Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

anguy

Henry, lol, he was the best player in EPL like for a decade. Multiply current Hazard with 5x to get Henry from 2007 when we bought him.
In the current market, that 29 years old Henry would cost 60-70 Millions.

We can argue whether we need or don't the 4th Cf, but I am not entering insane debates how MSN is by far the best trio which Barca ever had or which football world has ever seen.
Ronnie-Etoo-young Messi from 2006 or 2007, I just don't see in which universe that attacking trio was inferior to the current MSN.

The point of my previous post was that we had similar MSN's in the past, and we survived with 4, or even with 5 awesome players.

But today, times are different.
Youngsters like Pogba are asking 12 Millions as a starting wages in Barca, and you can't bench/rotate your key players because they will get sad.
Ok, fine.

But we are talking about heavy rotation in 2007-2008, aren't we? It doesn't matter how good was Henry in Arsenal, he was nothing special during 2007-2008 for us, Ronaldinho the same. So maybe there was heavy rotation, because the players were not performing WELL IN THAT SEASON? Yes those players were huge names like MSN, but they performed worse than MSN that year.

anguy

Whatever happened to Lamela? Has he been any good at Tottenham? I don't really follow the Premier League.

Also, Pedro leaving means we're fucked. Sandro and Munir are not players that you can count on, and your forwards are among the most likely to be subbed in games, even excluding rotation and injuries. I can't even fathom how we let ourselves come to this. MSN + Sandro and Munir, that's just laughable. At this point I'd happily bring Tello back, that says a lot. Hell, I'd probably take Bojan back, too. :lol:

Lamela has been a huge disappointment.

Pedro leaving wouldnt be a problem, the problem is we let both our technical young wingers like Deulofeu and Adama leave too. Say what you want about Deulofeu, but I think he would have been a decent backup for both wing positions. Sandro and Munir are both more central strikers.

Also much worse impact will be Xavi leaving. He was just a backup, sure, but still very important backup for our midfield. For example against Bilbao in La Liga away (when we won 5-2) he was absolutely amazing. He was still under contract and could have stayed at least until winter. Letting him go was stupid, we now have no depth in midfield.

Stric

Lamela has been a huge disappointment.

Pedro leaving wouldnt be a problem, the problem is we let both our technical young wingers like Deulofeu and Adama leave too. Say what you want about Deulofeu, but I think he would have been a decent backup for both wing positions. Sandro and Munir are both more central strikers.

Also much worse impact will be Xavi leaving. He was just a backup, sure, but still very important backup for our midfield. For example against Bilbao in La Liga away (when we won 5-2) he was absolutely amazing. He was still under contract and could have stayed at least until winter. Letting him go was stupid, we now have no depth in midfield.

Yes, Deulofeu, too, I wouldn't mind having him around, regardless of the level I remember him at, or his attitude issues.

I agree about Xavi, as well. He wasn't a starter last season, but he was still a lot more important than many people understand. If he hadn't been there at all, I very much doubt the outcome would be the same. It's crucial to have a "third-choice" midfielder that's absolutely up to the task. Throughout the season you rotate a lot, and you have to have someone for substitutions as well. As much as I want Rafinha to blossom, I don't see it happening any time soon. Besides, he's not a central midfielder to begin with.

Chainsaw

Killahead
The moment Lamela joined Totennham I was afraid he's gonna fail there. He came as a replacement for Bale but totally different players. The coaches dunno what to do with him and he failed to impress. I think he should go back to Italia or move to Spain. His style doesn't suit EPL. Maybe Barca could revive him as he's fit to cover several positions in the team. The main issue is, he's not a very good option to replace Pedro as Lamela's a very poor work ethic compare to Pedro.

Stric

The moment Lamela joined Totennham I was afraid he's gonna fail there. He came as a replacement for Bale but totally different players. The coaches dunno what to do with him and he failed to impress. I think he should go back to Italia or move to Spain. His style doesn't suit EPL. Maybe Barca could revive him as he's fit to cover several positions in the team. The main issue is, he's not a very good option to replace Pedro as Lamela's a very poor work ethic compare to Pedro.

Maybe his failure at Tottenham might lower his price significantly? Although Levy is among the worst to deal with. Meh, I doubt FCB would be interested to begin with.

silvia

I can agree with you that Lucho should stand firm and rotate MSN a bit more. Like you said, even considering if there are no injuries, if you bench them each only a handful of times it opens up a ton of playing time for a 4th forward. The key thing like someone else mentioned is players with enough quality to actually be that 4th forward (while maintaining the overall quality MSN has) don't want to be in that role and they know MSN will start most of the crucial big games.

If Reus, Hazard and other quality players would accept that role, I'm all for it. They won't though...unless we are very, very...very lucky.

It is not matter of standing firm, because MSN are not like kids. It is more like persuasion on agreement n and how much they trust him.
so that he rotate vs weak teams or rest some at already winning game.
I think enrique is searching for one, and the one is Nolito.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

But we are talking about heavy rotation in 2007-2008, aren't we? It doesn't matter how good was Henry in Arsenal, he was nothing special during 2007-2008 for us, Ronaldinho the same. So maybe there was heavy rotation, because the players were not performing WELL IN THAT SEASON? Yes those players were huge names like MSN, but they performed worse than MSN that year.

We were crap because of injuries (Ronnie was injured a lot, Etoo also, if I remember).
But a key thing was a lack of motivation.
Our team was full of motivation in winning seasons 2004-05 and 2005-06 when we played every match with 120%.

After that, something has just changed.
Our key player Ronaldinho, was never the same player again, and our most important midfield playmaker back then (Mc-Amc Deco, something like Iniesta today) experienced the same problem.
He was our key player in 2005 and 2006, and he was brought here because Rijkaard said: "I need one more playmaker. We can't rely only on Ronaldinho. When the opponents close him down, we don't have other options."
This is why they bought Deco.

Anyway, Deco also lost the motivation after winning CLs with Porto in 2004 and Barcelona in 2006, and he was experiencing a divorce from his wife and he was half the player he used to be in those seasons because of all these reasons.
On the other hand, Real Madrid was full of motivation after years of failures.

So, it is not that easy to say: we lost because we were rotating players.
We had 2 horrible seasons (2006-07 and 2007-08) because we lost all the motivation, Ronaldinho, our key man, started to drink and party all the time, Deco was having a divorce, we were struck by 100s of injuries, Rijkaard wasn't the boss of a locker room anymore, Real recharged their batteries etc...

I am just saying: even without any injury to MSN, we will have insane problems in this season.
They can't play 2 seasons in a row where they will each play 60-60-60 matches in a row.
And Munir and Sandro are not good enough currently.

Also, imagine a muscle/ankle injury to Messi or Ney for 3 Months, or knee injury for 6-8 Months.
Can you imagine our team winning anything without Neymar, when Messi has to do everything alone, and not to mention what would happen if we would need to play for a few Months without Messi?

Last season we had zero injuries, but that was the luckiest season ever.
We can't expect 2 seasons in a row without injuries for MSN trio.
What are the odds for that?

khaled_a_d

We were crap because of injuries (Ronnie was injured a lot, Etoo also, if I remember).
Our team was full of motivation in winning seasons 2004-05 and 2005-06 when we played every match with 120%.

Our key player Ronaldinho, was never the same player again, and our most important midfield playmaker back then (Mc-Amc Deco, something like Iniesta today) experienced the same problem.
He was our key player in 2005 and 2006, and he was brought here because Rijkaard said: "I need one more playmaker. We can't rely only on Ronaldinho. When the opponents close him down, we don't have other options."
This is why they bought Deco.

Anyway, Deco also lost the motivation after winning CLs with Porto in 2004 and Barcelona in 2006, and he was experiencing a divorce from his wife and he was half the player he used to be in those seasons because of all these reasons.
On the other hand, Real Madrid was full of motivation after years of failures.

So, it is not that easy to say: we lost because we were rotating players.
We had 2 horrible seasons (2006-07 and 2007-08) because we lost all the motivation, Ronaldinho, our key man, started to drink and party all the time, Deco was having a divorce, we were struck by 100s of injuries, Rijkaard wasn't the boss of a locker room anymore, Real recharged their batteries etc...

I am just saying: even without any injury to MSN, we will have insane problems in this season.
They can't play 2 seasons in a row where they will each play 60-60-60 matches in a row.
And Munir and Sandro are not good enough currently.

Also, imagine a muscle/ankle injury to Messi or Ney for 3 Months, or knee injury for 6-8 Months.
Can you imagine our team winning anything without Neymar, when Messi has to do everything alone, and not to mention what would happen if we would need to play for a few Months without Messi?

Last season we had zero injuries, but that was the luckiest season ever.
We can't expect 2 seasons in a row without injuries for MSN trio.
What are the odds for that?

We weren't crap because of rotation ,we were crap because we lacked proper signing and depth .we kept players like Zambrotta/Thuram with older declining players like Deco and put too much in a deal like Henry .Abidal/Milito/Yaya was good signing but wasn't enough
That will be the case if we sign a player like Reus ,and as much as I want him that will be also the case if we sign Poba while ignoring all other positions although Pogba fits a need way more than injury prone Reus
We have MSN and couple of 20 years old ,we need a bench player for sure but we don't need to break the bank for it specially for player injury prone like Reus
The team need upgrade and youth in the bench for defense & midfield as much as we need it for attack .
We have too many mediocre La Masia bench players right now who seem to have no future in 1st team .S.Roberto/Rafinha/Bartra/Munir all seem they aren't really gonna be a difference makers .we are putting too much on the prospect of them developing into something much better than they are right now .I am all for developing youth but we need players who are little better than that .D.Suarez isn't really much better than Rafinha either .Samper is the most overhyped kid in recent year by the fans and Halilovic is still sort of high risk high reward kid (And I am not a fan of loaning him to Sporting btw) .with the age of the current squad we need a real improvement in the bench in the whole team with players who aren't older than 26
I would be happy if we get Pogba for example but that as long as we can sign a good back up LB and better CB than Bartra (unless he improved) with a wing like Nolito (though he isn't really young)

klc123

We weren't crap because of rotation ,we were crap because we lacked proper signing and depth .we kept players like Zambrotta/Thuram with older declining players like Deco and put too much in a deal like Henry .Abidal/Milito/Yaya was good signing but wasn't enough
That will be the case if we sign a player like Reus ,and as much as I want him that will be also the case if we sign Poba while ignoring all other positions although Pogba fits a need way more than injury prone Reus
We have MSN and couple of 20 years old ,we need a bench player for sure but we don't need to break the bank for it specially for player injury prone like Reus
The team need upgrade and youth in the bench for defense & midfield as much as we need it for attack .
We have too many mediocre La Masia bench players right now who seem to have no future in 1st team .S.Roberto/Rafinha/Bartra/Munir all seem they aren't really gonna be a difference makers .we are putting too much on the prospect of them developing into something much better than they are right now .I am all for developing youth but we need players who are little better than that .D.Suarez isn't really much better than Rafinha either .Samper is the most overhyped kid in recent year by the fans and Halilovic is still sort of high risk high reward kid (And I am not a fan of loaning him to Sporting btw) .with the age of the current squad we need a real improvement in the bench in the whole team with players who aren't older than 26
I would be happy if we get Pogba for example but that as long as we can sign a good back up LB and better CB than Bartra (unless he improved) with a wing like Nolito (though he isn't really young)

Everyone was sceptical about Pedro when Guardiola first started bringing him into the team.
I have faith in Rafinha, give him minutes and he could definitely become a first team player in the future.
There isn't much we can do though, it isn't the managers fault if Pedro has decided he wants to leave, the club have no say in the matter. We have Turan coming into the midfield in January which will be a big improvement to the squad, and hopefully we can line up a versatile winger to bring in too.

Mido

In my wildest dream, Pedro gets replaced by a solid player who can play as a left winger and left central-midfielder and is right-footed. A player à-la Götze/Reus ... but I know it won't happen for the latter ^^

BUT... have you guys heard about a certain "Giorgian De Arrascaeta" ? He is , in my opinion, an AMAZING prospect. 21 years old, plays (regularly if not as a fix starter) at Cruseiro, Brazil. He would definitely be cheaper than Gerson. I would be immensely happy if he happens to join us in winter.

All the way from Uruguay :suarez:

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Germany 2006 crushed Ronaldinho. I think the extreme and unwarranted outlash from the Brazilian fans really hurt him emotionally and made him realize just how ugly it can be a star of that status. I think it did a lot to make him fall out of love with the game.

It's sad, really. Similar thing is happening with Messi, it's just he's better at handling the criticism than Ronnie was, and Ronnie filled the void in the club, aloof to his performances on the pitch.

Shows the absurdity of the modern condition.

Zincubus

Banned
Right I'm genuinely concerned !
TalkSport reporting newsflash that Pogba is due to sign for Chelsea in the coming days ..
£69 million / 85 million Euros .. Salary £300,000 a week AFTER tax !
Worse than that is that respected journalist Shaun Custis has broke a story saying that Man United ( Woodward ) are progressing in talks with Barca's NEYMAR !!!!!

WTF !!??

xXKonan

It's true Chelsea did Bid for Pogba but according to Di Marzio Juventus told them He's not for sale.

The Neymar Rumor is a pile of wank that originated from The Tabloid Paper The Sun. not even a hint of truth to it whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans