone knows Thiago. He can control the game like Xavi used to do for us. Besides that, he would probably be cheaper than players like Koke, Verratti or Pogba. Our team would look like this (after the deserved promotion of Samper and Grimaldo):

GK: Bravo, Ter Stegen, Masip
RB: Dani Alves, Sergi Roberto, Aleix Vidal
CB: Piqué, Mascherano, Laporte, Vermaelen, Bartra
LB: Jordi Alba, Grimaldo (Vermaelen can play back-up until Grimaldo is ready)
RCM: Rakitic, Thiago (Sergi Roberto as back-up)
CM: Busquets, Samper (Mascherano as back-up)
LCM: Iniesta, Rafinha, (Denis Suárez will return after this season)
RW: Messi, Sandro, (try to keep Pedro as main back-up for our front three)
ST: Suárez
LW: Neymar, Munir (Rafinha as back-up)

Edit: Arda Turan can play as back-up for Iniesta, Messi and Neymar. Totally forgot about him!

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I really don't want nolito to replace Pedro. I don't think Munir will impress, maybe Sandro will. Who else could be a realistic target in January?

Egert

Estonian Culé
I really don't want nolito to replace Pedro. I don't think Munir will impress, maybe Sandro will. Who else could be a realistic target in January?

Me neither, Nolito will be 29 and we need to build for the future aswell.

From non-UCL clubs I could only name these players who could be an option:

-Domenico Berardi (Joined Sassuolo this summer on permanent deal I think, but Juve has an option to bring him back to the club in summer 2016)
-Wissam Ben Yedder (I remember us being linked with him, could be an option)

Can't think of anyone else but for sure there are more players and a lot of players will break through this season aswell. Berardi ofc is better and he has talked very highly of Messi aswell I think, might like joining Barca for the back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans