Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

The buyout fee of Celta winger Nolito (28) went from 18M to 30M as part of renewal, but Barcelona can buy him in January for 12-15M. [espn]

i_bleed_blaugrana

I like a lot of what I see in Yarmolenko. Tall, young, skilled. Only drawback with him is that he is extremely left footed from the videos I've seen and he will most have to sub for Messi, which isn't going to happen a lot.

That is the appeal I see in Nolito, his service from out wide is excellent and because he looks to make the pass that's on more than trying to dribble his way out of trouble, I think he could do well on either wing here, meaning he could sub for both Messi and Neymar, something you can't say about Yarmolenko. I don't think Yarmolenko would be as good as Nolito would be on the LW and while they are both a push on the RW, Nolito vision and eye for the pass plus his experience in La Liga gives him an edge.

I'm just saying, if we like these players, Anwar El Ghazi says hi. Best of both worlds. Have always liked him and Kishna from Ajax.

xXKonan

If Munir (20) doesn't convince in coming months, he could leave in January, as Barcelona plan to sign Celta winger Nolito (28). [marca]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If Munir (20) doesn't convince in coming months, he could leave in January, as Barcelona plan to sign Celta winger Nolito (28). [marca]

:facepalm: In 4 months. Yeah, that's so much time. :facepalm:

My best hope is with a buy-back. We are selling young prospects to get some old clunkers that will only be good for 2 or 3 three seasons. Brilliant strategy.

Talk about being short-sighted. FC Barcelona is the embodiment of that.

Last edited:

serghei

My best hope is with a buy-back. We are selling young prospects to get some old clunkers that will only be good for 2 or 3 three seasons. Brilliant strategy.

I'm sorry, but after Barca B was relegated, loaning young players is the best thing we can do, with a buyback of course. Every top team is thinking about the present and near future first. We need to let some players go and buy talent for a change. Masia is going through a rough patch and we need to adapt. It's the way it is.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I agree with your overall sentiment but not with this case. Munir has had chances to prove himself and especially if he fails to impress with the chances he will get before January, I don't see much reason for us to keep him. La Masia graduates should always be given a fair shot to prove themselves at this club before we sign a big name but if Munir can't cut it, there is no reason to keep him on the squad.

The way I see it with Munir is that, at least from when I've seen him play with the first team, is that he is the jack of all trade yet a master of none. He doesn't have the blistering pace to blow by someone on the wing, he isn't the greatest 1-on-1 so he can't overcome this with great dribbling skills and for me, you gotta have either of the two to be a successful winger here. As a striker, he isn't big enough to be able to win long aerial balls and play with his back to the goal. The qualities I like in Munir is his mental aspect, his positioning and his technique. He has a great shot, is a skilled passer and has the technical skills necessary but he needs another part of his game to merit being considered long-term here.

Recently, I've been more impressed by Sandro than by Munir. Sandro reminds me so much of David Villa, its not even funny. He has a strikers mentality: move, fight, push and battle for space and strike as soon as you see the opening. That sort of approach is more likely to get you into a team like this than what I have seen from Munir recently. Sandro so far is a more complete player and its a lot more clear what type of player he is, a predatory striker and I don't think its that clear for Munir yet.

One side note though: what the fuck about Samper? How the fuck is he not in the Champions League squad while GUMBAU is?!?!? Like I'd be fed up if I was him and would be wanting to gtfo after this. Like he is getting shafted worse than Thaigo...gonna be mad when he ends up bossing it for Arsenal as a Guardiola-esque holder in two years time and then magically we want him back because he has "Barca DNA".

F

Flavia

One side note though: what the fuck about Samper? How the fuck is he not in the Champions League squad while GUMBAU is?!?!? Like I'd be fed up if I was him and would be wanting to gtfo after this. Like he is getting shafted worse than Thaigo...gonna be mad when he ends up bossing it for Arsenal as a Guardiola-esque holder in two years time and then magically we want him back because he has "Barca DNA".

Samper is in the CL squad:

[tw]639106289755402241[/tw]

Egert

Estonian Culé
Robert (sports director): "January transfer window? We have four months to analyze it. Option is there, we'll see if we'll use it." [sport]

khaled_a_d

They said leave not sold ,it could be selling ,selling with buy back option or just a loan .

i_bleed_blaugrana

Samper is in the CL squad:

[tw]639106289755402241[/tw]

Okay good, I guess I misread the tweet that came out when our Champions League team was announced. My B. When I saw that, it made no sense whatsoever.

Anyways, I like the approach. Lets be patient, ascertain the strengths and weaknesses of the squad and make a move on a big name in January.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Man United source: "Barcelona, PSG, Chelsea and City were all in on pre-contract for Martial next season. We paid a premium to get him now."

Man United paid 49+28M for Monaco forward Anthony Martial (19) because Barcelona, PSG, Chelsea and Man City also wanted to sign him. [mail]

xXKonan

Robert (director): "Next four months aren't an exam for Sandro and Munir. They are fully part of the first team, we believe in them." [md]

Sounds like if we even sign someone in January Munir and Sandro will stay regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans