Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

At this point, I think it's better if we invest in one defender who is a "known quantity" rather than a potential star. We can invest in potential stars for midfield/attack. For defense, we need a world class centerback now.

The definition of world class is fluid though. One pre-requisite seem to be that he has to play for a rich club. Think of our obsession with Thiago Silva and Marquinhos. I certainly dont think Mustafi is any better than Samuel Umtiti for example. People were skeptical about Rafa Marquez, Yaya Toure and Eric Abidal when they arrived from the French league while people considered Arsenal players like Hleb, Song, Cesc and Vermaelen to be "known quantities" as they had proven themselves in the EPL. Its fair to say that Marquez, Toure and Abidal who arrived for a combined fee of 27m euros were the better deals than the Arsenal deadweights.

Why we refuse to look into the French league after so many years of ignoring it (except for PSG players of course), I simply can not understand.

Last edited:

xXKonan

50 Million Euros for Mustafi though.

Seems like Lucho want's him but he's going to be Pricey.

Last edited:

Jombi

70m euros might be too much to pay for Mustafi though.

Lucho doesnt seem to prefer players who dont play in La Liga though, which is the league he is familiar with, so players like Arda, Mathieu, Vidal, Nolito, Mustafi etc etc are typical Lucho purchases. I just wish he broadened his perspectives a little bit.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
70m euros might be too much though.

Lucho doesnt seem to prefer players who dont play in La Liga though which he is familiar with, so players like Arda, Mathieu, Vidal, Nolito, Mustafi etc etc are typical Lucho purchases. I just wish he broadened his perspectives a little bit.

That's what the sporting director is there to help with, no?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hopefully Lucho hops on the Gaya train then as well.

Gaya, Gundogan, Mustafi, and Nolito for 2016 (winter & summer). I'd be pretty happy with that.

Won't mind that.

Don't see the board be willing to spend that much though.

Inb4 we sign no LB, Iborra, Nolito and some Brazilian no-name CB

:lol:

xavi_the_Boss

Won't mind that.

Don't see the board be willing to spend that much though.

Inb4 we sign no LB, Iborra, Nolito and some Brazilian no-name CB

:lol:

There was some article on Sport that said we won´t go for Nolito and are looking for younger Options instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans