Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_bleed_blaugrana

If the end game well and truly is a younger Mathieu (lol) and a strong CM, then at least for January, I think it makes a lot of sense that the club simply recall Halilovic from his loan. He'll be virtually free, not cup tied, young and can provide cover both as an attacking midfielder through the center and on the wing. He has looked extremely impressive so far and I think he is our greatest hope of (sorta) producing a true world-class talent. That way we just stack paper, get some extra time for scouting and to see how players seasons progress (namely injuries) and just make swift and decisive moves early in the summer window, just like we did this summer. No foolin', no transfer sagas.

Guaporta

I think Alen still needs to grow up a bit before he returns.

Agreed. Sporting Gijon is the perfect club right now for Halilovic; he has a lot of freedom without being under pressure to deliver immediately. Alen can develope as a player under Abelardo Fernandez and return stronger next season (or the season after that). Besides that, the first team won't need him because Arda Turan, Rafinha, Iniesta and Denis Suárez (with the buyback-option) can play in his position (left attacking midfielder).

Barcelona should be looking at a left centre back (a Mathieu replacement), a Xavi-esque midfielder and maybe a versatile attacker. Who will it be?

khaled_a_d

We probably will in the Summer. Seems like we are going to spend "Cheap" for a Bench player Forward while we spend the big bucks in the Summer for a Midfielder,and CB?

Not sure about that tbh ,with the way Rafinha was developing and the way Roberto performing right now we have 5 legit players for 2 positions in Iniesta/Rakitic/Arda/Rafinha/Roberto . nevermind Alen on loan and but back option for D.Suarez
Right now 2 players are injured and 1 is banned of the 5 players so it is normal everyone is hoping if we have one more .but comes next summer when everyone is healthy and allowed to play I think there might be more urgent priorities tbh

khaled_a_d

If Gijon stays up, I would consider to let Alen stay there for another season. It is the perfect place for him.

Depends on how he continue to grow there tbh .If he continued to grow and finished the season strongly I thin it might be better to see if some bigger club is interested and let him grow in a more winning environment

xXKonan

Marco Reus is considered to the the top prospect signing in 2016. (MD)

CQ1T0yAWwAA1Qtn.jpg

No way he wants to come here considering he doesn't want to ride the bench.

Liverpool player Coutinho (23) is not an option for Barcelona for January transfer window as cost of the operation would be too high [sport]

Last edited:

xXKonan

Sounds like the Club doesn't want to spend that much money in January, Probably saving most of it for the summer.

anguy

Besides that, the first team won't need him because Arda Turan, Rafinha, Iniesta and Denis Suárez (with the buyback-option) can play in his position (left attacking midfielder).

He is not left attacking midfielder. Look at his highlights. He operates on right or center almost never on left. In our system he'd likely be just a backup for Messi for this reason. They occupy the same space on pitch.

Not sure about that tbh ,with the way Rafinha was developing and the way Roberto performing right now we have 5 legit players for 2 positions in Iniesta/Rakitic/Arda/Rafinha/Roberto . nevermind Alen on loan and but back option for D.Suarez

No wo don't have 5 players. Roberto sucks as CM, let's strike him out. Rafinha was nothing special on that position even before his injury. Iniesta is injury prone and it's only going to get worse with him, he might become bench player next year solely for this reason. That means you can rely only on Turan and Rakitic. Raktic looked quite average lately, Turan is unproven in our system so far. Halilovic is more an AM/backup for Messi than true CM candidate. And D.Suarez is talented, but still not good enough for Barca.

We need WORLDCLASS mid badly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans