Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

Who exactly was skeptical about Marquez,Abidal,Yaya? literally most fans was excited when we signed each one of them .
And who considered Song known quality either? again most fans were shaking their heads from that signing and didn't understand the reason of it .also many doubted Cesc fit in the team and whether we need him or not
French League is gr8 for bargains ,but need someone who is willing to do gr8 scouting there (like Txiki with us) because there are other flops as well that can lead to team mediocrity if we weren't careful

Baily? kid was crap last season.he was Ivory cost worst player in ACN earlier this year and looked on a mission to prevent them from winning it with his mistakes . this season is way too early to say someone is good enough for Barca like Baily

And seriously people ,while I am not a fan of our transfers that much you guys are getting ahead of yourselves there .we have done many amazing signings that many teams would envy us for .Alba for 14M?Rakitic for 18M? getting Neymar and Suarez into 2 consecutive summers?getting one of the brightest talents in the world like Halilovic for 2.2 million ? those comments in the last couple of pages make me feel like we are Liverpool or something

Eric Bailly was the reason Villarreal didnt feel the loss of Gabriel Paulista at all last season, and he has continued his great play this season. He is basically the best player of Villarreal. He's definitely someone we should keep a very close eye on. I watched the ACN final and he was the best player on the field. Together with Samuel Umtiti from Lyon and Joel Veltman from Ajax, these are the type of defenders that we should be looking at. We cant just buy Mathieu and let Valencia buy a better and younger player like Mustafi as replacement for a fraction of the price we bought Mathieu for and then a year later try to sign him like we also tried to do with Marquinhos after PSG had signed him. We look like complete amateurs with no scouting and planning.

People bring up Alba and Rakitic as the examples of our great transfer policy but they had only a year left on their contract. And you can be sure that we wouldnt have signed Alba if he hadnt been a former La Masia player. We always sign former La Masia players if they turn out to be great for another team.

Halilovic? Isnt it a little too early to mention him as a bargain? We are really clutching at straws if we have to mention him. What has he shown for us? And I am pretty sure he cost more than 2.2m euros as well.

We might not be Liverpool, but we certainly could improve our transfer policy drastically. This is especially important now that we can no longer hide behind a great youth system producing world class players. We need to buy smart from now on.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Barcelona are interested in Liverpool player Coutinho (23) for the January transfer window. The Brazilian would cost 30M. [sport]

gregorrin10

Umtiti would be very good i think, he has the potential to become the new Abidal, hopefully for us. Or Laporte, but he would be a lot more tough and expensive to get, but it would be time to maybe splash on a defender for once too, because Laporte is young and class, and will undoubtebly become world class. Maybe think about selling Adriano and promoting Grimaldo too, would really love to see that most of all because of Grimaldo, but Adriano also isn't Barca quality (anymore), and to add to the unfortune, he has had and still has a lot of health (even heart) problems,which keep him from playing capable. My ideal defence would be Vidal/Roberto, Pique/Bartra?, Laporte/Umtiti/Vermaelen, Alba/Grimaldo. With Umtiti and/or Vermaelen being able to play LB as well, while Mascherano along with playing DM could also play on that RCB spot.

khaled_a_d

Eric Bailly was the reason Villarreal didnt feel the loss of Gabriel Paulista at all last season, and he has continued his great play this season. He is basically the best player of Villarreal. He's definitely someone we should keep a very close eye on. I watched the ACN final and he was the best player on the field. Together with Samuel Umtiti from Lyon and Joel Veltman from Ajax, these are the type of defenders that we should be looking at. We cant just buy Mathieu and let Valencia buy a better and younger player like Mustafi as replacement for a fraction of the price we bought Mathieu for and then a year later try to sign him like we also tried to do with Marquinhos after PSG had signed him. We look like complete amateurs with no scouting and planning.

People bring up Alba and Rakitic as the examples of our great transfer policy but they had only a year left on their contract. And you can be sure that we wouldnt have signed Alba if he hadnt been a former La Masia player. We always sign former La Masia players if they turn out to be great for another team.

Halilovic? Isnt it a little too early to mention him as a bargain? We are really clutching at straws if we have to mention him. What has he shown for us? And I am pretty sure he cost more than 2.2m euros as well.

We might not be Liverpool, but we certainly could improve our transfer policy drastically. This is especially important now that we can no longer hide behind a great youth system producing world class players. We need to buy smart from now on.

Bailly wasn't that good last season ,and he was never best player on pitch with Ivory Coast . he made huge errors in the tournament .he is very mistake prone for a club like Barca
with all due respect but this is a football Manager mentality .every few months everyone talks about players X&Y who are gr8 and why we aren't after them .
Doria was that player a year and half ago for example .Kovacic was that player last summer and there is tons of other names
Our transfer policy isn't perfect ,but it isn't shit either .it is actually quit good .and the road you would want the team to go can be the easiest way for mediocrity
And 1 year left or not ,a bargain deal is a bargain deal .And lol at saying Alba would never come if he wasn't La Masia .he joined because he was the best LB in the market and we needed one with Abidal illness and being former La Masia was just good for the propaganda .
which was typical Rossell ,Hype La Masia while giving no shit about it
As for Alen ,yes he hasn't given us anything yet because he is 19 and he need to develop .just like all the names you mention .I mean do you really think we would have bought Mustafi or but /Bailly/Umtiti now and develop them within the club until they turn good? Mustafi wasn't anywhere near as good as he is right now b4 Valencia .

xXKonan

CQggPHKWEAQUf_Z.jpg

Sports Front Cover. Like I posted above apparently we are offering "30 million" for him In jan.

xXKonan

So many attacking mids but no yet Proper CM to control the midfield.

I just don't get it really it's like their were rumors we were after a DM and we were watching another Right back. I'm like Really? we are good to go finally in the RB spot but LB and CM are our biggest issues and we just are overlooking it yet again.

Jombi

Bailly wasn't that good last season ,and he was never best player on pitch with Ivory Coast . he made huge errors in the tournament .he is very mistake prone for a club like Barca
with all due respect but this is a football Manager mentality .every few months everyone talks about players X&Y who are gr8 and why we aren't after them .
Doria was that player a year and half ago for example .Kovacic was that player last summer and there is tons of other names
Our transfer policy isn't perfect ,but it isn't shit either .it is actually quit good .and the road you would want the team to go can be the easiest way for mediocrity
And 1 year left or not ,a bargain deal is a bargain deal .And lol at saying Alba would never come if he wasn't La Masia .he joined because he was the best LB in the market and we needed one with Abidal illness and being former La Masia was just good for the propaganda .
which was typical Rossell ,Hype La Masia while giving no shit about it
As for Alen ,yes he hasn't given us anything yet because he is 19 and he need to develop .just like all the names you mention .I mean do you really think we would have bought Mustafi or but /Bailly/Umtiti now and develop them within the club until they turn good? Mustafi wasn't anywhere near as good as he is right now b4 Valencia .

The difference between Halilovic and players like Umtiti is that while Umtiti is one the best CBs in France, Halilovic is a 19 year old who has played like 4 games at senior level. It is simply premature to say that Halilovic has been a bargain for us.

You mention a player like Doria. He is just a kid. I have never rated him, and dont understand why people do. Players like Veltman, Umtiti, Bailly are not kids. Veltman has been great in the CL for Ajax for at least 2 seasons now and is a Dutch international. Umtiti is one of the best CB in the French league. Bailly has been great for Villarreal since he signed and they are leading the table in large parts thanks to him.

Jordan Amavi was available this summer for dirt cheap from Nice and he was the best LB in the French league together with Kurzawa. We ignore him, sign a new long term contract with Adriano, while Amavi has arguably been the best LB in the EPL so far.

Mustafi was one of the best CBs in Serie A and had made his debut for the German NT a year ago when Valencia bought him and was a much better player than Mathieu was. Just ask Valencia fans. They laughed at us when they sold him to us for that fee and bought Mustafi for a fraction of the price.

I would much rather see us get some quality players and real potential bargains instead of constantly going for Arsenal players and ending up signing Per Mertesacker or Iborra.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

The difference between Halilovic and players like Umtiti is that while Umtiti is the best CB in France, Halilovic is a 19 year old who has played like 4 games at senior level. It is simply premature to say that Halilovic has been a bargain for us.

You mention a player like Doria. He is just a kid. I have never rated him, and dont understand why people do. Players like Veltman, Umtiti, Bailly are not kids. Veltman has been great in the CL for Ajax for at least 2 seasons now and is a Dutch international. Umtiti is the best CB in the French league. Bailly has been great for Villarreal since he signed and they are leading the table in large parts thanks to him.

Mustafi was one of the best CBs in Serie A and had made his debut for the German NT a year ago when Valencia bought him and was a much better player than Mathieu was. Just ask Valencia fans. They laughed at us when they sold him to us for that fee and bought Mustafi for a fraction of the price.

I would much rather see us get some quality players and real potential bargains instead of constantly going for Arsenal players and ending up signing Per Mertesacker or Iborra.

Those are just your ratings ,nothing against you mate but everyone has his own ratings and in most cases fans has more wrong than right in rating young players
Eredivisie isn't half good as it was 10 years ago ,it has been long time since we have seen a team from them in quarter finals or even knockout stage in CL ,2007 to be specific
NT isn't that gr8 either and depended on individual brilliance and good coaching last year WC .they are struggling without both now
Mustafi was awful in the WC b4 joining Valencia and many doubted buying him .some people even said that his injury was the best thing for the NT in the World cup(part of that due to Lahm moving back to RB though)

Point is ,we aren't playing FM and there is always lots of good players we miss,many flops we sign but it is about the overall impact
The club has a philosophy of using young players who are projects who came from Barca B 1st whether it is a signing like Alen/Gumbau/D.Suarez or La Masia product ike S.Roberto and tons of others b4 .but we made many gr8 signings too with the likes of Neymar/Suarez/Alba/Rakitic
Do I hope we cut mistakes like Mathieu (signing him for that price was mistake ,should have done year earlier,1 year younger for half price) Douglas for better bargains?sure
But I don't want the club overall transfer policy to change .just get the team a bit younger and keep the high standards

Jombi

Those are just your ratings ,nothing against you mate but everyone has his own ratings and in most cases fans has more wrong than right in rating young players
Eredivisie isn't half good as it was 10 years ago ,it has been long time since we have seen a team from them in quarter finals or even knockout stage in CL ,2007 to be specific
NT isn't that gr8 either and depended on individual brilliance and good coaching last year WC .they are struggling without both now
Mustafi was awful in the WC b4 joining Valencia and many doubted buying him .some people even said that his injury was the best thing for the NT in the World cup(part of that due to Lahm moving back to RB though)

Point is ,we aren't playing FM and there is always lots of good players we miss,many flops we sign but it is about the overall impact
The club has a philosophy of using young players who are projects who came from Barca B 1st whether it is a signing like Alen/Gumbau/D.Suarez or La Masia product ike S.Roberto and tons of others b4 .but we made many gr8 signings too with the likes of Neymar/Suarez/Alba/Rakitic
Do I hope we cut mistakes like Mathieu (signing him for that price was mistake ,should have done year earlier,1 year younger for half price) Douglas for better bargains?sure
But I don't want the club overall transfer policy to change .just get the team a bit younger and keep the high standards

I really question your judgement when you judge a player like Mustafi prior to joining Valencia simply by saying he "was awful in the WC". He started a single game in the tournament, as RB against Algeria and did OK. But it is completely meaningless to judge a player based on that. Its not his position anyway. He was generally considered one of the best CBs in Serie A before he joined Valencia and that is why he was a German international. He was great for Valencia right from the beginning.

The reality is that it is our transfer policy that is the exception among top clubs. Not the rule. Other top clubs buy the best players in the French league, the German league, the Portuguese league, the Dutch league etc, players in their early 20s ready to take the big leap. You can claim that they are "playing FM", but they are just doing what top clubs do. Buy the best young players in the world. We generally dont, and prefer players from Arsenal, players who have just recently signed for a big team, aging La Liga players or players looking for their last big contract. Sooner or later we will be forced to change whether we like it or not, because we can no longer count on La Masia producing world class players, masking our poor transfer dealings.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I really question your judgement when you judge a player like Mustafi prior to joining Valencia simply by saying he "was awful in the WC". He started a single game in the tournament, as RB against Algeria and did OK. But it is completely meaningless to judge a player based on that. Its not his position anyway. He was generally considered one of the best CBs in Serie A before he joined Valencia and that is why he was a German international. He was great for Valencia right from the beginning.

The reality is that it is our transfer policy that is the exception among top clubs. Not the rule. Other top clubs buy the best players in the French league, the German league, the Portuguese league, the Dutch league etc, players in their early 20s ready to take the big leap. You can claim that they are "playing FM", but they are just doing what top clubs do. Buy the best young players in the world. We generally dont, and prefer players from Arsenal, players who have just recently signed for a big team, aging La Liga players or players looking for their last big contract. Sooner or later we will be forced to change whether we like it or not, because we can no longer count on La Masia producing world class players, masking our poor transfer dealings.

Mustafi was awful against Algeria and many didn't rate him highly in Serie A btw

Our starting line up last year was Bravo/MATS ,Mascherano/Pique/Alves/Alba/Busquets/Iniesta/Rakitic/Neymar/Messi/Suarez
Only Iniesta/Busquets/Messi weren't signed from another clubs and came from youth academy ,last one of them was promoted 7 years ago
La Masia did us gr8 things ,but it wasn't the only reason we won treble last year .signed player played huge part of it .
Big clubs sign big time players .small clubs look for prospects mostly.
Most big clubs also sign big name players or players from domestic league than players from France/Portugal/Eredivisie etc
Most of Bayern team are from either domestic league ,youth system or big clubs just like us .only exceptions was Costa & Martinez and both were expensive signings
The current RM squad has only six players signed directly from smaller leagues of your suggestion Benzema,Pepe,Danilo,Marcelo,James &Varane.5 of them costed huge money and was already big names in European football .one signed 8 years ago .only Varane was a recent bargain .again most of their squad are signings from Liga,or other big/rich clubs like Manu/Tottenham/Bayern
Those are the only 2 clubs at the same level of FC Barcelona in the past half decade .most of other "big clubs" are few steps below us with all due respect to them .I am not really interested to see the transfer policy of the like of Manu,Man City,PSG,Chelsea,Arsenal,Liverpool and whatever other big clubs

Jombi

No one should judge a player based on playing a few minutes out of position. That's just silly. Those few minutes as a full-back is really useless to bring up as a way to judge Mustafi, you really shouldnt comment on him.

It would be great if we bought great young players from La Liga. The same with the best young players from France, Germany etc. Problem is, we almost never do it. It's always these aging La Liga players who want a last big contract, some Arsenal players, maybe some obsession with PSG players. We have a totally different strategy than RM and Bayern. RM basically never buy a player older than 25. Completely the opposite of us.

We need to change. No more Nolito, Iborra and Vermaelen please.

Yes to Samuel Umtiti, Ilkay Gundogan and Sofiane Boufal in January.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans