Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Every year Mascherano proves that he is quality and, in fact, exactly the type of player Barca defense needs.
And every year we have to read same comments how he isn't CB or how he makes mistakes.

I'd like to hear who are those defenders who don't make mistakes. Or better than Mascherano and attainable.

Jefecito is class and is here to stay for at least 2 more seasons.

While everything you said is true ,we can't dismiss the age factor for a player of his style .
Mascherano is very dependant on his aggression,speed & athleticism.those things can be gone at the early 30's .by the end of the season he is 32 .
while I think he will be our starting CB next summer no matter who is our signing .I would have my doubts if he can sustain that in 2017-2018 .
With Bartra most likely leaving ,Vermaelen being injury prone and Mathieu being the oldest of the pack and the fact we don't have players outside of those 5 who can play the position a new CB will be needed
Change in CB rotation will come eventually and in a position like that in a team like ours that when it comes in the starting line up it will be from insider rather than a new signing who will have to adabt
That is why we are being linked with so many young CBs . and it seem to be top priority in summer
All that said ,the situation isn't so critical to warrant going mad with our spending and risk making a Chygrynskiy type of signing

He has not been good this season imho, and neither he was in last one. He has commited a lot of blunders already (even Piqué has). I'd say he is the weakest link in the defence currently. And I don't buy this "he is a CDM, he's playing out of position" bs. He has played as a CB for ages, and he still was terrible as a CDM in the few times he was played in this position. Last time we had a double-pivot lineup (4-2-3-1), it didn't work at all.

Jombi

We have 5 CBs. And while Munir was 2nd choice RW after Messi in the first half of the season, he will be 6th choice when Rafinha return with Roberto, Arda, Vidal also ahead of Munir. Point is that it is too premature to say we desperately need this or that IMO.

Neither Vermaelen, Mathieu nor Bartra has really been given a good run of games in this team, but given sporadic games here and there with no chance to build proper continuity and match fitness.

khaled_a_d

We have 5 CBs. And while Munir was 2nd choice RW after Messi in the first half of the season, he will be 6th choice when Rafinha return with Roberto, Arda, Vidal also ahead of Munir. Point is that it is too premature to say we desperately need this or that IMO.

Neither Vermaelen, Mathieu nor Bartra has really been given a good run of games in this team, but given sporadic games here and there with no chance to build proper continuity and match fitness.

We have 5CBs , only one under 29 by next month .this one will most likely to leave next summer and even the club doesn't even have a say in that considering his buyout likely to be around 12M by the end of the year .
Another 1 is one of the most injury prone player in the world .And outside of those 5 we have no one capable of playing the position
That s why we need so much depth in that position , Mascherano is used in DM many times and Mathieu as LB but no player from other positions can play it .that is why 5 if Bartra alone leave we will need at least 1 CB signing is mandatory
And it would be better if he is a potential starter for the future
Obviously you can never be sure about the team needs and priorities b4 the end of the season specially for a team doing fine like ours

Xavinho

We have 5CBs , only one under 29 by next month .this one will most likely to leave next summer and even the club doesn't even have a say in that considering his buyout likely to be around 12M by the end of the year .
Another 1 is one of the most injury prone player in the world .And outside of those 5 we have no one capable of playing the position
That s why we need so much depth in that position , Mascherano is used in DM many times and Mathieu as LB but no player from other positions can play it .that is why 5 if Bartra alone leave we will need at least 1 CB signing is mandatory
And it would be better if he is a potential starter for the future
Obviously you can never be sure about the team needs and priorities b4 the end of the season specially for a team doing fine like ours

That's why I'd love to see them bring in a young Abidal type. Someone who can grow into the position by getting minutes by covering both CB and LB. Samuel Umtiti looks like an interesting option for example.

[tw]686741961563308032[/tw]

Seems like a shortsighted solution to our lack of depth up front. Good player but he's roughly the same age as Suarez and Messi. That means we'll be looking to replace all three of them around the same time instead of bedding in some younger options now who can eventually take over as the others age out.

Hard to find minutes with MSN in the way of course. But that's why I'd like them to go for someone more flexible than Nolito. A versatile young player like Martial would have been great for us this season as cover for any of our front three. Unfortunately, United beat us to him. Embolo could become a special player though, and he has the versatility I think we need.

Neymessi

That's why I'd love to see them bring in a young Abidal type. Someone who can grow into the position by getting minutes by covering both CB and LB. Samuel Umtiti looks like an interesting option for example.

Seems like a shortsighted solution to our lack of depth up front. Good player but he's roughly the same age as Suarez and Messi. That means we'll be looking to replace all three of them around the same time instead of bedding in some younger options now who can eventually take over as the others age out.

Hard to find minutes with MSN in the way of course. But that's why I'd like them to go for someone more flexible than Nolito. A versatile young player like Martial would have been great for us this season as cover for any of our front three. Unfortunately, United beat us to him. Embolo could become a special player though, and he has the versatility I think we need.

I disagree.We have turan vidal and roberto who can cover the front. Thats more than enough for depth.

Co0ter

I don't think either Roberto or Vidal are a goal threat, they would solely be supportive wingers...bringing the overall threat of our attack way down vs having someone like Nolito (Munir and Sandro have both been terrible).

However, will Nolito be okay with sitting the bench almost every game the other three are healthy? Is he worth his pricetag at 29?

If he is okay with sitting the bench then fine, but I dont think he will be. Someone experienced, with quality and perhaps a bit older who is okay with being on the bench would be better, because honestly we have good enough depth there and in midfield as it is.

LB and younger WC CB should be focus.

Professor Chaos

How-About-No-01.jpg

All Barca's winter transfers in the 21st century were misunderstanding. Nolito had his chance and never made it to Barca level. He will be fusion of Munir&Sandro cost 18M€. Bad move.

barcafan161

I certainly wouldn’t say he had his chance, he’s clearly in great form this season and as a sub will only add depth and make this team even stronger. He can be the difference to improve us to repeat the champions league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans