Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Hummels is not the right defender to target imo. I just can't see pique hummels being a good combo. Don't think we will sign anyone to replace pique.

LB and CB are must though.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Nah I don't want Hummels either, Laporte is too expensive I don't think we'll go after him, probably will try to lure Stones, but he might be too expensive as well and in the end we settle for someone like Mustafi in price range of 35-40M.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Nah I don't want Hummels either, Laporte is too expensive I don't think we'll go after him, probably will try to lure Stones, but he might be too expensive as well and in the end we settle for someone like Mustafi in price range of 35-40M.

Mustafi's buyout is the same as Laporte's. Valencia will make us pay the buyout.

khaled_a_d

Spend entire budget on a backup CB? We can't afford that.
Mascherano is still class and will be for at least a season or two. In fact, I see him lasting well into his 30s.

He is 31 already ,32 by the end of the season
I do really like Mascherano ,but he is the kind of CB whose speed,athleticism and aggression are huge factors in his game .that type won't last so long in his 30's
I think he has next season as a starter level ,may be 3rd CB at 17-18 but I can't seem him being Barca CB material past that

The rest of CB situation isn't different either .by the start of next season Mascherano will be 32 ,Pique 29,Mathieu will be almost 33 ,Vermaelen 30 and even near 31 .only Bartra will be younger than 29 and I can't see him staying tbh
I think a CB who can compete with Mascherano for starting spot is needed

I can't say who ,I am not buying on Laporte .all the tools but he still didn't take his game to the next level .
I am all for taking a risk ,but not with buying a guy for world record for a defender .
Stones?! While historically English player was once the most foreign nationality to play for Barca ( think Argentinians and Brazilians has passed them but not so sure) it has been long time since we have seen Englishman in Barca .
The transition between the two leagues and the two clubs are huge tbh ,and he could cost even more than Laporte
Mustafi? I like him but I really don't like how he is playing this year
Gimenez? my prefered option but I think he will renew .Donak is also raising a good argument about ATM defensive set

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How do you rate him?

I rate him as one of the top CB talents in the World JamDav, in the same bracket as those other young CBs.

He's not World Class yet and can be inconsistent at times, but IMO, he has and is improving and also developing into a leader of their defensive line in Athletic Bilbao.

I completely understand those who have reservations over his price and acknowledge it's a risk, however I'm of the opinion that the risk should be taken(perhaps in a minority here).

I also disagree with the notion that he's behind the likes of Stones, Marquinhos, but that's just my opinion.

I agree that there are inconsistencies with his play, but completely disagree with that he's been average for some time now.

Marquinhos, Stones, Gimenez would probably cost more or less the same as him with the inflated values these days. Unless we unearth a gem, I can see the club spending on either of them or another player in the same price range..... Not an ideal situation to be in, but in two years time we'll need another CB and some fresh blood in the squad.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Ideally,how I want us to handle our CB situation is by buying 2 young defenders in a period of the next 2 years.Would come cheap.Risk will be reduced as chances are one of them would prove to be a really good buy and good to go for the future.

mampilly

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 6s7 seconds ago
Barcelona are among the teams (Arsenal, Sevilla, Tottenham, Chelsea) interested in Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic (23)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Ideally,how I want us to handle our CB situation is by buying 2 young defenders in a period of the next 2 years.Would come cheap.Risk will be reduced as chances are one of them would prove to be a really good buy and good to go for the future.

Buy one and trust in Tarin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans