Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

Won't mind that.

Don't see the board be willing to spend that much though.

Inb4 we sign no LB, Iborra, Nolito and some Brazilian no-name CB

:lol:
We actually have First option on a 20 year old CB from Fluminese Named Marlon Santos So theirs your no named CB :bartomeu:

Apparently Thiago Silva Sees the dude as one of the next big Brazilian CBs coming through.

Jombi

We actually have First option on a 20 year old CB from Fluminese Named Marlon Santos So theirs your no named CB :bartomeu:

Apparently Thiago Silva Sees the dude as one of the next big Brazilian CBs coming through.

LOL, really? He's been pretty crap for Fluminense. He's like the Gerson of CB for them.

xXKonan

We were linked with Parejo,Gundogan,Pogba,Iborra,Arda and a couple of others I don't remember.

The ones with actual Real Substance were Pogba,Arda,and Gundogan and we ended up with Arda. No idea if we had any Real Interest in Parejo and Iborra though, but they seem like Players Lucho would want though. :lol:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We were linked with Parejo,Gundogan,Pogba,Iborra,Arda and a couple of others I don't remember.

The ones with actual Real Substance were Pogba,Arda,and Gundogan and we ended up with Arda. No idea if we had any Real Interest in Parejo and Iborra though, but they seem like Players Lucho would want though. :lol:

Iborra reminds me of the bruiser archetype that Gumbau is "supposed" to be (i.e. tall and strong), just with Iborra being far better at it compared to Gumbau, who reminds me of Bambi on ice.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Iborra reminds me of the bruiser archetype that Gumbau is "supposed" to be (i.e. tall and strong), just with Iborra being far better at it compared to Gumbau, who reminds me of Bambi on ice.

Gumbau - Mascherano - Iborra midfield incoming.

khaled_a_d

The definition of world class is fluid though. One pre-requisite seem to be that he has to play for a rich club. Think of our obsession with Thiago Silva and Marquinhos. I certainly dont think Mustafi is any better than Samuel Umtiti for example. People were skeptical about Rafa Marquez, Yaya Toure and Eric Abidal when they arrived from the French league while people considered Arsenal players like Hleb, Song, Cesc and Vermaelen to be "known quantities" as they had proven themselves in the EPL. Its fair to say that Marquez, Toure and Abidal who arrived for a combined fee of 27m euros were the better deals than the Arsenal deadweights.

Why we refuse to look into the French league after so many years of ignoring it (except for PSG players of course), I simply can not understand.

Who exactly was skeptical about Marquez,Abidal,Yaya? literally most fans was excited when we signed each one of them .
And who considered Song known quality either? again most fans were shaking their heads from that signing and didn't understand the reason of it .also many doubted Cesc fit in the team and whether we need him or not
French League is gr8 for bargains ,but need someone who is willing to do gr8 scouting there (like Txiki with us) because there are other flops as well that can lead to team mediocrity if we weren't careful

RM has a very different transfer policy than us though. They basically never buy aging 30 year olds and focus on young players. Whether it's Isco, James, Kroos, Casemiro, Danilo, Bale, Kovacic etc etc. How much did Varane cost them? 10m? Marcelo? 6m?

We can probably get both Eric Bailly from Villarreal and Samuel Umtiti from Lyon for around 20m euros each. I'd say that's better than Mustafi for 50m+20m tax.

Baily? kid was crap last season.he was Ivory cost worst player in ACN earlier this year and looked on a mission to prevent them from winning it with his mistakes . this season is way too early to say someone is good enough for Barca like Baily

And seriously people ,while I am not a fan of our transfers that much you guys are getting ahead of yourselves there .we have done many amazing signings that many teams would envy us for .Alba for 14M?Rakitic for 18M? getting Neymar and Suarez into 2 consecutive summers?getting one of the brightest talents in the world like Halilovic for 2.2 million ? those comments in the last couple of pages make me feel like we are Liverpool or something

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans