Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

A 44 year-old Messi could maybe be more fair. 34 to 32 isn't. And the problem is not being far from their prime. Henry and Larsson were still very good players. Henry's 1st season for Barça was very good, he was still starter material. Van Persie is in his 2nd bad season in a row, and he is also injury prone. I can't see any upside in signing him.

Henry was still good, because he was better than current Neymar but weaker then Messi (when on his prime).
But his last few years at Arsenal were a huge decline (but still, he was one of the best in the world even when on decline).

About VPersie, on the last few pages it sounds as if almost he barely walks in the last 2 Seasons.

Last season, our 4th attacker was Pedro. And while I love Pedro, he is far from a guy with a lethal killer instinct.
Anyway, VPersie's goals from last 2 Seasons:
2013-14 Saeson for Man. Utd:

2014-15 Season for Man. Utd: (give him some credit, Van Gaal really made a mess of that team):

And only 1 year ago, against "our" Barca players in Spain vs Netherlands:

khaled_a_d

Vermaelen too, to be fair we've paid a lot for players who never made an appearance too.

Vermaelen costed 10M according to official announcement with 4&5M adds ons .both reported by MD&sport during time of signing that one dependant on games played(obviously he didn't reach the needed percentage ) and the other for winning 2 CL with us .he is yet to win 1 since he hasn't played in last year CL
So to sum it up ,we paid 10M for Vermaelen .a lot but not 18M for a bench player .and if he is healthy he can very well be starter unlike Nolito as he plays in Neymar position as [MENTION=16674]Ghostmaster[/MENTION] said

F

Flavia

Everybody is weaker than Messi, I don't get why you keep comparing players to him. I saw the ned-spain game live, the stand out player in that game was Robben.
I don't think buying declining players is a good approach. The club tend to give them lenghty contracts with high wages. Best thing would actually see how Vidal turns out as a rw/lw, he can play both. But if I had to choose between nolito and van persie, I'd surely go for nolito.

Jägermeister

Ok, everyone has their own opinion, but imo, 32 years old VPersie isn't such a bad solution.
I think that the majority is pissed because in general our fans are biased towards younger player, we would always love to see young and fresh players with good potential.
But then, we have already bought a lot of oldies in the last 2-3 Seasons and our team in general is getting older.
So, imo, this is not "only" about Van Persie, but more like an accumulated reaction towards constant buying of older players lately...

I don´t want to say anything against your opinion. It is just that I personally believe that Van Persie (And I mean Van Persie alone and not in general an experienced player) should not be bought, because imo he would´t be much of a help.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nolito makes more sense because

1. He's still quite a good player, for club and NT

2. He can play as a LW, CF and RW, basically able to play in all the forward positions needed for our team unlike RVP.

Problem ofc is again

His age + fee.....We'll probably be looking to replace him in 2-3 seasons just like it seem we'll be looking to replace Mathieu in Summer unless he turns it around completely. It's a short-term investment of 18m.

Can we get someone better for 18m?

Maybe, but I wouldn't count on us doing so.

Less wages than RVP too.

What is in favour of RVP?

He's rumoured to only cost 3-4m(?)

And he's experienced at top level

BUT.....his wages are OTT and his current level is just sad. We need an impact sub and right now Nolito seem to be able to bring 10x the impact RVP potentially could do.

F

Flavia

If Samper really is currently as bad as Gumbau is (I can't understand why such a poor player is with the 1st team), then a DM is also needed, alongside a LB and a FW.

serghei

I want a no9, as a back-up for Suarez. Nolito is back-up for Neymar, and we already have Arda Turan who can play there. Nolito as no9 does not sound right to me. Van Persie would be a very good player to have as a 2nd classic striker, after Suarez, cheap and experienced, capable of scoring goals against any team. And form can also be recovered. A transfer at Barcelona can wake up a player. And he's 32, not 36. I say it's worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans