Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co0ter

He's 21. It's a bit early to talk about class.
He's young and inconsistent like all the younger players.

That was pretty much my response, he has shown nothing other than a lot of inconsistency and a few great performances. I'll admit I haven't seen much of him this season, he's doing well I suppose.

Co0ter

How can we have become a laughingstock if silly rumours are simply made up by "journalists"/tabloids wanting to make some money? Rumours are simply rumours, we're linked to like 500 players every season and another 500 during silly season.

Anyway... Imo we need a young(er) CB, potential world class.
We need at least 1 forward, preferably already this winter. I don't think Munir + Sandro are good enough cover for now, they are struggling to come up with anything helping the team.
We need to bring Hali back if he keeps doing good - as backup for lw/rw and am.
We need a young LB backup.
That's it, 3 new players in (+Hali).
We need to loan out both Sandro and Munir if they don't improve significantly.
We need to sell one of Vermalean or Mathieu if a new young CB is brought in next summer.
Adriano and Douglas out as freaking soon as possible.
If Raki doesn't pick up momentum, maybe we need to offload him next summer already - I just have a gut feeling he won't ever be as good as last season. I don't have a short memory, I know he was fantastic last season, it's just a feeling I have.

I don't think Rakitic was ever intended to be a main starter for us, and he definitely was hot and cold a lot of last season.

He won me over because he showed up in the big games- I will always be thankful for his performance vs Bayern, he ran every single second of that entire game, showed more heart than I ever thought possible. He deserves to be here, even if we buy Gundogan for example. Iniesta, Raki, Gundogan and Turan. Sadly Rafinha will have to wait longer or leave, he hasn't shown enough to win me over this season. Good player but that's it. The Don won't be starting every game anymore either, he'll be 32 next season.

Someone else other than Don will have to accept less minutes than the others though, and they are all big names who like to play.

cule19

2 cents:

The best signings we could make are Iñaki, Pastore/Pogba and Varane. Young players with a very bright future who all fill the roles we need filled.

There are, however, many other young talents that we could get, although some would be redundant because we already have perfectly able players covering the positions, or they are just very expensive/unlikely signings. This would be the case with :
  • Aurier(22 years, RB)
  • Kurzawa(23 years, LB)
  • Alaba(23 years, LB)
  • Götze(23 years, CM/AM)
  • James(24 years, CM)
  • Verratti(23 years, CM)
  • Óliver(20 years, AM)
  • Koke(23 years, AM/Winger)
  • Geis(22 years, DM)
  • Griezmann(24 years, Striker)
  • Lucas(23 years, Winger)

khaled_a_d

2 cents:

The best signings we could make are Iñaki, Pastore/Pogba and Varane. Young players with a very bright future who all fill the roles we need filled.

There are, however, many other young talents that we could get, although some would be redundant because we already have perfectly able players covering the positions, or they are just very expensive/unlikely signings. This would be the case with :
  • Aurier(22 years, RB)
  • Kurzawa(23 years, LB)
  • Alaba(23 years, LB)
  • Götze(23 years, CM/AM)
  • James(24 years, CM)
  • Verratti(23 years, CM)
  • Óliver(20 years, AM)
  • Geis(22 years, DM)

Some? only Geis seem realistic man .

ManusXavi

2 cents:

• Aurier(22 years, RB)
  • Kurzawa(23 years, LB)
  • Alaba(23 years, LB)
  • Götze(23 years, CM/AM)
  • James(24 years, CM)
  • Verratti(23 years, CM)
  • Óliver(20 years, AM)
  • Geis(22 years, DM)

Purchasing a player from Real Madrid I feel would be unlikely to happen.

LeeRomeno

We dont need young players, what club needs to do is to get maximum out of the once-in-a-lifetime talent like Messi in club. This means the purchases we make need to be players at their prime (like Suarez, Mathieu, Vermaelen), to get maximum out of this massive talent we have.
Also each purchase needs to address the flaws or weaknesses our current side has. There are not that many at the moment, but perhaps
1) good, experienced striker backup (as we lost Pedro) if one of the top 3 are injured (or give rest). Munir and Sandro both need regular gametime to get more experience and show their talents, playing second fiddle and expecting great things from 20 year olds as subs is not smart. We need established striker willing to play the impact sub role. So if RVP agrees, he would be one of the best options.
2) good backup for LB. Alba is great, but neither Adriano or Mathieu can really fill that spot.
I do not really see any other issues with our current squad, we got nice starters and subs for almost every other position. RB is a bit weak, but with Vidal starting in January, should be fixed as well.

khaled_a_d

We dont need young players, what club needs to do is to get maximum out of the once-in-a-lifetime talent like Messi in club. This means the purchases we make need to be players at their prime (like Suarez, Mathieu, Vermaelen), to get maximum out of this massive talent we have.

The problem is we will have Espai Barca from 2017 to 2021 . in 2016 the club will try to pay as much of the debts b4 the Espai Barca too
So basically ,until summer 2022 we will likely not be able to challenge the likes of top EPL clubs,Rm,PSG financially .
We will have to spend smart ,and when we buy a player for big money it should be for long term player who we won't need to replace b4 the Espai project is over

Galning

You can do both and still be succesful. Short-term thinking will get us nowhere to be honest.

Howes

T
The problem is we will have Espai Barca from 2017 to 2021 . in 2016 the club will try to pay as much of the debts b4 the Espai Barca too
So basically ,until summer 2022 we will likely not be able to challenge the likes of top EPL clubs,Rm,PSG financially .
We will have to spend smart ,and when we buy a player for big money it should be for long term player who we won't need to replace b4 the Espai project is over[/QUOTE

I do wonder just how large the impact of the new stadium will have on the pitch,

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You can do both and still be succesful. Short-term thinking will get us nowhere to be honest.

Indeed.

Buying young and good should be looked at as well.

Signing just oldies for a lot of money also means replacing them after 2-3 years.

Co0ter

If Raktic wasnt bought to be a starter why did he become a starter from day one under Lucho?

Good question. I think Lucho bought him because if he bought a "superstar" midfielder, he would be expected to play every game and that wouldn't bode well for Rafinha and Roberto- two players he clearly favors and really likes, ultimately wanting to give them playing time. Rakitic was a very different option from Xavi, he has almost no ability to control a game. It didn't take long for Lucho to realize this (and that Roberto and especially Rafinha, aren't much different), that is why he bought Arda- another player who is a workhouse but is much more comfortable with the ball. In the meantime, Rakitic became the clear best choice of what he had...Rafinha improved very slowly, steadily throughout the season, a lot slower than most of us hoped for, at least for me anyway. Having a good game against mediocre opposition once in a while wasn't enough to win me over.

When we first signed Rakitic, he was absolutely dreadful in tight spaces and with his back to defenders- he was more of get the ball and attack at Sevilla, that is still where he shines the most.

Last edited:

Co0ter

I'm all for signing younger talent too, it doesn't make sense to keep signing all older players who you'll all have to replace at the same time in a few years. However, if we can't sign the young talent we need, or will fit us, then I rather not sign them. We have a couple of years of Messi at this best left, like he mentioned, I'd hope to get the best out of it. I don't think people realize how much of our recent success came down to Messi- we can buy young talent and build for the future, but it is unlikely that it will bring us the type of success we experienced under our #10.

Then again, I don't see many 21-23 year olds that would not only fit us, but improve us at this moment. The ones that would, are unattainable.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
You can buy quality players that have at least 5 years or even a decade of top football in front of them and who are not only talents but proven players.
It can be a young superstar like Neymar but you obviously have to break the bank for guys like him. But there also guys like Rakitic, Alba, MAtS, maybe Vidal. Rather cheap players who are able to make an immediate impact and help the club for years.

No need to go for some 30 year old or even older guys no matter if prime or not. 27-28 years like Suarez or Arda should be max. for players that are brought in to have a starting spot.

It is different for goalkeepers or squad players of course (Bravo, Mathieu, Vermaelen etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans