Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Nolito makes more sense because

1. He's still quite a good player, for club and NT

2. He can play as a LW, CF and RW, basically able to play in all the forward positions needed for our team unlike RVP.

Problem ofc is again

His age + fee.....We'll probably be looking to replace him in 2-3 seasons just like it seem we'll be looking to replace Mathieu in Summer unless he turns it around completely. It's a short-term investment of 18m.

Can we get someone better for 18m?

Maybe, but I wouldn't count on us doing so.

Less wages than RVP too.

What is in favour of RVP?

He's rumoured to only cost 3-4m(?)

And he's experienced at top level

BUT.....his wages are OTT and his current level is just sad. We need an impact sub and right now Nolito seem to be able to bring 10x the impact RVP potentially could do.

If we are going after him to save money I really doubt there will be huge difference in wage demands ,RVP will probably take a paycut to seize the opportunity to try to make final run for CL .Nolito seem to have interest from PL so his wage won't be peanuts either

Surely we have to invest in the defence. Becoming more and more essential over the next two windows

I said it b4 ,I think our biggest investment in summer will be CB ,with Arda registered ,Rafinha getting back and S.Roberto current form we are a bit covered midfield
But with Bartra not being good enough for big games(or even small teams from coach perspective right now ) ,Mathieu form ,Vermaelen health and the average age of the crop (by summer only Bartra will be younger than 29) Ithink a top class CB should be a top priority .sign one 1st and then see if there is still enough money for a top notch CM

If Samper really is currently as bad as Gumbau is (I can't understand why such a poor player is with the 1st team), then a DM is also needed, alongside a LB and a FW.

I don't think Samper is worse but I highly doubt he will be with 1st team next year ,think he would be loaned out tbh
But with Roberto,Mascherano capable of playing the position (from Lucho perspective at least) I am not sure if this will be a priority

anguy

I don't think CB is that big priority. Our current struggles have more to do with poor form and lack of motivation, than lack of quality. Backup forward in winter, backup LB in winter or summer and world class starting CM in summer would be enough for us.

gasgas

Just as people claimed last season and the season before......

Mascherano is still a starter and important player.

he was a starter because we always had nobody better in that position, we hardly had a worldclass CB to partner pique. this season he might as well be overtaken by vermaelen of all people as starter

JamDav1982

he was a starter because we always had nobody better in that position, we hardly had a worldclass CB to partner pique. this season he might as well be overtaken by vermaelen of all people as starter

No he wasnt.

He was/is a starter from CB due to the way Barca play with CBs coming out into midfield and his reading of game.

Pep loved him as a CB, he was named as Barca player of the year at CB and had won two CLs at CB and is THE leader on the pitch for Barca in almost all that time Puyol has been missing.

JackSparrow

Watching the game against Rayo last night I must say LASS BANGOURA really impressed me.
I checked and he is only 23 years old. I think he would be a nice sub for us. He is quick and can go past any defender. Plus his transfermakret value is just 2M.. I think thats a bargain!!

But I havent seen many games of him? Does anyone know more about him and if he is constantly that good, or did he just had a good night?

SeloBarca

While Mascherano has been decent as CB, he still lacks awareness whats going on behind him thats crucial as a CB, which has cost us alot many times.
Hes looking at the ball to much.
I wouldnt mind another CB, but then it would have to be a world class one like Laporte or Hummels etc.

Watching the game against Rayo last night I must say LASS BANGOURA really impressed me.
I checked and he is only 23 years old. I think he would be a nice sub for us. He is quick and can go past any defender. Plus his transfermakret value is just 2M.. I think thats a bargain!!

But I havent seen many games of him? Does anyone know more about him and if he is constantly that good, or did he just had a good night?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygQoPXBRjho Quick an technical. Was impressed by him aswell yesterday.

Last edited:

Alik

True but that's in the past now and he is slowly dwindling. Football isn't played in the past

Based on just a few matches this season? In which the majority of the team is playing poorly?

Nah, it too early to conclude that Masche is declining. It could be true, and I agree we'll need to find another world-class CB at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans